Need some advice on a gaming laptop? Maybe a desktop but i dont have a desk etc...

Need some advice on a gaming laptop? Maybe a desktop but i dont have a desk etc. Wanting to play new games at a smooth fps (70+?) Also using it for university.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/WbgMf8
amazon.com/dp/B076RB85NV/
pcpartpicker.com/list/2BCRNN
nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/zFv9jc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have about $2000

BUMP

Desktop pc will be the less expensive option

I would need a desk, keyboard, mouse and headset. It would probably end up the same price if i was getting gaming stuff.

spend $1000-1500 on the gaming pc, spend the rest on games. $1500 is more than enough for 99% of regular gaymers.

Would something like that play pub g, destiny 2 etc?

Yes.

Google logical increments, go to first website to learn more.

If you're going to be be playing a game at an FPS higher than 60 you should really get a 120hz monitor/laptop because 60hz monitors can't actually refresh fast enough to accommodate for your extra frames.

GPU prices are high right now, so expect less power with a $2000 build than you would normally get, although it'll still be a little more powerful than the laptop.

pcpartpicker.com/list/WbgMf8
amazon.com/dp/B076RB85NV/

Alright fuck you.
I had a nice message but I have one single question: what in the fuck are you going to uni for becuase that fucking depends on what the fuck I say.

Gaming laptops are shit and yours will be obsolete before you know it and your only option will be to buy a new one. With a desktop you'll be able to buy new parts as you need them or carry over old parts to a new build. Logical increments is definitely a great resource, but with the price of graphics cards being so high due to crypto mining you're probably better off buying a pre-built right now. "gaming" keyboards and mice are optional. You don't need to spend $300 on a mechanical keyboard.

Thank you very much

Does the laptop have 120hz screen and whats with the desktops graphics card? Looks different to most of them i have seen...

I have heard of this, I am in need of one now amd obviously looking for something new so...

Blower model. Cheap ass model, but still $300 above MSRP because of miners. I believe the laptop does have a 120Hz refresh rate.

>amazon.com/dp/B076RB85NV/
correction: 144Hz G-Sync, so dynamic refresh rate

So im looking at this desktop, im changing the storage to jist a 250gb ssd and maybe the graphics card? I also heard amd cpu's are not as good quality as intel?

Just typing, not digital shit.

Not since Ryzen. That applied to A-series and FX CPUs. The Ryzen 5 is a great value if you want to save money, which you need to if you want a nice graphics card.

Ah, this seems alot easier to buy than a bunch if peices, desk etc for a desktop. I just need the laptop while im in uni (3 years) so i dont mind if its shit in 3 years. Would this laptop play pub g, rust and games like this. Fps?

Ah okay.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/WbgMf8
Absolutely. GTX 1070 is god-tier 1080p gaming. Plus, G-SYNC so no screen tearing if it drops below 144 FPS.

Very stuck on which i should get, laptop i can take anywhere but cant upgrade like the desktop. Would i need to buy a cooling thing for the laptop?

So nothing beyond MS Office, internet, etc.
Get a fucking desktop and a laptop.
Trust me on this.

A desktop worth about 1400 and a second hand thinkpad worth around 500-600 is ideal.
Use logical increaments or whatever the fuck it is when you plug it into google.

Get a thinkpad. Anything with an SSD (at least 256gb, 8GB RAM and an i5 (I strongly recommend 5th gen i5, so i5-5500u) and at least a 1600x900 screen.
T series is 14" and fairly light. X series is 12 or 13 inch, depends on the model and also light.

Thinkpads are business brand notebooks and will last. As in they will last years and are insanely servicable. You do not need a goddamn quadcore, gpu, 16gb of ram, 1tb of storage or any othe rnumber of retarded recommendations you will see online.

Look, user, if you want a gaming laptop it'll be heavy and generally have terrible battery life.
I strongly fucking urge you to get a backpack, fill it with whatever you plan for uni, water botlte, pads, whatever and then add in something to make up 5-6lbs and walk around like that for a few days and see how you like it. If it's okay, then and only fucking then, get a gaming laptop

Oh sweet, would this need overclocking or anything like this?

It would run at stock pretty well, but OCing would help in CPU intensive games like Deus Ex: MD.

>thinkpad meme
fucking kek Sup Forums brother

I am more sided to the desktop right now, just the idea of putting it all together seems like a struggle for an average guy like myself.

It's not. I've built my last three computers myself. Very doable, even for Joe Average.

Okay, i think i might do this build just change the storage to ssd and add a monitor

Im sure ill figure it out, i have Sup Forums to help anyway.

A Thinkpad was used by Moira to write her wasteland survival guide on

It's mostly really fucking easy, user.
The hardest part is actually picking out the parts.
With that said, the only hard part I found is attaching some of the wires, they're somewhat small but I have terrible dexterity.

Also get a fucking desktop - the laptop will last you if you take care of it (maybe) but here's the thing: it's a gamble. Outside of business classes, laptops are not guaranteed to last for 3 years.

>> i have Sup Forums to help anyway
pic related
>>Sup Forums helping, ever

Does this desktop have any hidden shit that i will need once its brought, want to buy it all in one so it works, does it have internet and sound etc? I have never done shit like this so i might sound like fucking idiot

Extra case fans help? Do i need glue for cpu? LED lights?

those are drivers, files basically
you will probably pay for an operating system
you will either download the drivers onto a flash drive from a different computer or connect the new pc with a ethernet cable to get a wifi driver

Yeah windows 10 is included in this build

I think the drivee thing makes sense to me do i just type up all the drivers i need?

user, which desktop?
Was it one linked here?

But generally what happens is with Windows 10, it downloads your updates for you.
Generally sound comes from your monitor, external speakers or your headset.
As for internet, well what I've done was got my phone, downloaded the drivers, then conencted it ot the pc and installed them.

since the os is installed already you can connect to the internet with a lan/eth cable thats why I mentioned it
you can focus the ones you want with a google or just yolo windows update should get you basic audio driver at least
Make sure you download them from microsoft website or w/e the legit maker is

Yeah the one from pcpartpicker linked above, i added a 144hz monitor and 250gb ss instead of the hard drives

Sound is onboard.
Thermal compound is already applied on stock heatsink. Already has RGB.

Updated build with wifi:
pcpartpicker.com/list/2BCRNN

Is that Mia?

It literally says Mia Khalifa in the picture bro.
You that glued to her tittys haha can't blame ya

UPDATE: im not in usa... the places these products are coming from the us and im assuming the price is usd?? Im from New Zealand

Ah i see thanks, you changed some parts too. Looks a bit nicer

Fuck abort, this is all usa shit.

Bump guy

Does anyone know how to convert this build to nz?

here you go friend

nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/zFv9jc

$200 for keyboard, headset, mouse, your choice

REEEE thank you so much baha i was freaking out that the price difference would be insane

No cpu cooler?

Wraith Spire (stock) is fine.

Its saying i need a mounting adaptor?

You don't. I'm not getting that.

user, you're retarded.
Like, seriously, fucking retarded.
Go to some two bit shop that repairs PCs and ask them if you bring them the parts, will they build it for you and you'll pay them like 50 to 100

Because quite frankly, you have no idea what the fuck you'll do if you get confused.

Sup Forums is not your goddamn ass raping uncle who helps you for a blowjob

Hmmm ill try find one that doesnt according to the websitr or ill jist hange the motherboard to one the same but differrent

Yeah a thief thinks everyone steals.

Haha yeah i guess i am

I cant find the wraith spire and is 8gb ram enough for gaming?

user?

Bump

8gp is all you need to start. You won't get problems unless you insist on having a shit ton of mods and stuff on a game that is already using crazy ram. You can add more if you need to, it can take four slots and a total of 32gbs of ram

that is just my experience some people insist 8 is unplayable

Ah okay, still cant find a cpu cooler that doesnt need a 'mounting adaptor' to sit on the motherboard