When did you realise he was a totally incompetent film maker? for me it was Mulholland Drive

when did you realise he was a totally incompetent film maker? for me it was Mulholland Drive

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1RN6pT3zL44
youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U
youtu.be/UozhOo0Dt4o
youtube.com/watch?v=kHa-BcvsXLA
youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

saw a pic of him on the internet, and I knew that I would never watch one of his movies

This image is perfect for a ''WATCH IT''

Looks like you got lynched faggot

how ever shitty his last 4 films have been, i still respect him and he is stil one of the greatest filmmakers of all time.

please go back to reddlt

WATCH IT REDDIT

Eraserhead is a literal 10/10
everything else he has made is awful

its dream logic bro
you cant say hes a hack because you cant argue with dream logic

BEST: Mulholland Drive
WORST: Dune
FAVORITE: Mulholland Drive
OVERRATED: Lost Highway
UNDERRATED: Straight Story

Why is Naomi Watts so foxy lads

rekt the redditor well done lad

Please explain why Mulholland Drive convinced you David Lynch is a hack.

did lynch fucc her?

It's like he's waking up and taking mega doses of LSD the entire time he's producing one of his "films"

its a bunch of scenes around a central theme that are so OTT in their satire that its laughable.

the tone is so fucking all over the place

I wish he'd make more like Eraserhead

The Grandmother.

>its a bunch of scenes

Nice way to say nothing at all, really.

Mulholland Drive is a straightforward story that proceeds chronologically from start to finish. I'm sorry you're too stupid to get it.

Eraserhead
Shit ass movie tbqh

Please explain it to me, big strong intellectual poster

Not him, but my impression was that the first half was a dream.

Most of the movie is just that dead lady's dream, but Naomi Watts was the dead lady the whole time and she wasn't dead.

was it, dare i say it, the American Dream

The film all the way up until Betty opens the box is a dream. She is fantasizing subconsciously about going back to her (Diane) and Camilla being lovers again, and Camilla being alive. The end of the movie explains everything. Diane and Camilla were in a relationship, she left her for the director, Diane resented her and hired a hitman to kill her, then regretted it so much it drove her to suicide (along with her life being a failure).

Many things in her dream are shown to have real life equivalents: the blue key, which in the dream symbolizes never being able to go back, the coffee cup, the ashtray, etc.

Mulholland Drive is a great fucking film and I'm truly sorry you're too retarded to appreciate it.

>lesbian has lover killed
>lesbian has masterbation fantasy about meeting her dead lover and falling in love over an Erotic mystery.
>lesbian cannot escape guilt over having her lover killed
>commits suicide
>the end

You're a fucking retard

This is a much better summary than mine, thanks.

It's also worth pointing out how things manifest in her dream. For example, it's not her that is trying to kill Camilla, it's some super secret illuminati Hollywood mafia conspiracy. The subconscious mind tries to make sense of your waking life at night, and reconcile all your emotions and stress. Lynch captured this feeling so perfectly.

lmao that's exactly what Lynch fanboys sound like, too

>film literally about exploring dreams and the power of the subconscious state
>dream logic
k

>implying dreams work like that

Implying that work like what, what the fuck is your point?

lmao

Thank you. Why anyone struggles to understand the film is baffling. I like you're explanation of the convoluted murder plot. In a nutshell she's fantasizing about finding her in a completely helpless state and becoming her protector and "earning" her love. The reality was Camille was the stronger of the two and Betty couldn't handle it. Notice in her fantasy, no one shows a sexual attraction towards Camille and her desire is effortlessly thrown at Betty. Meanwhile the flashback shows that Camille was a bona-fide sexpot and it's what lured her away from Betty.

typical lynch fans
if you dont like it, its 2deep4u

It's her cute perky nipples.

I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

I AM A MAN

the movie director type character in Mulholland Dr is proto-Snyder caricature

The whole film feels pointless.

Sure it's a story about the idealized, glamorous version of hollywood starlets have and a reality of it, but it all feels like a void.

The irony is that Mulholland Drive is one of the most coherent films he's made. I could see how Eraserhead is 2deep4u, but MD tells an actual story.

Ok, let's get something straight for you and everyone else who says it's a "dream".

Remember the scene where Watt's is furiously masterbating and crying. THATS where the fantasy comes from. The fantasy ends because she is numb, fails to climax and realizes that she is still responsible for Camilles death and there is no happy ending. The fantasy ends, she remembers the reality of the situation and shoots herself.

He reminded me a lot of JJ Abrams desu.

WHILE I RESPECT EVERY AMERICANS' RIGHT TO AN OPINION, I WILL BE GOSH DARNED IF I SIT AROUND HERE AND TAKE THIS!

more like JJ desu

Damn, didn't even pick up on that but you're totally right. I need to watch it again

wish I could pull off that hair

Only the first 2/3 are coherent and that's because they were originally for a fucking TV audience. Once that got panned and he had to make an ending I guess he realized he could do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Can anybody recommend me some more WattsKino?

Man you are hopeless. How do people like you manage to function in life?

Why was the sex scene in the car so overt and ridiculous?

Why was the party scene even more overt and ridiculous?

A U S T R A L I A

>cuck
>affinity for casting minorities
>proto-numale hair
>at the mercy of the kafka-esque studio system
yup, it's JJ

What are you talking about, eXistenZ was pure kino

Good at making seizure-core music videos

youtube.com/watch?v=1RN6pT3zL44

That's Cronenberg, but otherwise you're absolutely correct.

>tfw when crazy clown time
I wasn't ready

Nice
So what's your analysis of the vignettes, such as the first diner scene and the hitman, are they subconsciously related?

>We live in a reality where David Lynch declined directing Return of the Jedi

youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U

Naomi is cute! CUTE!

I would just like to point out that OP got absolutely told in this thread and has crawled away in shame.

Witherspoon or Watts boys?

why won't he make another film like Eraserhead
why aren't films like Eraserhead more common

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dune

I go back and forth on the diner scene.

On the one hand, it's almost like Lynch himself telling us right off the bat, "hey sit tight, this is going to be an exploration of dreams and reality and where they sometimes blur”.

But the scene is connected at the end, so it may have been a part of her dream. But I don't think so. I think at the end, the hobo was holding the box right? Which is the exact object which breaks the barrier between thinking/dreaming about something and actually doing it (there's no doing back once you choose to act on your thoughts and kill her). So the hobo represents a bridge between dreams and reality, as established by the first scene. The man keeps seeing him in his dreams, so he goes to face his fears in reality, but holy shit he's real.

>it's a dream
>it's a fantasy
well, which is it?

>well, which is it?
It's escape from reality.

so an escapist fantasy then?

yfw David Duchovny is Lynch's best girl.

Was Betty a schizoid? Was that why the movie was so fucked?

>tfw I probably would if he smelled like a woman

>muh heineken

caught in a landslide

It's a pretty well made scene, something that stuck with me is that the other man pays and they leave, but he leaves his food completely untouched.
youtu.be/UozhOo0Dt4o

I didn't really think much of anything after finished Mulholland Drive, not sure if I should even bother rewatching it

Eastern Promises

I agree with the other poster that the hobo/diner serve as a bridge between the dream aspect and reality colliding. There's not much more going on there. I think Betty and the hitman were sitting in the same booth as the men but that's pretty much it.

The hitman scene imo is mostly just an extension of Bettys fantasy that there is a larger network of people working to kill Camille. The hitman is also shown to be incompetent so she might be imaging that he is not skilled enough to pull off the job he was hired for. It could also just be Lynch having his own Pulp Fiction moment just for fun.

can someone explain this? Why were two of the "real" scenes some of the most surreal and dreamlike of the movie?

Not to mention...
>shown a picture of Daisy Ridley
>"This is the girl".

Look up to the skies and seeeeeeee.

youtube.com/watch?v=kHa-BcvsXLA

Classic American Idol...

>youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U
Would have been Star Kino indeed.

The Ring.
Kong.

What exactly is a competent film you'd recommend over a Lynch movie?

Its because it never became a TV show.

please respond

The Dark Knight Rises

Man of Steel

Mulholland Drive might not be a good movie/flick, but it is good art. Some Lynch movies are art (good and shit), some Lynch movies are art and also interesting as movies. Deal w/ it.

>he showed me this thing, called a Wookie
>*shit eating grin*

Mad max fury road

Good to have you, Gordon!

I respect that he didn't badmouth Lucas. True professional.

´coz thats his legacy

watch all the tetsuo trilogy and there is more step motion goodness around the world

kek
saved

what do you define as art retard. you obviously know nothing about it.

took longer than I expected for the thread to devolve into this shit flinging

Mulholland Drive was great. I wasn't prepared for how much I would enjoy it. It is a more or less straightforward movie but I think a lot of people might be confused for a bit on a first watch just because having 3/4 of the movie be a dream and then the last 1/4 being a completely different reality can be a bit disorienting if you're not expecting it.

I also think the ending could have been better.

I'm not really a fan of the whole hallucinating and then killing herself thing. I think it would have been better if the movie had ended with her sitting and looking at the key and then starting to cry while it fades out.

Eraserhead. Literally Sup Forums the movie.