Vaporwave and Transgenders

I have been listening to vaporwave for about 4 years now. I was aware that Vektroid is a MTF, but I had no idea that a very large number of vaporwave producers are transgender, and it seems that a large proportion of the most popular ones are trans. I found this out by following a bunch of them on twitter. Here is a list of the trans folk I have come across who make vaporwave/future funk:

Ramona Andra Xavier, a.k.a. Vektroid
>vektroid.bandcamp.com
>twitter.com/Vektroid

Robin Burnett, a.k.a. Internet Club
>internetclub.bandcamp.com/
>twitter.com/genderdeer

Lily Redwine, a.k.a. Ultrademon
>twitter.com/liliumkobayashi
>ultrademon.bandcamp.com/music

Angel Marcold (Owner of Swamp Circle label and various artists there)
>swampcircle.bandcamp.com/
>twitter.com/angelbbgrrl420

Horrible Gender
>accesstds.bandcamp.com/
>twitter.com/horriblegender

Nicole Johnson, a.k.a. Boreal Network
>borealnetwork.net/
>twitter.com/ribnose

Valyri, a.k.a. Khoven
>khoven.bandcamp.com/
>twitter.com/khoven_

Vivian P., a.k.a. Vipensity
>soundcloud.com/vipensitymusic
>twitter.com/VivianPMusic

Stevia Sphere
>steviasphere.bandcamp.com/
>twitter.com/steviasphere

This is only a small sample but I am sure there are more. It's really quite bizarre to me that this musical movement which ostensibly has no undercurrent of trans themes is somehow controlled by people who identify as trans. Does vaporwave lower testosterone, or are people with low testosterone naturally attracted to vaporwave?

Other urls found in this thread:

argiflex.bandcamp.com/music
twitter.com/argiflex
twitter.com/biancafantyart?lang=en
bee-fant.deviantart.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=hefh9dFnChY
youtube.com/watch?v=rtUYko_t8go
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Estrogen improves creativity.

>tfw trans
>tfw realize i made a vaporwave ep
The meme is real.

>mentally disabled people
>popularising an entire genre
but user, that's punk music

haha
I need to stop listen to vaporware

Horrible Gender

the genre is shallow brain candy, just like their "condition"

Boreal Network

Khoven

Vivian P.

Stevia Sphere

what's your twitter and bandcamp/soundcloud I'll include you in the list

Fuck off.

Vektroid

this is ok

why are these so ugly?

Ultrademon

>this is ok
>literally a 12 y/o boy
What the fuck is wrong with you?

wrong; khoven is cute af

>vaporwave is full of mentally ill degenerates
Checks out. Who else would slow down 80s songs and call it a genre

My guess is that the SPF420 group (Vektroid, Internet Club, Metallic Ghosts, etc.) was a trans group to begin with and maybe that's how trans culture was diffused through the movement. Either that or being trans is just a very widespread fad on the internet and those people were exposed to vaporwave in large quantities.

It may be an evolutionary thing.

Separate chair for the anthro plastic flower makes me a fan of this artist, though I haven't heard a note of her music yet.

*de-evolutionary

Telepath and the rest of Dream Catalogue aren't trannies, a-are they?

It's certainly a possibility that Telepath is, but there's really no way of knowing since he keeps such a low profile. I sincerely doubt HKE is though.

It's very reminiscent of Boards of Canada and quite nice.

sophie is a tranny also

Curtis Lehr, a.k.a. Argiflex
>argiflex.bandcamp.com/music
>twitter.com/argiflex

>12 year old boy makes music and dresses a little like a girl
The epitome of human filth.

I blame tumblr for this

Bianca Fanty
>twitter.com/biancafantyart?lang=en
>bee-fant.deviantart.com/

Who gives a fuck? What does it matter what the artists looks like/identifies as... we're talking about vaporwave here

Cool, I'll listen.

and they're all shit except for vektroid

I see your game OP, you're actually promoting this group of artists by pretending to have "come across" this weird coincidence. Admit it, you're trying to usher in the transfolk vaporwave Renaissance, aren't you?

You mean a bunch of people known for following trends and fads all jumped on the lastest trend and fad?

hi vektroid

Vaporwave is trash. It had to be picked up by non degenerates to become listenable fashwave.

>i have been listening to a meme genre for four years

KILL YOURSELF

40% chance of that happening along with the genre

It makes a lot of sense, really. Vaporwave is really the best example of post-modernist theory implemented in music (especially early vaporwave). Musically, it deconstructs our notions as to what makes a piece of music original and authentic; does slowing down elevator music and adding some echo make it YOUR song now? is the music actually good or is it intended to be ironic? it's all open for interpretation.

Transgender individuals essentially do the same thing but apply it to gender and sex. It's all about deconstructing and questioning the natural order. That's why I think, on a subconscious level, trans people are drawn to make and enjoy vaporwave music.

All I could think about was this episode of the Simpsons. You nailed it.

But most of the first people in the genre weren't trans.

Anyway, all popular music that matters is made by "degenerates". Take away sex and mind-altering substances and there'd be no popular music, not even folk.

>is the music actually good or is it intended to be ironic?

I can't believe how square you are. Duke Ellington said it decades ago - if it sounds good, it *is* good.

>t. trans degenerate

So its settled then. Its bad.

I'm just saying that is how a lot of people approach it. I personally love vaporwave despite finding it very decadent and disposable.

I'm not trans, although I can go into that mindspace sometimes, enough to feel for trans people. But I am degenerate, yes, if what you mean by that is someone who lives and enjoys living.

Oh, that's okay then! I mean, there's a lot of decadence and disposability in popular music as a whole, those are interesting features.

Evolution doesnt mean getting better, brainlet

it does actually

Evolution is always a response to circumstances. We're becoming something that can survive and prosper in a radically changing society. I mean, the singularity shit isn't a meme, we think differently than we used to, not that long ago.

Isn't Oneotrix Point Never a FtM?

The thing I'm curious about is why there seem to be no gay people making vaporwave. The only one I can think of is $waggot

Source?

I think you're giving people way too much philosophical credit. The driving forces behind internet culture spread are demographics and exposure, not mutual philosophical agreement. I think trans people occupy a disproportionate size of the internet population because the internet is degenerate and they are too so its a perfect match

You're on the internet now. You were produced by the internet. You browsed identities and decided to be a crusty conservative. You left comments on William F. Buckley YouTube videos. You subscribed to Roger Scruton's mailing list.

Then you went back to masturbating to animated depictions of hermaphrodite sodomy.

You want sin's fingers up your ass. Weakling! Breathe in the air in your room. What does it smell like? Do you imagine you could ever have a normal sexuality? The internet is inside you, perpetually fucking your identity, changing it.

When vektroid and internet club first started out they weren't trannies. Internet club was a degenerate funny though and since then trannies have appropriated vaporwave culture for themselves.

>this is the music of the alt-right
kek

I know some of these people and they pretty much came from similar internet cultures. A lot of them are also past Sup Forumstants. So what I'm trying to say here is that 90% of you will be trans by time your Sup Forums phase is up.

I swear the far left have a much stronger monopoly on vaporwave than the alt-right do

I wouldn't say vaporwave lowers testosterone but I would say it certainly doesn't have any associations with masculinity, like rap or metal. It makes sense that people who have such low T that they are mentally ill would be attracted to it.

All of the right wing attempts at vaporwave suck fucking dick or are so average and derivative that they don't stick out to anyone who isn't already interested in their music. They have to piggy back off of music largely innovated by a bunch of lefties and trannies and it's honestly hilarious.

welp, I didn't know that.

*deletes floral shoppe*
*runs BleachBit*

tame impala
youtube.com/watch?v=hefh9dFnChY
moth the flame
youtube.com/watch?v=rtUYko_t8go

identity politics are a bitch aren't they

This

>he can't separate art from the artist

Music is going to be entirely dominated by LGBT people by the end of the 10s but its not like thats any different from every other time period in history.

Are they tryna be the anime girl or what

Aren't we all?

that's pretty interesting user. I never saw vaporwave being a tranny hugbox, but from your experiences do you see it that way?

wrong

khoven is ugly and is also a dumb, shitty person

cis people ruined vaporwave when they found it in 2014, it was great before that.
I mean, I make vw and I'm trans 2, so I guess ur theorem holds up.

Telepath is an HKE alias

2814 is one dude pretending to be two different people

I find it funny that all trans people are ugly regardless of what gender they are.
>I'm ugly as a dude, maybe I'll be an attractive woman!
>nope.