I drink till I black out, half the time the only memory I have is when I either throw up or piss myself

I drink till I black out, half the time the only memory I have is when I either throw up or piss myself.
I've been doing this every night for about 7 months and my tolerance has got so high I drink about two bottles of cheap whiskey.

yea.. you should stop slowly killing yourself

I drink to forget but I always remember

Why?

Yeah, there are faster ways.

get a big book if you want to quit but don't want ot go to meetings, decently insightful read even if you like to defend your problem like me

otherwise i'll see ya at the bar m8

A friend of my dad drank a bottle of liquor, (like 30% alcohol or so) after that he drove here and they went to drink.

I only drink with friends cause I get depressed by myself

At least document your slow decline and death. Maybe your purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

Your dad and his friend are both retarded and deserve to crash their car

It's funny cause I don't really got a problem with how much I drink but my friends and family have started mentioning things like AA and Rehab. See yah in rehab lol

nah my dad would never drink and drive.

Got into this pattern myself last winter, came out the other side, looking back it's crazy how little I cared about fucking off everything in my life for a bottle of whiskey or more a day. Not sure what to suggest, it was pretty fucking hard adjusting to even the idea of not getting hammered every day and actually living sober. Can drink socially again now. I think what made it hard initially was telling myself I could never drink again - made it feel like I was losing a big part of myself, just my 2cents but maybe avoid such absolutism and work on cutting it down gradually and trying really hard to find other things to fill the hole in your time/ life you're going to be left with if you start drinking less

Just realized my drinking os outa control too. Last thing i remember from last night was leaving the bar at 1 am to go home. Wake up at 4am in a grills bed ive never seen before in a puddle of my own piss naked.

Good idea and then I'll kill myself

yeah well i went there and learned something really novel, believe it or not, most people can drink reasonably and moderately, maybe once a week, without having to drink til they blackout

interesting, no?

I kill a 5th of 93 proof run a night i am with you brother

But he got in a car with someone who does?

in the same boat, drank a bottle of brandy lasnight and blacked out now im sick and i have the worst shakes.. will probably just chill with beer tonight also, no strong stuff for a day i guess.

no he didnt drive my dad around while drunk, all i said was he drove to our house after drinking and the main point was that the guy was so fucking huge he didnt even feel the alcohol before they got to a bar.

Still a bad Idea

Once I start I can't stop, I woke up at 3am this morning in my own piss on my friends couch. I took about 4 shots of Yukon and went back to bed in my own urine.

what is a bad idea? him driving after drinking? yes i would agree.
after all that dont you think its a bit silly to say that my dad deserves to be in a car accident?

Have fun being on dialysis edgelord

I almost smoke like two packs a day
I should just an hero

It's silly yeah but have you been on /b before? This place is basically a festering pool of hate.

This

I like drinking. Can't handle distilled alcohol, though. Never pissed myself. Haven't barfed in many years. If I drink, I can sleep for a bit and postpone nightmares.

oh i have, been here since 2006 or 2007 cant remember.

even if you were trolling i like pointing out when trolls are being stupid, yeah i might be feeding some trolls but i dont see that as a bad thing, i enjoy it.
I look at it like an old man is throwing pieces of bread into a pond for ducks to eat, bot the old man and the ducks enjoy it.

i try not to be too pushy with the AA and rehab shit but i did a bit for two years on probation after being arrested ~3 times for drugs. they seem to be really nice people at heart, with good intentions. now i have my own opinions about the efficacy of 12-step based programs and such, but my two years was enough to show me that there are doors waiting to be opened at an AA meeting and it can help you if u really want to

i just smoke weed now (they would say it's anyday until im back to the same old ways) and i seem to be evening out and getting straight. it's all awfully personal though so just live your life, if you really do have a more permanent problem, you'll know and if u want to quit then good on u

Man never been destroyed so hard. Well played user. And fair fair, I like to troll sometimes but then again don't we all? But hey you do you

Alcoholic here. 34 years old. Drank almost every day since I was 22 or so. You sound young as hell.

2 things:

1- Most importantly: deal with the thing you are avoiding with booze. You can't escape it that way unless you feel like dying is a valid choice. In which case, you're being dramatic and it's time to grow up.

2- If you are going to drink you have to figure out a way to do so in a more balanced, reasonable way. Measuring intake, tapering off if you end up on too much of a bender (i.e. 7 months of blacking out). You'll still die young, but you'll function in the meantime in terms of society, career, family, etc. As it stands for you right now, your life is probably a fucking mess.

My advice is to taper off, effective immediately. Figure out how many units of alcohol you have been drinking per day, and reduce that by 20% every day until you hit 0%. It's going to feel like your skeleton is trying to leap out through your skin. You will have weird brain ticks and sweat and feel anxiety like crazy. Deal with it.

Then take at least 3 days off and spend that time writing down your thoughts. Whatever is going on with you, this is not the way to deal with it. You can spend your life being an alcoholic due to the vague specter of death or the tragedy of existence lurking in the shadows of your mind because there's not as much urgent desperation involved, but if you are trying to drink to forget about a murder or your SO cheating on you you're going to fuck your life up ASAP.

Good luck OP. I'll lurk here until the thread expires.

I don't even feel like myself when I am sober. Cutting down sounds like hell. What do you do instead of drinking? I got no hobbies besides getting piled.

find a hobby, nerds dont drink much for example, just buy a video game, start playing it and make friends.
You might think of nerds as losers, but i dont think you can judge anybody looking at how miserable you are.

I still drink, but I have it down to a relatively solid science at this point. I use an app called AlcoDroid to track my consumption and taper down when I have to to avoid withdrawal symptoms. I'm taking a 2 month break in February purely for the purpose of letting my liver regenerate.

Also, come on dude, there is no way you are putting away two fifths a night and pissing yourself purely out of boredom. This isn't about killing time on a lazy summer afternoon with a few beers, this is about your furiously trying to disable your brain by force.

You don't have to tell me, but you should ask yourself, genuinely, what the fuck you are running from so hard and so fast. What can't you handle about your sober self? Being honest about what's going on in your head is the only real way to deal with severe addiction.

I used to drink until blackout every single night for maybe 7-8 years. Then I got a girl pregnant and cleaned up my act.
At first it's miserable with the anxiety and sweating and sense of impending doom.
It DOES get so much better tho. Like once I was sober for like 2 weeks I didn't even want to drink anymore and I immediately noticed changes in my physical appearance.
Now I drink maybe once a week and never to blackout, make 60k, contribute to my retirement, and am soon buying a home.
You can do it man, believe me.

My primary issue with drinking is that I've figured it out too well. I drink probably 80 units of alcohol a week, but I also made almost 180k last year. My wife made 140k. I'm constantly praised at my job, where I am clearly respected. My family is proud, I have good friends, a cool dog, an italian motorcycle and a german sportscar...I don't really have any failings to speak of in terms of my "life".

But I'm still gonna die at like 50. Drinking is a shitty crutch, honestly. I'd be living a better life if I'd never have started. Then again, who knows, maybe all my success is just overcompensating for the fact that I'm a drunk and I don't want to feel like a piece of shit. Maybe I'd be a NEET if I was sober.

Who knows. Booze is a cunt to kick though, that's for sure.

I guess I never saw how far in I was getting to this pit man

Yeah well I'm not making a third of what you make
Tell me how expensive whiskey taste

What does your wife say to this? Man if I was your wife I'd probably be long gone man

I ain't married, had a string of girlfriends and man they do not last long. Drinking a the reason they all ditched me