/cyc/ Giro - Stage 7

It's an obvious sprint episode. Two man breakaway. 160 km to go.

Tricky bends in the finish.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=baVIiFJIb3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good thing I kept refreshing, was a click away at making it myself. In any case, looks comfy for a while still.

Made the breakaway, had a mechanical and got dropped.

Press F to pay respects.

At under four minutes, this break is pretty much caught already.

But he's missing out on those lovely TV minutes.

Fair enough, mechanical issues must be up there on the frustration level as far as issues are concerned.

>Dat fucking wind

That's no longer a peloton, that's a sausage.

Unironically want Caleb "JUST" Ewan to win today.

Looks like the perfect stage for a rouleur. Who's got this one gang?

Was the Willier kit designed in the dark?

>Dicking around with the wrappers from whatever power bar he just ate

That'll turn into a fine tomorrow.

I don't know that it was designed at all.

MODOLO
O
D
O
L
O

That is one tiny ass can of coke.

Mommy didn't pack a lunch for Fonzi?

Kind of nice that there's been a decent breakaway on every stage. I remember last year's TDF was boring as hell because the peloton would stay together until the last 5km then the sprinters would sprint or climbers would climb.

That said, still missing the meme wins by 2agan

Said 2agan would be the one animating the breaks though.

Is there crosswinds? Or should I just watch the last 30 km?

Watch the last 300 m bro.

>tfw creaky bottom bracket
just spent an hour disassembling, degreasing and relubing every crank bolt and thread from the pedals to bottom bracket and it still lightly persists. What do?

k

Buy a new bike

what bike do you have?

Maybe the bottom bracket itself is fucked?

I hate that feel man. If you can afford it, take it to a mechanic?

Also, consider that it might not be the bottom bracket. There's many times I've tried to solve a creaky BB in the same way you have to no avail, only to realize it was actually the seatpost clamp/stem/handlebars. Consider other parts of the bike under torsion during pedaling.

seatpost/saddle also an option.

one that hasn't been crashed, then again my drivetrain was filthy so I hope the cleaning, lube and regreasing will seep in and set over the day for both the threaded connections and chain
I checked for cracks and saw none

It could be the bearings, but as someone else said actually going from sound is hard because of the sound sound goes around in the frame

I considered this also, but the creaking occurs particularly when off the saddle and in a sprinting sideswaying motion on the drive-side crank arm, leading me to believe it's from the crank bolts which I have already reinstalled after removal, cleaning and regreasing all five of them

>Why haven't you bought an IKEA bike yet?

>tfw broke my headset expansion plug so i cant tighten my headset
>tfw new one would have been delivered today but some meme holiday means that its not going to be here before monday

why would i?

>mfw commuter needs a new crankset, shifters, chain and saddle

I had that same "only creak when sprinting out of the saddle" issue twice. Once, it was a unevenly tightened bolts where the stem meets the handlebars. The other time, it was that one of my pedals had an overtightened centre bolt from the factory.

When is then Blockhaus?

It comes with a sweet cart.

post bikes

That's what I meant. The bearings might've gotten fucked somehow and are screeching around the inside of the bracket. If that happened the whole bracket is fucked since the inside already has had metal shaved off and is basically compromised.

I had the exact same creak a few months ago. Only when out of the saddle and at the same point on every pedal rotation. Never figured it out but it went away itself after a few weeks.

sunday

Wow that's beautiful, wish it was easy to get Canyon bikes in Canada.

>Poorfag reporting in

What is the nicest bike in the peloton?

Best Aero: Aeroad
Best climbing: Tarmac

That has to be the ugliest bike I've seen him ride.

Bianchis look comfy af.

Eh. Who the fuck spends a sunday afternoon watching TV?

tfw nicest bikes and kit is the Canyon/SRAM womens team

This is accurate. Also a pretty QT team imo

kinda meh desu senpai

why do BMC never use their aero bike TMR01? It's always the SLR01 in both flat and mountain stages

WHO

Hahaha you're about to have a great few hours. Spend some time Googling "Puck Moonen"

>tfw when you watch cycling but too lazy to actually do it.

Yeah it's pretty nice tbqh

this desu senpai

thats one fatass seattube

Puck Moonen. Relatively unimportant rider, but she has good Instagram game.

wow an actual town.

>Greipel going for points

Literally why

it's an aero tube my man

SRAM components brah

fugg :D

Are these breakaway lads gonna make it?

R8 please

Cost me £75, cleaned it up a bit and it's full Reynolds 531.

>Puck Moonen
ok thats respectable, ill give you that

pretty nice, could easily go for twice that here

Are you short and qt

I thought I had a creaky bottom bracket once. Turned out the noise was actually because of the seat tube instead. Try to check if adjusting tightening etc on it will help.

Very cool. Looks like you could use a new chain. A nice KMC would improve shifting and responsiveness a good deal. It's a great bike to get into the sport or do some cheeky speedy commuting.

Would ride to the pub and back/10

4u

just woke up what have I missed bros?

your mum

(you missed your mum)

absolutely fuck all.

cheers lads

But isn't she still too young to be a top rider (20 y.o.)?

I thought she was Cyclocross

The Jaw is also 20

Guys I live in Bolzano, what stage should I go watch and in what spot?

What stage has the best ascending? Rovetta-Bormio? Tirano-Canazei? Moena-Ortisei?
I guess I can watch them all, probably.

So what are the best spots and how do I regulate myself with the traffic limitations? Can I like reach the places with my motorcycle in the morning, is the road still open to traffic?

Something to animate this thread
youtube.com/watch?v=baVIiFJIb3U

how is Cannondale Drapac allowed in the WorldTour having won fuck all in 2 years yet Dimension Data almost didn't get invited despite several major race wins?

>men's frames not available in team colors
I would've gotten one instantly over the gray one I ended up buying.

Heritage*, legacy* and tradition*.

* read: racism

Because Dimension Data didn't get fuck all WorldTour points besides few sprint wins from Cav.

who wins lads.

surely not gavaria again.

How was your ride today /cyc/?

I am extremely hungover but the 10/10 weather convinced me to go for an easy ride among the fields. It was very strange, everything felt a bit numb and it was like I was riding in 3rd person somehow. At one point I started whistling without really thinking about it, and I got startled by my own whistling because I thought it was someone behind me, and nearly crashed.

My legs were actually okay and I had tons of energy, my brain was just a bit fucked. Was a pretty nice ride overall, weather was absolutely perfect for riding today.

memes

gorilla

I sense a big crash today

Where in the world is Mark Cav these days? I don't recall the last race he was in.

>10C

life must be pretty miserable in denmark. Nice pace though.

he is ill, epstiens barr disease or some shit.

who the fuck is this patrick dempsey.

An actor and a former driver in the WEC.

Great guy who follows his dreams

From Grey's Anatomy. What a fred

press f to pay respects to the breakaway

>Tricky bends in the finish
no Greiplel then

man, must be a great life to hide in the middle of the peloton and get dragged along all day.