If you think about it, this movie really should be called "Back to the Past". Marty goes backwards in time, not forward...

If you think about it, this movie really should be called "Back to the Past". Marty goes backwards in time, not forward. How did no one notice this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6nqXxfoJAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The last line of the movie is Doc Brown saying that they have to go back to where he just was, the year 2015, which,at the time of the movie's release, was the future. The oxymoronic nature of the name is attention grabbing and does actually make sense.

Sometimes I wish for another movie but then I remember how shitty installments 20 years after their prime go.

nah

The entire conflict of the movie is Marty attempting to get back to his time after getting stuck in the past. From the perspective of the people in the 1950s, the 1980s were the future, and Marty was trying to get back to them.

Of course I noticed.
But "Back to the Past" feels like a nostalgic movie for old men, so I didn't pursue it.

No, you stupid fuck. Obviously, Marty came from the future to go the past, meaning when they were in the past, they were trying to go the future, or back to it because that's where they came from. Perhaps you might say "Back to the Present" might be more appropriate, but that sounds worse, and from Marty's perspective when he goes to the past, that is the present, so he's trying to go to the future which he came from.

Really this movie should have been called "There and Back Again" by Bilbo Baggins

If they had only named it Spaceman From Pluto, they could have avoided all this!

>Marty goes missing and his daughter has to get help from doc brown to solve the clues and change the past to save the future

I don't know what Zemeckis's problem was. Spaceman From Pluto is a great title that makes perfect sense in the context of the film.

"Make Marty's family great again" instead of

:a hobbit tale
t. bilbo baggins

I love how Doc comments on seeing himself from 1985 how he looks so old even though he looks almost exactly the same.

Yeah, when I was a kid I had no idea what the fuck he was doing when he removed the old makeup in BTTF2 because he didn't look any different.

the whole point of the first one was him accidentally sending himself back to 1955 and then trying to get back to 1985

it should be called back to the present

> "All we have to do is triangulate on his body which shouldn't be moving too mu–"

you could just play the telltale adventure game, it's alright

I already addressed that here

don't care x

Consider the following.

The IDW comics coming out at the moment are pretty good even if they are a bit member berries.

Left is the timeline where she married Crispin Glover

THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE MOVIE WAS TO BRING MARTY BACK TO THE FUTURE. THE FUTURE WAS RELATIVE TO DOC. WHO SAID THE FUCKING LINE.

But he's trying to get back to 1985, which is the future to 1955 Doc Brown, who is the one who says the line.

t. Means regards, learn to meme faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=_6nqXxfoJAU

The title was good, though a bit cheesy. The problem was that whoever suggested it also wanted them to say Spaceman from Pluto every second line.

They travel into the past and they get stuck there. So Doc Brown has to come up with a way to go back to the time from which they came, which according to their current reference point (1955) is the future. Relativity.

can't tell if you're trolling or what but you're a faggot in any case

Hnnnnng

>tfw reverse image search fail

How can he go "back to the past" when he was never in that time before? A person can't go "back" to something if they've never been there before in the first place.

Title should be "To the Past" because Marty goes to the past. Then the sequel should be "Back to the Past" because Marty actually goes back to the past in that one (because he'd been there before; he's revisiting).

low b8