Why is James Cameron wait nine years to release Avatar 2. Why is this movie getting five sequels?

Why is James Cameron wait nine years to release Avatar 2. Why is this movie getting five sequels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5PSNL1qE6VY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Why is this movie getting five sequels?
>five sequels
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's the magnum opus of a genius. Give it time.

I'm sure at least one of them will be a prequel

He overestimates the level of care audiences had for the film and its characters by a very, very large margin.

Because the flick was marketed almost exclusively on its digital effects, he needs to wait until the technology has sufficiently advanced so that strategy can be repeated.

Because he's completely lost his mind.

I offer the first film as proof.

>westerners think they are gonna flop
>implying westerner opinions about movies matter anymore
Cameron wants that sweet sweet chink bux

Avatar was the highest grossing film of all time, and seven years later absolutely no one cares about it.

I have no idea how this happened.

>and seven years later absolutely no one cares about it.
Because it is the most unmemorable movie with no social impact at all.

Because people are stupid and easily manipulated by garbage but they also have very short memories for garbage

It was a mediocre film with great markering

Titanic. Everyone went to see it because it was the guy who made Titanic and that's a favorite among normies. But it was remarkably derivative and unmemorable so it didn't stand the test of time. It was mainly banking on the marketing of new technology which naturally is completely out of date and doesn't matter anymore after seven years.

I'll have a good laugh if the adverts for Avatar 2 prominently feature the phrase, "From the visionary director of Titanic."

I would bet money.

Nothing will ever be as hilarious as the marketing for Battleship.

>FROM THE TOY COMPANY THAT BROUGHT YOU TRANSFORMERS

I liked this movie the first time I saw it, when it was called "Fern Gully" and featured Robin Williams as an escaped lab animal.

God forbid this generation has one film series that isn't based off a book or a remake or some other rehashed garbage right?

James Cameron is so based

Because only James Cameron can do James Cameron's work and only James Cameron is James Cameron enough.
James Cameron

Because each one of those sequels including 2 will showcase new technology. Ive said it before and I'll say it again. The first one was a massive tech demo and since it passed, we'll probably see Cameron showcase new tech in each movie.

You're kidding. Please tell me you're kidding.

What is Pocahontas, Dances With Wolves, Ferngully, etc.

What if these Avatar sequels come to be the breaking point: the catastrophe that will destroy Hollywood that Spielberg and Lucas have prophesied?

Avatar is a remake you blind autist.

You know fucking hyped oldfags were when this trailer released?

youtube.com/watch?v=5PSNL1qE6VY

Holy shit, and the later trailers dropped Terminator, Aliens,Terminator 2, and True Lies credits. Asshole retards at Fox.

just because several movies have a similar theme doesn't make them remakes

>five sequels
>ten years to release just ONE

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't hyped

>it's okay to make a movie that borrows its entire story from other movies as long as it has a new title

No one is this stupid.

Isn't the plan to make all of the sequels in one go and release one every year? At least that was the plan I remember when he said there would only be 3 sequels. It's such a big risk waiting so long. What if no one gives a shit about the second one? Do they just eat the cost of the other 4? This could be the end of Cameron.

>Why is James Cameron wait nine years to release Avatar 2.
So Abatap wouldn't be banned from Sup Forums for being under 18.

He has probably killed himself by now.

>So Abatap wouldn't be banned from Sup Forums for being under 18.

>This could be the end of Cameron.

Why would he be in a hurry? Not like he is hurting for cash.

It's the end of him either way. He's already said he's retiring after the last Avatar film.

It's usually not a good idea to wait on a sequel until years after everyone has stopped caring. Just look at Sin City 2.

Imagine if Elon Musk was technical advisor on the sequels? I wonder who would win in a fight.

9 years ago there were less movie age goers than there are now. In 9 more years there will be more. Simple economics plus factor in the always rising ticket cost. Maximum profit

Yeah but Sin City 2 was trash. Even ID4 2 wasn't very good, and its star wasn't fucking in it.

But the Bourne reboot made bank, JW too. You're full of shit because Hollywood are still doing it.

>made bank

kill yourself

Sure, Avatar has traditional themes (like 99% of movies do)

What I meant was that it's nice to a see a filmmaker that actually seems to have a passion for what he's creating, rather than some company rebooting a series because they know they can make tons of nostalgia-bucks off it.

Well to be fair if he wanted to release it while everyone still cared, that window closed about six months after the DVD release

Passion project, fuck off, it's not for you so don't watch them when they come out.

>Sure, Avatar has traditional themes (like 99% of movies do)
You are just marginalizing how unforgivably derivative Avatar was.

>it's nice to a see a filmmaker that actually seems to have a passion for what he's creating
Yeah. Just not for the script.

Go away James.

>He's already said he's retiring after the last Avatar film.
whaaaat
really? this guy has serious directing talent and he's gonna quit after making a dull smurf franchise?

I wish I was. I got a grand story that I want to be into a movie or anime before I die.

It's like the Half Life of movies

I was going to say mean things about you, but you have quads.

James Cameron is wait

>you will NEVER become a Terminadah and be the first person in history to solitarily dive to the deepest point in the earth

the problem with avatar is we feel no connection due to how it was cut.

look at titanic, bland characters, stupid plot, but I got hooked on the setting/time-period and costumes and etc..

Avatar didn't have that... instead we've got a brief look at earth in 22nd century, and then it's jungle-crap with cat ladies.

yeah it's the first and last 3D movie I will ever see. any sequel would be lucky to get a quarter of its previous box office unless they unleash some new technological gimmick to get people into theaters.

Considering the best character has already died, I don't even care and hope it flops. Anyone who wasn't rooting for their species in this movie is a goddamn traitor.

Dances With Wolves On Alpha Centauri.

This also explains why capeshit is so popular. People are drones.

To trigger haters like you

Not everything has to have multiple sequels within the year like twilght hunger mazes

>and after seven years later not one movie has came close to beating it

Ftfy