Non-americans of /b how bad is America really? I mean we don't have a true democracy, but neither do most countries...

Non-americans of /b how bad is America really? I mean we don't have a true democracy, but neither do most countries, and at least we don't still have royal families. Sure, we have a lot of stupid, illiterate, fat citizens. We also have a lot of smart hard working people that innovate and create great things. If we could overcome the shortcoming of our shit government and retarded politics on both the lest and right, would we really be such a bad country? How badly have we really fucked over the rest of the world in a direct way? Not just a, "we sold weapons to the wrong people and they used them horrifically" kind of way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w7OlBdFIxbk
missingmoney.solari.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You know, as I get older i am starting to realize that the idea of a Monarchy isnt the worse.

At least Monarchs are held accountable. Politicians NEVER are. They are just replaced. They get rich of us and yet they feel like they owe the people nothing

Like a Monarch/Royal family have their name intimitaley tied to the well being of the country.

Maybe it isnt as bad as us (as americans) thought.

Go move to Canada for apologizing about being American, I have no problem with people from other countries and I can’t imagine why anyone would be pissed at me for being an American. it’s dumb

Maybe... I mean we do need a lot of oil... I'm still not sure I 100% buy t hat the conflicts in the middle east were some sort of plot to get more oil. That's the problem with America though, our government and corporations are one and the same, we have no way of knowing what actually lead to our decision to enter the conflict.

It is kind of annoying how the US pretends like they are saving the world from the problems it created.

ISIS is because of the US

Sadam rose to power because of the US

Osama Bin Laden was a CIA commando in the 80's

N Korea was started because of US invasion of Korea

The religious government of Iran was the result of a CIA installed coup

The War on Drugs (started by teh US) has resulted in more drugs and Cartels than there were before prohibition.
Like wtf is actually going on here?

The problem with any monarchy is it's 100% guaranteed authoritarianism. If the King/Queen believes something it will be automatically pushed on the general public. There is no freedom in that. There are no rights in that.

> I can’t imagine why anyone would be pissed at me for being an American.

see

can you see now?

Replace King/Queen with Viacom, Comcast, or Disney, and its pretty much the same thing in America

You haven't looked this retarded to the rest of the world since Dubya.

It our shitty authoritarian governments fault though, not us. Look at any country and you can find the same dirty laundry, Do you think Americans wanted any of that? The corporations did. The random authoritarian/religious politicians did, but not us. We can't control our government any more than anyone else can...

I know, but we have no path to fix it. No third party has ever won, we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. And citizens united full fucked us in the ass. Wer'e just as screwed as the rest of the world.

Yeah citizens united fucked us... Everyone knows it, but you think Hillary or Trump or anyone would stop it? We're screwed, corporations run us now, not that different from any other country though...

The oil isn't for you. It's to prop up the value of the dollar.
Money is only worth what other people are willing to pay for it. Selling oil for dollars rather than any other currency increases the demand for dollars.

I've never heard this before... Kind of makes sense. So do we re-export large quantities of oil?

I'm american and I have one huge nitpick.

Ball parking but basically 99% of school has NOTHING to do with preparing you for a job. That's fucking retarded.

I'm thinking of moving to denmark one day just because it's generally nicer there.

In regard to the cartoon, were there not also large scale human rights abuses in the middle east? Would they not have gone Hitler scale in a few years?

So they didn't cover English history in your school?

What about it? They do, but school is shit here, just like most countries...

yes and no.

A.) Its not our business
B.) half of those things were originally put into place by the US

see

>Ball parking but basically 99% of school has NOTHING to do with preparing you for a job. That's fucking retarded.

True fucking that.

Honestly school needs to start teaching parenting and gardening IMO. Those are two skills we desperately need as a society

Yeah I mean i agree the CIA way overstepped it's bounds. Accidentally enabling evil, isn't necessarily the same as being evil yourself though. The middle east made it's choices too.

Ausfag here. Some days I fucking hate your country but that's mainly Hollywood and California and all that sorta cancer. But for the most part seems like a nice place , I'm sure I'll holiday there one day

Samefagging, but the it's not our business stuff is bullshit IMHO. If people are having their human rights violated, it's everyone's problem.

I'd like to holiday in Australia, I feel like it's just the US but with stronger rights and less toxic bullshit. Although, I admittedly know very little about Australia overall.

Just anything applicable really.

It's like people graduate highschool without any kind of skill set. Idk what's wrong with the people in charge of the school system. They don't have their priorities straight. Too many general ed classes.

Monarchies prohibited mortmain in order to strengthen their control of the wealthy class and to stabilize their countries. Corporations made mortmain legal and are now uncontrollable.
We need to reinstate some form of mortmain.

Yeah I'd definitely say Australian's and American's have more similarities/in common than the Pom's , our ability to smile for example

come here. it's not like the media portrays it. lots of good people bro. I went to Australia for some "young ambassador program" in HS. was there for 2 months. had the time of my life. I fucked 9 different aussie chicks, including the daughter of the man whose farm we stayed at for a week. everyone was cool and it was just a great experience. you being Australian and having an accent and shit would almost guarantee you would have the same result here. tl;dr Australia is awesome and I think you would very much enjoy a holiday here in the states.

You've got the best of the best, and the worst of the worst. You're one of the nations with the greatest divide between rich and poor, you're the forerunners of science, yet the average American's education is complete shit. Everyone agrees the way you do healthcare is shit, but nobody can seem to figure out a proper solution. The ability for politician to completely halt the legislative process is absurd, as is the rampant and unapologetic lobbyism you guys got running around. I personally believe your country is doing a bunch of shit wrong, but not that you're bad people.

Back when Baby Bush invaded Iraq, one of the European chatrooms pointed out that Saddam was about to start selling his oil for euros that same week. (As a good CIA puppet, he had been selling it for dollars.) The WMDs and the attempt on the life of Bush Daddy were simply pretexts, said one Spaniard in the chatroom, the real motivation was to protect the petrodollar.
The Spaniard had a good point, I thought, but not the whole story. Saddam had gotten too uppity with his CIA bosses and, like Noriega in Panama, needed to be taught a lesson. Another reason was that Saddam was attacking Sa'udi Arabia, one of the CIA's two great allies in the region.
But, still, fiat currencies are delicate things. They need demand in order to survive.

fair enough

Yeah, I think most American's agree our country is doing a lot wrong. We're just coming to understand that we don't have the ability to stop/fix it though. I think we've always felt that we could fix things, until recently...

Look into the origin of the Magna Carta. Or the structure and function of Parliament. Or the rise of Cromwell.

Ye I shall , I'd need a good six months to vacate , your country is fucking huge.
You just reminded me of this vid lul

>Hitler scale
The abuse of human rights is universal. Hitler makes a good scapegoat because he lost. The US maintained concentration camps, and even obligated Mexico to relocate their Japanese forcibly. The Japanese forced Koreans and Chinese women into prostitution for the benefit of their soldiers. Even today, the UN's peacekeepers are involved in human trafficking.

youtu.be/w7OlBdFIxbk
>this vid
God damn I'm retarded

Sure the US maintained concentration camps, we fucked up, doesn't mean we can never try and stop human rights abuse again. The fact that it's universal doesn't make it anymore ok either.

>Doug Stanhope
my nigga

Short version:
American economic imperialism has kept the third world poor for 70 years, destabilized a lot of formerly quite fine countries, and overthrown a lot of democracies in the name of money and anti-communism. Now your chickens have come home to roost and it would be hilarious if not for the real harm your fascist govt does to your own citizens.

Your govt is bad, but it's BEEN bad all along. Most of us out here wish you all had free health care and a functional democracy like we do. But your govt has nukes so there's nothing we can do. You're on your own.

>The middle east made it's choices too.
Let's not be overly broad here.
What we're seeing in the Middle East these days, according to Robert Kaplan's book The Ends of the Earth (1996!) is an updated version of "stomach Communism" -- radical, spasmodic, and irrational reactions to artificially created poverty. It's worth finding and reading not only because Kaplan describes the causes and effects very lucidly but also because he is also an apologist for Henry Kissinger's National Security Study Memorandum 200. In other words, he's trying to justify why hundreds of millions of people will have to die very soon.

>accidentally

How many times can you "accidentally" make the same mistake before its not an accident?

amazing chart

Are you implying we wanted the Kurds to be gassed? Or that we wanted ISIS to rise to power? I find that hard to believe...

Not denying we did this, but how do we stop the CIA? We can't.

Why are Top Bureaucrats (Commissioners, Secretaries, Judges) higher than Top Professionals (Doctors, Entertainers, Clergy)?

Is some pissant judge more powerful than Jay-Z? O_o

> Is some pissant judge more powerful than Jay-Z? O_o

Depends on if they are bribed or wan't to maintain their public image. In general though, yes...

>It's to prop up the value of the dollar
^^^ this, beat me to it.
If you want to see what the monetary situation in the weimar republic was like, give it a few more years. Russia & China gonna fuck the petrodollar up. Better hope the Saudis don't collapse in the meantime.

>The problem with any monarchy is it's 100% guaranteed authoritarianism. If the King/Queen believes something it will be automatically pushed on the general public.

You seem to be badly educated on the reality, of the difference between Absolute Monarchy, and Constitutional Monarchy.

An absolute monarch, one that rules "as ordained by god" (or whatever claim) could set the laws as they please. However, there are less than half a dozen worldwide - Vatican City, Brunei, Swaziland, Saudi Arabia and Oman.

Every other monarchy in the world is a Constitutional monarchy. the monarch's power is only exercised as a rubber-stamping of an elected government's parliament/senate laws. If, for example the queen of england tried to enact laws, she could be tried for treason. Her ancestor, Charles I, was, and lost his head for it.
there is NO situation where for the vast majority of monarchies, your imagined situation of " the King/Queen believes something it will be automatically pushed on the general public" happens. It simply doesnt happen. Its against the law of those nations.

If you dont know that basic fact about monarchies in europe, or most of the world, you really shouldnt be talking about them.

The cancer is highly advanced.
Maybe that's why Elon Musk wants to go to Mars.

Problem is the selective nature in which we go about it. Countries we have other reasons to invade & change the regime of, we use "muh human rights abuses" as an excuse, while countries we have no immediate reason to invade, and our allies, can do whatever they please & we keep our mouths shut & our tanks to ourselves.

>not knowing that ISIS is a CIA proxy army being used to destabilize Syria

ISIS, the convienient little boogeymen that pose literally 0 threat to the United States, but dominate our news cycle

Isnt it convienient that when one boogeyman dies (Osama), on the dot we get another one to replace him

ISIS is used to justify endless intervention in the middle east.

Remeber how Libya was bombed for no reason and became an ISIS breeding ground

Honestly, if you find it hard to believe that the US uses the phony scare of "terrorism" to justify endless military action, you are either in denial or have been living under a rock

america is bad. they are also the joke of the world. Countries like aus and canada make the US look like a thrid world country. and most americans are almost as blind and manipulated as north koreans lol. inb4 triggered amerifags try and insult me

>Vatican City
Even Pope Ratso was forced to abdicate.

As many times as you need to to do whatever you want & still "look like the good guys".

meh, its kind of like the "cool kid in school" he does have his faults, but isnt really a worst person than your average nerd. america has its sins, but theyre not much worse than most countries, and most countries in the same position of power would pretty much act the same

Ask Kennedy. He wanted to disband the CIA & disperse their duties among the FBI & military intelligence. Got some forceful headache relief not long after he started trying to set it in motion.

I actually believe this, again though, how do we stop them?

As if the school system isn't designed to turn out mindless consumer robots and train a workforce to do stupid things for the boss

America is full of retards, so it's no surprise we got two retards as candidates in 2016 and picked the most retarded one. Still, were a free country - no one really tells us what to do, and we can have as many guns as we want, so it's still good

Nothing short of full on armed revolution, restarting the government & intelligence services as a whole, the way Jackson talked about being necessary every so often that's never happened ONCE, would solve that & many other problems.

LOL

I'm on board with this, but it'll never happen. This is one of this reason I am pro 2nd amendment...

^^^ this. Upward mobility is largely a myth.

>full on armed revolution,
ah, you're another one of those fools that thinks everything will shake out in his favor if this happened. In reality, you and everyone you love would likely end up in a mass grave with the rest of fist-pumping morons who get a hard-on thinking about how civil war would finally give them a chance to pop off some rounds at the local niggers.

>free country

that homes the largest population of incarcerated people for victimless "crimes"

I do love it here, but I think its quite stupid to refer to it as a "free" country, when on a scale of things, its kind of isnt.

But I get ya meng

shitty social politics like anywhere else.
except our economy is bout to start booming.

>it'll never happen
You're absolutely right. And anyone who thinks that IF it ever looked like one would succeed, those responsible for the current power structure as it is WOULDN'T hole up in Cheyenne Mountain & other secret doomsday facilities & nuke the fuck out of their own citizens (and likely their top enemy nations as well) is fucking fooling themselves.

Fighting evil and is better IMHO than letting it be

Three letter organizations need to be destroyed (and maybe rebuilt, but destroyed first)

IRS, CIA, DEA must go

see
I know this well. That doesn't change that a successful full on armed revolution is the only way to uncorrupt the american government.

agreed

point taken, but it's not really appropriate to conflate our shitty criminal justice system with a true police state. As citizens we are pretty fucking free

Meant to say, "fighting evil and dying/failing", but I take it you got that

>Fighting evil

Lol. you faggots have no idea what evil is. omg, someone makes me pay taxes once a year, I'm so fucking oppressed.

Can't do that without eliminating the power structure they're supporting arms of. They enable the government to be as corrupted as it is, and the government enables them to do so. Anything they'd create to replace them would be the same shit with different names.

No, I'm saying the CIA kills a president and many citizens, seems evil to me

Hunting rifles won't be much help against the army with the highest budget in the world.

Depends on how many, brother won't always be willing to fight brother

The Internet has brought us a bit of hope by allowing us to share information more efficiently than before. There are now more conspiracy theories available than we have time to sort out.
By shining light on the thin veneers of, say JFK's assassination or 9/11, we can make more and more people aware of just how much bulltrump is really going on. We're going to need people like Ralph Nader to synthesize it all for us. Eventually the vox populi wins out, if only after a good deal of bloodshed.
Case in point: just recently a couple of academics discovered that the DoD and DHS have collectively spent 21 trillion dollars that they were not authorized to spend -- no appropriations, no budgets, they just spent it. Now we get to hold them accountable.
missingmoney.solari.com/
Some lawful mechanisms for such accountability include the ACLU and the Rutherford Institute. Otherwise, as Thomas Jefferson said, "the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

You'd get a scientology type scenario where they'd TRY to get as many whole families as possible, but anyone who flatly refused to join the side of government would get essentially written off.

yeah, I saw the oliver stone film too. I guess you also think there's a guy that flies around in an iron suit defending earth from Alien invasions with his super pals.

You know what, I honestly hope that you guys get what you want. I hope you get your revolution so that you can weep over the bones of all the people you lost when you bury them in the ashes of what used to be a great society.

Again depends on scale, but yeah that's a possibility

That's some fucking denial there. You hate every country. Name me five French dishes

>Implying that people below the poverty line are on the same level as the middle class

Fine I'm not 100% certain that they killed Kennedy, but they did MK-Ultra, and a lot of other bad things we know. The Drug war stuff definitely has more than a grain of truth. What good is a society that's 95% good and 5% evil? Still seems like a flawed society that needs to be fixed to me...

>the ashes of what used to be a great society
Not yet reduced to ash, but that's essentially what we've got now. If you read a lot of what the founding fathers & other early presidents wrote about the things to avoid & watch out for, among them bank influence, we've got ALL of those things deeply entrenched now.

How fucking great is America really? They elect GW then trump in the past twenty years. They're dumb as rocks

Income tax has been with the US for only a century. Its original purpose was to raise money for WWI. There's also an open question as to its Constitutional legitimacy, but the courts are loathe to address it.

ok, you set about creating a race of flawless humans and you might have a chance at your flawless society. Let us know when you pull it off.

As a Brit I admire the way that your election system actually has to follow the rules. We are not so fortunate here; Brexit won the vote but our politicians will ensure that it never happens.

>They elect GW then trump in the past twenty years
Don't fall for the L v R meme as many american citizens have. The president in reality has very little power & is a scapegoat to keep us fighting one another rather than the government & corporate power structure itself.

There is a difference between institutional and societal flaws. I argue many of our flaws are institutional/formal...

First you should define "free". Then we make comparative assessments. Not before.
"The Constitution is what we say, but the police is what we do" said one of Kennedy's AGs.

We are degenerates. We don't care about politics. Just nudes. So tits of gtfo

From Canada, you guys are all rednecks that have guns, love fast food and football. And Canadian (Quebec) news channel always blast the fuck out of trump and republicans.