Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
I fucked up
I spilled a little water on my mechanical keyboard
When I press backspace it writes the whole line of keys behind it "1234567890-..."
Any of you fags had this happen to you? Did you throw your keyboard or was it ok after "drying"
Are PCB plates very vulnerable to water?

Shameless self bump

Self bump

Lol u idiot

Wolololo

Fuck nobody cares about this op

just buy a new keyboard wtf are you doing.
and why the fuck are you asking us

buy a cheaper keyboard you rich bitch, then you wont kill yourself when you are being a dumb faggot like now

I'm not rich at all.
I still live with my parents and I on,y gave a gaming set up because I worked a little in some help desk at a financial market company
I seriously cannot afford another one. I also got this one on Black Friday for 20% off
My dad is barely holding on to his shittyfactory that has been going on for 1 year and not made one single profit.

I asking because I can't buy a new one, I want to know this happened to any of you.
Was the keyboard ok after some time of "drying"

Oh I've had that happen to me before. Pretty simple fix, not gonna help you cause you called me a faggot and that's a mean thing to say

You a fag mate.

I have seen this before. Just ejaculate into the keyboards gaps and your man cream will absorb the water. Should be fine after that, though it may be a little sticky

Happens to me all the time. I just open mine up, run a blowdryer on the cool setting over it if I'm feeling like a tryhard. Just give it time, let it sit upside down a day or so. It'll be fine.

unplug it and open it up. leave it out to dry for a few hours and itll be fine.

I guess waiting for it to dry would be the best thing to do right now. If it doesnt help i'd guess you would have to save up a bit and buy a cheap normal keyboard then. Might need to google a bit more if its still not working right after drying to see if theres a solution.

Stop it, I'm gonna call the mods on you for cyber bullying

fucking faggot killyourself

Do it fag

Shut up faggot kill yourself and your family

Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in?

FUCK YOU FAGGOT.

just die you faggot

Call the mods for being faggot

Poor little fag.

take it apart, leave it to dry
you might have to clean it a little once its dried
source: i spilt coffee in a corsair, took it apart as best as i could and left it to dry, eventually the short circuiting didn't happen, but one of my keys was sticky as fuck

CMON FAG GAG

Put it upside down so the water drains out

this too

fag hag

trolled

F
A
G
G
O
T
!!!!!

newfag

OP here again
I didn't directly unplug the keyboard
I shaked it, blew on it a little then restarted the computer and tried pressing again.
I think I might've short circuited beyond help

have you tried using a blow dryer or compressed air? blowing on it (I'm assuming with your mouth) will only add moister to the porblem

Put out the pcb with the keys, put it in purified water for an Hour or two, let it dry 2-3 days, put everything togheter again and it will work.

i did this with my razer 2 times bcs of cola and it works fine. But dont use normal water!

nah m8 I blew it with my ass cuz I'm a faggot

You dissing your dad's job is fucking hilarious you goddamn parasite.
At least he got a fucking job you low expectation having mother fucking degenerate.

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR KEEPING ME UP ALL NIGHT WITH YOUR DIGGIDY DANG CLICKETY CLACK

sounds about right

shut the fuck up faggot

you can google it if you dont trust me. thats what i did because i didnt wanted to buy another 130 euro keyboard (germanfag)

I blew just a little, to try and push the water off.

I have a small compressor actually but I'm afraid it might be too powerful for the PCB plate.

You're fine.
I've spilt numerous soda's and beers in my mechanical keyboard.
Water won't stick like that shit.
Just let it dry out and be patient.
Gl Op.

I used chlorinated water to clean my keyboard every month.

um.... don't use a fucking compressor... jesus christ have you ever owned a computer before?

I think my compressor has a valve to manipulate the amount of air flowing

He's talking about humidity.
You have to drain the water resevoir before you use a compressor.

No he's a fuxking idiot he let himself get scammed two times this year.
And his original factory back in my home country was also full of fucking scammers. All his life he was conned and he never learns to tighten his fist and be a little aggressive (I don't mean physical)

if you literally can't figure this out, just stick it in the oven on lowest setting for like 10 minutes.

use a blow dryer

shut the fuck up faggot

Just unplug it and place it over a heater overnight. You will know by the morning weather you are fucked or not. I spilled tea all over my mechanical keyboard but It turned out for me fine

Oh then I'm pretty sure there's no reservoir on my compressor.

GET OUT REDDITORFAG

It kind of makes you wonder how dumb people can be for falling for this obvious bait....Good ol fag Chan

>redditorfag
that's a new one, newfag

kys.
Bet you're from le Reddit army xddd

>When I press backspace it writes the whole line of keys behind it "1234567890-..."
Technically impossible; the system will only recognize one input at a time per bus cycle.

Newfag

take of the cover so it reveals the pcb, then drown it in rice for like 2-3 days. (Asians will come and repair the pcb for you) jokes aside do what i said and the screw the cover on again and it should be fixed

Literally this whole thread is nothing but newfags.

Well it fucking happens you cunt
Go be a smart as else where.
What reason do I have to lie about this little shitty detail

Literally this whole site is nothing but newfags. Get over your superiority complex that you have just cause you've been using a website longer than others.

then you can huff the rest , and you will forget about caring for your fucked keyboard

I keked

you can put your keyboard in the fucking dishwasher my dude. just let it dry and let it dry some more before you even think about plugging it in

but sounds like its a little late if you didn't unplug it like immediately.

OP, water doesn't kill electronics. It kills active electronics.

If your keyboard was unplugged and had no power what so ever, you could dunk it in the sink, and as long as it was completely bone dry the next time you plug it in, it would be fine.

PCBs have many components that need to connect to certain things, and not connect to certain other things. Water is conductive, so if something is powered on and gets a decent amount of water on it, it basically bridges everything to everything and this sends power to stuff that can't handle it, signals to stuff that don't understand it, and shit gets fucked.

If you get a decent amount of water on something electronic, unplug it or remove the battery immediately, and either dry it with compressed air as has been mentioned, thoroughly, or leave it on a heater for like a week and it'll be fine.

ur ok :)

if it's warm outside , lay it on some cement and let the sun do the rest!

I've had a keyboard that would input several random characters when I pressed a key once, it can happen.

Don't ask me how, I just know it can happen.

or a hairdryer

Yooo so ED-GY!

The only way to fix that is to put it in your pooper, OP. For an hour or more.

dubs confirms

Blow it off by farting on it.

>and nothing of value was lost

I actually had that thought user.
I believe in karma and spiritual science
Usually this happens instead of something devastating.

Op here
Can't argue with these dubs.
But if my ass was gaping as much as yours it would be physically possible

I spilled ice tea on my black widow chroma. Dry it upside down. Worked for me.

I opened my G810 from logitech for fun once. There's a shit ton of circuitry inside as it is a mechanical keyboard. I'm expecting pretty much same shit here, so I assume you can open it up very carefully, remember where each screw and part is and clean it part by part, especially the area around the backspace. Maybe there's still liquid inside somehow, though idk how that would be possible as it is water. If it were juice, it could dry up in place, shorting connections, but as it is water, idk mate.. Your best bet is to open it up and see what you're dealing with.

This

There's lots of tiny little spaces water can sit in for quite a long time, like in side the mechanical switches even. That's why people say dry it for a week and stuff cause you just need to be sure.

well, there's the possible solution then.

>Any of you fags had this happen to you?
Probably, not me though.

>Did you throw your keyboard or was it ok after "drying"
I never throw out electronics right away, I can always fuck around with them first.
I assume it should be OK when it dries up.

>Are PCB plates very vulnerable to water?
Yes.

I take it what happened is that your entire row of solder joints(the points where the key switches are connected to the PCB) might have short circuited. Because of how mechanical keyboards are generally wired it means that everytime you press backspace it's making a circuit with that entire row of keys.(pic related)

Once the water dries the short circuit should be gone because they're no longer in contact with the water, and your keyboard *should* operate as intended.

Thanks user, you seem like you know yours shit.
And thanks everyone on this thread.

Put in rice newfag

What products dose the factory produce?
And what's the market situation?

Motherfucker that's exactly what I said Where's my thanks bitch?

KEK

rice and hairdryer helped me when I spilled coke on mine.

Sorry thanks user here's a nice pic forgive me

Alright that's pretty cool, you can go

I stole a nice keyboard from my workplace. I poured water on it and space isn't working. What do?

It makes PVC Windows and doors
We also have a glass cutter and needed machines to make the glass double stacked for better thermal insulating.
This is the third time all the machinery were moved to an other place. Right now we are at 0% production because he's too stupid to understand the importance of advertising.

We did have a website but it was fucking made with Wordpress.

>Any of you fags had this happen to you?
No, because I do not ever eat or drink at my computer, because I know if I do what happened to you would eventually happen to me. I eat in my kitchen.

I prefer to eat at the computer. Also my keyboard doubles as a nice cutting board if turned upside down. So I don't scratch my table.