Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio:
mega.nz/#!dNtARY5Q!bfm7xOeRcRilrs3qkP-DAFUUKBW4DEcGQ_IR_PWkYo0
Mixing Engineers Handbook:
mega.nz/#!YUkgCJpR!bTX1gzqhD7fozTipk4XsRNiWQmHQXBx0T4pHMRvaURw
The Secret of the Mastering Engineer, Bob Katz
mega.nz/#!ZAE2EBCb!r0Hf0gho8pL7BlBJ6-6rJznB9SEhCG31NzNJUJX34tU

Audio Engineering and Acoustics ebook bundle
mega.nz/#!wEVAVbgB!hwd7vmzaZ9C6wAnVbqIQt37pNUpfpn0t2ecSjZGRNe4
(Bobby Owsinski - The Mixing Engineer's handbook 4th edition, The Recording Engineer's handbook 4th edition, The Mastering Engineer's handbook 4th edition. Timothy Dittmar - Audio Engineering 101, William Moylan - The Art of Recording, F. Alton Everest - Master Handbook of Acoustics, Rod Gervais - Home Recording Studio: Built It Like The Pros, 2nd Edition, Philip Newell - Recording Studio Design

Theory and Composition:
Music theory for musicians and normal people:
tobyrush.com/theorypages/index.html
tl:dr Music Theory:
gumroad.com/l/tldrmusic

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/4oxytgu0
clyp.it/pcwktnw4
clyp.it/ea25x3b0
clyp.it/2g0ypa3w
iub.edu/~emusic/etext/synthesis/chapter4_convolution.shtml
clyp.it/sa5utebl
clyp.it/isr0s3tm
youtube.com/watch?v=r9q48UlfD1w
clyp.it/tg215zry
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'm thinking about putting this out as a single before my album. How does the guitar mixing sound with the drums/bass and stuff?

feedback comments appreciated etc etc

clyp.it/4oxytgu0

I'm thinking of including this on an otherwise very mellow lo-fi indie ep. i feel like the performance actually seems genuine, hopefully a in the same vein as a daniel johnston or jeff mangum and none of that post modern fake sincerity bullshit. fidelitys horrible, but i just might not care. opinions?

clyp.it/pcwktnw4

this is the link cos i'm a fucking idiot

Can someone give me some feedback. Can't tell if I went overboard with the room ambience
clyp.it/ea25x3b0

it's pretty rough man.

i can see what you are going for and i like the whistle, but you are recording far too close to the guitar.

>clyp.it/ea25x3b0
good, especially when the louder guitar comes in.
for me the drums sound a little bit too spacey, specially towards the end but it sounds balanced too. maybe thicken up the bass a little?

would definitely use that as a b side or bootleg or something, sounds a little too lo fi to me to go on a record

sounds fine, can hear them both clearly

TY

from last (i think) thread

clyp.it/2g0ypa3w

added bass guitar and redone the vocals (did the first line laying on my bed)

bump

What's the best convolution plugin that's not a reverb?
I use iZotope Trash 2 but it's more of an amp simulaition thing and it's not really made to convolute sounds for other applications.
Anyone use something different?

what do you mean by convolution

Just the mathematical operation where the input sound is filtered based on the IR you put in, without making it a reverb.

that is complicated. what would be an example of it

iub.edu/~emusic/etext/synthesis/chapter4_convolution.shtml

i have depression i cant read

There are audio examples.

I could use feedback on this mix. Mainly I'm not sure how to make the vocals fit in the mix well but I'm open to all critiques, comments blah blah.

clyp.it/sa5utebl

maybe nebula 3 is something like this im not sure though so sorry if it is not what you are looking for

i cant learn new stuff

best daw for idm?

Ableton with MaxForLive, with most of the stuff done directly in Max.

Just wanted to say that OP's pic is a pretty solid house album

I googled it and it seems like wat I was looking for (as long as it's not just an amp emulation thing like iZotope Trash). I'll try it as soon as I manage, thank you.

Then I can't help you and you can't help me.
Have a nice day.

aint gonna

Well, certainly not with that attitude.

you don't have to use reverb impulse responses

you can convolve anything with anything, the plugin isn't going to stop you

or renoise if you want to do something more like breakcore

trackers were kind of the classic IDM thing for a lot of people

Still are for guys like Venetian Snares

I know, but convolution reverbs still make it sound "reverb-y" because they're made for that specific purpose. Even when you put completely dry samples in.

what? no they don't

there are some that try to add modulation, etc. but convolution is convolution

clyp.it/isr0s3tm

I like the metronome in it, but I can't tell if it's too loud because I've been dicking with the track all day.

is playing wow and improvising unlistenable jazz fusion licks in between dungeon pops the pinnacle of production ?

>you are uncool

youtube.com/watch?v=r9q48UlfD1w

I'm not sure how to explain it, but convolution reverbs still sound like reverbs (I assume it's because they're optimized to output a good-sounding reverb, so they add other features on top of the pure convolution), unlike Trash 2, which doesn't.

Nevermind, I may be retarded.

I just tried Ableton's Convolution Reverb Pro with the same IR as the one in Trash, and not only it sounds the same, but if I invert the phase of one, and I play both at the same time, they cancel each other out, so it's the exact same output.

I remember having the idea that they sound different from that time a few years ago when I tried a bunch of convolution reverbs (with the same dry IR) and they all sounded different than Trash, and more "reverb-y", so either they're actually different or I was messing something up (like wrong settings or just placebo).

Either way, thanks for making me realize that I can use Convolution Reverb Pro for regular convolution without reverb.

Some basic indie rock thing I just started lads
clyp.it/tg215zry

bought air music technology instrument expansion 3 today for 75 shekels and its pretty dank i suggest you goyim pirate it

i formatted and installed windows 10 (was win7) and installed all my vsts cleanly and the latest reaper from the website.
and my Vsts keep disappearing from Reaper, some didnt ever show up and some disappeared and wont show back on the fx list.
i'm currently uninstalling everything and deleting from the vst folders but i already know it wont work reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

this exchanged made my laugh out loud

start it with the rest of the beat? lower it a little, not much. sounds tight