What went so, so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pizza worked on S01 for 5 years.
HBO gave him 6 months.

Also the loss of Cary.

The other thing is The Matrix effect.
He used up all his good ideas in the first part and then had to cobble together more shit to follow it up.

I just marathoned the first season in a night, and was blown away. Should I not watch season 2? Will it ruin it for me?

Four mains. Simple as that. It is impossible to juggle that number in such a small amount of time for production.

Woman detective

Nothing in concept. It's was an intentional departure from the structure of the first season. It's supposed to be byzantine. The reason I think it wasn't executed as well as it could be was the departure of Cary Joji Fukunaga, who by all accounts kept Pizzolatto in check. Overall I enjoyed the second season for what it was, instead of comparing it against the first season. It's supposed to be different.

might as well make a different show

They did; it's an anthology.

I think the overall mood being completely undefined was a real killer. In S1, the southern gothic aesthetic was so palpable that the setting became just as much a character as Rust or Marty. In S2, it was like 'oh here's some faux Michael Mann / The Long Goodbye bullshit you've seen before, you'll get the gist'.

Pizzaman painstakingly plagiarized virtually every interesting piece of dialogue and plot element in the first season. When he had to come up with his own ideas for the second season, he couldn't do it.

Its really not. There are zero overarching themes beyond the surface level.

>Cary Joji Fukunaga, who by all accounts kept Pizzolatto in check.

What the fuck does this even meme?

>they had at least one normie in season1 - Woodie
>there was nice parallel storytelling with now and back in the 90s
>Louisiana special vibe of in the middle of nowhere
This vs
>four main characters, all of them are miserable and edgy
>no one of main characters is really into investigation
>mystery is much weaker
All actors played well, but the script was shit. Gaycop's death was stupid, ending was shit here, cannot compete with that wheelchair night scene. Fuck Pizza, fuck those producers who cancelled the show. Fuck Sup Forums for praising shit.

t. pleb
Season 2 was better

>DID THEY SHIT IN THEM?
The only good scene.

Don't. Yes.

No it had its moments, but just moments.

Thank you

S1 is piece of shit sith pseudo-hilistic fedora main character

Also S1 was a passion project because Pizza grew up in Louisiana. Having to switch settings added to the alienating qualities of S2

le gritty realistic grimderp meme

Well, basically it is easy to see what the thought process of the producers was like:
>go on popular websites like Reddit and analyze what the people liked the most
>those plebs were mostly fascinated by the fucked-up-ness of the two main characters
>also the love/hate relationship between them
>and the plot twist at the end
>then they go and litterally double those elements in S2
>four fucked up main charcters
>more conflicts between them
>long build up of a pseudo complex plot to have a twist within a twist at the end.
>Voila, here is your S2, fans (eat shit)

a good season following a much much better season, might as well have been a different show

This. Its bad in comparison but season 2 was still acceptable on its own

i'm ALCOHOLIC and DEPRESSED and VIOLENT

Hi Colin

youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw

Reddit fedora lords loved Rustin too much pizza tried to amp up the euphoric dialogue and ended up just making things fucked, it's still a good watch but hardly deserves to be an entire season

>oh here's some faux Michael Mann / The Long Goodbye bullshit you've seen before, you'll get the gist'
This

what was already mentioned in one of the threads before: S2 has 4 Rusts instead of one. The 4 main characters all talk the same and feel the same.

>boring setting
>4 main characters have almost no chemistry in their acting
>vince and taylor are really bad actors for this kind of show
>overarching plot of the season made very little sense and had a million contrived plot twists
>central mystery was incredibly weak and not very compelling
>main villain is probably the worst character this show has tried to throw at us

thats funny, I cant even remember who the main villain was in season 2

>Season 1 was plagiarised
>Had a strong director throughout who understood tone and mood
>Academy award winning actors in it
>Dem D'addarios
>Was good

>Season 2 was an OC DONUT STEEL
>Different directors including the Fast and Furious guy
>Shit cast
>Barely any nudity
>Was shit

Wow, I WONDER WHY.

Fuck that movie was so fucking bad.

what the fuck

>there will never be anything as comfy as the sunday night threads during season 1 again

The Yellow King

the setting and marty and rust's dynamic/relationship set season 1 apart, nothing comes close in 2

that was season 1

never get old