Anyone here do mma. Brazilian jiu jitsu. Etc lets have a discussion about ufc and grappling. state your rank

Anyone here do mma. Brazilian jiu jitsu. Etc lets have a discussion about ufc and grappling. state your rank

Purple belt.

thats dope bro I'm a blue belt. whats your lineage?

Purple belt in karate when I was like 13. Can't even kick above my hips anymore. How do I splits the lazy way

GFT

I'm not hyped for this fight.

I did the washing up

>GFT
nice I'm at atos
dc is gonna get mopped

White belt checking in.

Purple belt, 7 years training. Offered brown but I feel like I need to hone everything and go over the the basics. at every level I never feel ready.

how did u get offered your brown. congrats on your purple belt btw bro I'm still a blue belt but I'm the best juvenile right now

blue belt at BJJ. been training about 2 years, 4-5 times a week.

I started late at 34 so it's been tough , your body and cardio just isn't there at that age even when you're in good shape like i am.

It's fun and it's astonishing how easy it is to manhandle people who don't train when you roll with them. you just don't realize it because 99.9% of the time your rolling against other people who train.

ous keep training bro

How the fuck did you tell your professor/coach "no thanks"? He would cut our balls off if we did that at my academy

Will do man!

My teacher asked me if I wanted it. Maybe it is because I gave him a hard time during a roll idk. He asked me but I didn't accept

yeah lol its super disrespectful but its probably not a super strict lineage like Gracie Barra

Is bjj better than judo or wrestling?

He asked me in private. He is my professor but friend too so it is not like the usual relationship. I'm like an older son to him I feel sometimes.

yeah I train at a GB. Holy shit my professor would break off your arm and beat you over the head with it if we so much as refuse a stripe let alone a belt.

That or he would go off on an hour long tangent about the belt finding you blah blah

This is very unorthodox for a coach to ask.

oh ok... I guess that makes more sense

No it's not. all are useful in their own way. I imagine wrestling would be the most practical. bjj academies don't drill takedowns enough anymore IMO

He said he wants me to compete at the adult level when I get Black before I am 30. Im 26 now. I feel like i am not ready yet. I need to study up.

3 strip Brown Belt, Alliance.

He is unorthodox. He gave me 3 stripes on my blue all at once because "3 looks good"

no belt :(
i just started training in Wing Chun kung fu

I assumed MMAers use bjj 'cos it's the best.

im sorry to hear that.

Wrestler here, hoping to get into jits soon, already watch a little bit of pure BJJ and love MMA. What's the general opinion on wrestled amongst the BJJ community?

a wrestling base really helps in bjj.

kazushi sakuraba was a wrestler before he got into mma. the results speak for themselves.

i think it can really help and you can learn at a more rapid pace than the average beginner.

you're almost a brown and haven't competed ? My first comp is coming up in a month. I'm a blue been training 2 yrs

They're straight up killers. a college wrestler would walk in brand new and in a couple of months would be holding his own against a decent blue. it's a phenomenal base to have

3 stripe white 1.5 yrs Alliance

Log grappler

I thought MMA was originally a "constest of styles," like bjj vs. taekwondo vs. kungfu, etc., and the less effective styles got filtered out and people pretty much settled on bjj for ground and muay thai for standup.

>t. conor fan

Randy couture. Get some Greco Roman while you're still wrestling.

You misread. I have competed many times. At blue belt I got 3rd at worlds. He wants me to compete as an adult (below 30) at black belt.

Brown belt with 2 stripes under renzo gracie the grandnephew of helio gracie the founder of bjj

wrestled in highschool, have seen some of my friends grow into hardened criminals

martial arts doesn't win over psychosis, I saw a guy who was trying to become an mma fighter get beaten with a bat at a bar, he got his legs broken and clearly the guy using the bat could not fight, he was just a psychopath, I think martial arts is useless if you just keep weapons on you or nearby and are unstable enough to use them in an emergency

it'll be interesting

5th degree blaxk belt Almighty Gaylord

bjj took the groundwork from judo and focused on that. Wrestling is sometimes considered "anti-jiu jitsu" It's nice to have that in the bjj arsenal and The goal is to take the person to the ground in order for bjj to be really effective.

Wrestling only focuses on takedowns and holding someone down.

Judo does 60-90% throws, 40-10 ground holds, subs,

BJJ is all blended together to get the submission with 100% control

I want u guys to know something rn
theres this kid rn. he's 6'6 and 300 pounds. his name is giant
he is going to be challenging Nicky Ryan and Rayron Gracie and is going to solidify himself as the best juvenile in the world
he's unknown
you will see him soon, and know he browses Sup Forums

You have to have empty mind.
Learn everything new.

Some people from that world do not grow once they enter bjj. Then they suck.

Sounds like a dumbass.

Try to be well rounded.
Also don't do stupid things.
In stupid places, with stupid people.

Ever hear of kali? The melee weapon martial art? Shooting guns is a martial art.

Try to be the hardest person someone ever tries to kill.