Anyone have any idea why a surveillance OPV would be doing rounds over the same rural area multiple days in a row...

Anyone have any idea why a surveillance OPV would be doing rounds over the same rural area multiple days in a row? It circles for about 6-7 hours each time.

>surveillance
Probably spying

I'd burn my hard drive to be safe user

testing new guidance software
or maybe the pilot just needed to take a leak, then got fucked by the general and needed a few hours recovery before he could sit in the chair again

oi nice trips

But I mean for what? I checked the same area on google maps and it's literally just farms and forests.

Who cares.

Go to tampa fantasyland, take photos in arcade & theater, and post

Probably spying on farm and forest people then.

dubs chek
also, trĂ¼

Thanks user, you've been a real help

No problem, nigga.

Looking for pot fields?

Maybe something or someone went missing and they're looking for it (unlikely)

What you SHOULD do is go where it's circling above and take pics. Post 'em here

>t. surveillance plane pilot

get out the laser pointer

its a flight school or commercial enterprise most likly

Signals Intelligence.

It's an investigation.

The world is full of underground buildings. Entire complexes, and mansions, in fact, where the terrain allows.

Things are rarely as they seem.

IMSI-catcher aka "Stingray"

There's one that does this near my house all the time. They're testing their surveillance equipment on anyone they can. It's seamless. Those signals intelligence planes are equipped with proxy cell phone tower routing equipment to intercept all wireless communications in an area.

More than likely, there's a group operating there that has drawn attention, and they are setting up enough evidence to make a big multi million dollar bust and confiscate all the land and assets once they stack enough evidence to throw the book at whoever owns the assets. It's quite a racket and it's real as fuck, whether that's what's happening there with yours is anyone's guess.

>mfw it's real
That's fucking crazy but can't it just be thwarted by turning on airplane mode and turning off wifi?

Dude, in case you missed the memo, about 2 or 3 years ago, a whistle blower revealed that they have exploits down to the processors in most mobile devices that allow them to use the phone even when it appears to be in airplane mode or COMPLETELY OFF.

Of course you didn't listen at the time, right? But then last year the CIA had a major breach and a significant portion of their weaponized software toolkit became available on the black market on the darkweb, much to the embarrassment of the US intelligence community. And at that time those exploits become public knowledge.

And here we are in 2018 and you're asking a question that was answered publicly years ago. The answer to if they can be thwarted is "maybe" dependent on your device. two years ago anything Android 4.4 and below or anything IOS was compromised. Now, that has probably expanded significantly under the darkness of the intelligence crackdowns.

You have to take the battery out. It's literally the only way to be sure.

In every (EVERY) defense contract meeting you'll have in your life from now on, you will notice that they will confiscate your cellphone, even if it's off, and even senior administration can not enter confidential meetings unless their phone is either checked at the door or if they are a trusted administrator, they will be seen at the conference table with their cell phone on the table with the battery sitting on its side next to it.

In the middle east, they thought we were tracking sim cards, so they started switiching them out. But it's the phones themselves. They are stiting there constantly sending out signals and asking for a connection. Constantly. It's VERY visible and accessibly with the right senors and equipment.

>Fort Lonesome
:(

i mean thats not wrong.
but why pay for plane fuel, maintenance and hours of trained employees
when like 99% of phones have an easily exploitable app installed anyway.

>It's VERY visible and accessibly
i remember the times i could hear when my phone was receiving messages half a minute before they arrived because it fucked with my hifi amplifiers. noawadays the use different frequencies, probably because such strong interference fucks with other devices aswell.

>when like 99% of phones have an easily exploitable app installed anyway.

Oh, they exploit private software a great deal, but this is something that is working perfectly well and has for the past decade in Afghanistan and all over the middle east, with tremendous success, so they are employing it domestically, despite it breaching the 4th amendment profoundly.

As long as its secret, it can't be challenged in court.

lies
airplane mode or off mode means no rf emissions.
no rf means no triangulation

bit imsi catchers are recognizable to some degree attributable.
malware can be assigned to the bad guy of the month (best korea, russia etc)

Again, this has been covered years ago, but they have processor level exploits to use the phone microphone even when it appears to be OFF.

well when i remove my sim card, my phone goes to airplane mode.
but i can still call emergency services in that mode. like, make actual calls, just not receive any.

airplane mode is supposed to keep you from interfering with airplane radios.. its not preventing the phone from sending stuff.

Here's how it works, ok?

You connect to their proxy cell tower once, somewhere in your travels. as soon as you do, the sophisticated software identifies your phone and everything it can about it and applies the necessary exploit. Generally in android phones they push an update. For example, the Samsung Keyboard app that you never think about that shows your keyboard in all your screens has EXTREMELY HIGH level permissions on the phone. They send you a fake update through their proxy connection. This update is then resident on the phone for its life, and allows it to be activated without any lights or sounds, and used remotely, even when it appears off or in airplane mode. This is a fact and it is used extensivle in surveillance overseas as it is technically illegal to use on US citizens. They get around it by making it completely secret and confidential. A matter of national security, and the court upholds the secrecy. No case can be brought against it, because it legally doesn't exist, but it is as real as you are.

untrue
emerg doesn't work without sim due id reasons
emerg doesn't work in airplane because no rf
airplane mode is needed to stop emissions on all bands because air regulations
can be checked with rf explorers

Get real, man, things aren't what you think. Shit, my wifi still works when I'm on airplane mode, why do you think they SELL WIFI access on planes?

so your talking about trojans

still a software can't circumvent powered down components

also, samsung. kek
who still uses this shit? more cancer than apple

It's just an example, it isn't one single exploit they use. And you mention apple, but their shit is some of the least secure, needing to phone home constantly.

The fact is that they are almost all vulnerable. Do you really think HTC or LG are any different? They still use android OS.

it's because airplane switches off all rf modules, you could still power them on afterwards
i do this all the time to avoid scam calls while still be able to internet

the term airplane mode is ancient, nowadays should be changed to power the modems selectively and name the funtions, but people are stoopid
why is bluetooth on = on, but airplane mode on means mobile off? 'cause people have learned it is so, not 'cause it's logical

>untrue

based on what? Your best guess? Nigger, try it right now, your wifi still works on airplane mode. I use it all the time when on the fucking plane.

mobile pwer is 2W or 4w on older phones
wifi is 100mw
old planes have problems with high power rf in the cell, it's a rf closed room and a lot of phones can easily power hundreds of watts rf into it, inducing a lot of volts into cables controlling that thing
nowadays the tech is shielded, but cell still does not work, mainly because speed and distance to towers

no but samsung gives less shit about customers than apple does, because they're even dumber than them

ya, it works, but activating airplane switches it off
you then need to reactivate it
and guess what, i need to reactivate bluetooth too, or nfc.
because airplane mode is just a kick off to the others, nothing more.

basically, airplane is a reversed mode power switch for mobile rf, with the twist of being a non reverse power to the others, while the other power switches only work on the intended module

based on rf explorer tests, asshat
also, i can hear my radios on my radio ;)