We haven't made fun of these things in a while

We haven't made fun of these things in a while.

>brown paper bag

Xplain this meme

ameribags have to put their beer bottles in brown bags when they're in public because it's illegal otherwise
it's like a burqa for beer bottles

While technically true it's not like it's used by anyone but alcoholics. People just bring them home. And of course the police will confront you if they notice you drinking out of a brown bag.

Do Germans really drink in public?

> Do Germans really drink in public?
of course

>Do Germans really drink in public?
And Swede's Norwegians, Danes etc etc.
Nothing wrong with having a cold beer in a park or in the city square.
Why shouldn't you? There is a difference between being a drunk and just having a cold brew.

have done it myself in Germany, can confirm

why do americans hate freedom?

It's common here, too. Albeit quite illegal. But different police departments enforce the law differently. In Oslo they generally accept it, but will use it as an excuse to punish you if you're causing trouble.

Technically drinking outside is prohibited here as well (or at least in cities iirc), but unless a cop needs to reach his quotum they will never fine you for it. People still drink beer at the park/beach etc.
Liquor stores here generally do put your bottles in paper, as a means of service, as walking around with a bottle of wodka might be humiliating for some people

Yes they do. I have been in Germany many times.
Also here in Scandinavia.
>burgers not allowed to have a beer in the park
>must use brown paper bag
>"""""""land of the free""""""""""""

> Liquor stores here generally do put your bottles in paper, as a means of service, as walking around with a bottle of wodka might be humiliating for some people
seriously?

>And of course the police will confront you if they notice you drinking out of a brown bag.
you guys are beyond help

>he doesn't enjoy a tinny outside the local primary school
How do you spend your Friday afternoons then?

Yeah seriously but it's not a brown paper bag. Probably just something from the old days. Also keep in mind that our supermarkets don't sell liquor >20% like your local Edeka does

>be Burger
>never experienced a Midsummer celebration
>never seen a town covered in beer bottles and passed out people
>never seen cops dance to "Små Grodorna" instead of shooting people
Why do you even live?

>ameribags
It's the same in Australia, as well.

user you're pretty fucking out of touch if you think someone walking around with a long neck during the middle of the day isn't trashy as fuck.

>trashy as fuck.
Uhm why?
Here people carry home their booze just like anything else. Everyone drinks, no one judges.
I walked home with three cases of beer, two bottles of vodka, whisky AND a bottle of rum.
Do people care? Nope.

>Technically
yeah and it's technically illegal here for a bar to sell alcohol to patrons if it's "for the purpose of intoxocation". only an utter autist would follow an archaic legislation to the word.

At least where I am, there's generally an unspoken agreement that as long as you're not acting rambunctious or causing, police will leave you alone.

This. It's even socially accepted to drive to Germany only to buy cheaper booze.
>literally my entire office is discussing the next PuttGarden trip

Comes to show Australia is literally no different to Singapore.