I like this movie simply because the music makes me feel the emotions the film tried to make me feel

I like this movie simply because the music makes me feel the emotions the film tried to make me feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY
youtube.com/watch?v=AQEdximgm_8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A SITH LORD

A SENATOR

Well put.

The Force Awakens couldn't even do that.

>Episode 7 is so terrible that I am forced to look back on episodes 1,2, and 3 with whimsical fondness.

So are you saying this could work as a silent film?

>listening to movies
Do people really do this? Usually I watch them on mute while playing a video game.

the music is part of the film though

The opposite dumb-dumb.
>the music makes me feel
>positive statement
>the film tried to make me feel
>negative statement

"tried" is the opposing word that makes the sentence negative.

reddt

youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY

I agree 100%. The music was great.

Is it safe to say that John Williams saved these movies?

So perfect

He was supposed to.

You can't cheap out on the music when it comes to making a top budget movie. The quality of the acting, story writing, and general visual illusions of the movie can be sub par, but with a great grade A soundtrack, the movies can still be good.

Case in point: Sergio Leone movies featuring Ennio Morricone music (all of them?). Are they as great without that music?

Now I'm curious.

How often in film history has a production company had to dish out large sums of money at the last moment for someone to come in and make a great soundtrack to save a movie?

>You can't cheap out on the music when it comes to making a top budget movie

The MCU doesn't care, and the BvS score was a step down from the work Hans Zimmer did for Nolan.
This is not a trait unique to capeflicks.

I understand and generally agree with your point, but it needs refinement.
Movies like Pirates of the Caribbean did work with their score. But Master and Commander did fine without it, from what I remember.
Mind you, I'm talking about the quality of the work itself, not box office returns. Those are different things entirely.

Name a single film that is good and has bad music.

Protip: You can't.

Most of the MCU.

mcu has literal shit tier music

it isnt a last minute thing if its good and the sound mixing and balancing the music and effects takes months

Go ahead and try reading that again.

MCU is not good faggot

The mcu has zero good movies. all capeshit is shit

wew lad. Sure made me think

they arent good this isnt a revelation

I can't tell if you're seriously that far up your own ass or just have some really stale bait.

do or do not user. there is no try

>n-n-no, capeshit IS good! Anyone who says otherwise is just a, a, a, a NECKBEARD, OK? SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!

>YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

>I LOVED YOU ANAKIN

let's face it, E3 is so memoerable that you could probably remember half of the movie dialogue out of your head even now.
E7 is meanwhile to mediocre that it becomes shit you don't even bother to remember

youtube.com/watch?v=AQEdximgm_8

E3 will be remember the Final Chapter of the Greatest Space Opera of our time, E7 is just a Disney cashgrab where nothing new happens and most of the chars are boring as hell.

I think the problem with people like you is that you forget things are supposed to be judged based on the intentions with which they were made. Capeshit can be good or bad just like art house films can be good or bad. You can't judge capeshit like you would art house same as you can't judge art house like you do capeshit.
You """""""patricians""""""" have such narrow perspectives.

>and the BvS score was a step down from the work Hans Zimmer did for Nolan

Imagine being a guy who did music for three Batman movies, but then be told to write stuff that's different enough to not exactly be like the old music, but still pretty much the old music in all but name.

Zimmer went on record saying he's super fucking tired of capeshit after BvS. He didn't want Man of Steel, either.

But even here MCU's capeshit is garbage.
There is some good capeshit here and there in History, but not from MCU, obviously.

probably never due to how intertwined the score is with the way the movie is shot/edited. Directors will shoot scenes with a specific "sound" in mind and editors sill match the way they cut scenes w/ the music

hmm

I don't even dislike VII but you're correct about III. I did really, really like III and yes I can quote a ton of script. The only lines I remember from VII are those that have been memed on Sup Forums.

I unironically love Episode III

Every Star Wars day I watch this movie on mute and play the soundtrack in the background. It is about 10× better than watching it normally.

> my space adventure flick needs to have memes in it for it to be good