In modern American football, the quarterback is usually the leader of the offense...

In modern American football, the quarterback is usually the leader of the offense. The quarterback touches the ball on almost every offensive play, and his successes and failures can have a significant impact on the fortunes of his team. Accordingly, the quarterback is among the most glorified and scrutinized positions in team sports.[1] Prior to each play, the quarterback will usually tell the rest of his team which play the team will run. After the team is lined up, the center will pass the ball back to the quarterback (a process called the snap). Usually on a running play, the quarterback will then hand or pitch the ball backwards to a half back or full back. On a passing play, the quarterback is almost always the player responsible for trying to throw the ball downfield to an eligible receiver downfield.[2] Additionally, the quarterback will often run with the ball himself, which could be part of a designed play like the option run[3] or quarterback sneak,[4] or it could be an impromptu effort to avoid being sacked by the defense.[5]

>their sport is literally "heroball, the game"

Other urls found in this thread:

nfhs.org/ParticipationStatics/PDF/2014-15_Participation_Survey_Results.pdf
nfhs.org/ParticipationStatics/PDF/Participation Survey History Book.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jean pierre, did you discover today that handegg is not a proper sport? We all know about it, but keeps burger away from football threads

No, I was on Sup Forums, since november 9th 2016. Now I'm back.

It's a bash American sports thread? Yes please. Let me tell you about cricket.

Americans will never understand the depth of knowledge that goes into cricket. For example, in cricket a seasoned veteran can look at the colour of the pitch and get a good idea about how the game will play out, which bowlers will perform best, which batsmen will struggle and on which time of day wickets will fall.
I havent even gotten started on tactics. In baseball the tactics consist of, "let's hit the ball hard lmao." The Pitchers tactic is "Ayyyy let's through the ball fast". Just put three fielders on the designated fielder positions, have so comically dressed dude to act as wicket keeper and fuck it senpai just scatterthe rest in the designated 90 degree hitting wedge to which the batsman is limited. Field placments do not mater at all because the batsmen is forced, by the rules of the game, to hit it at the fielders.

Want to use the pace of the ball to angle a finely placed glance? lol fuck off you have to whack it in the designated hitting wedge faggot. Want to play a defensive stroke to keep out a good ball? Too bad dickhead you can't choose to do that just whallop it you goof! There is absolutely no vairiety in the game, no situational decision making required of the batsmen and no aspect of sustained mental fortitude.

All the nuances of the gentleman's game will never be understood by "lowest common demoninator" baseball fags who are more interested in how many toppings they can fit on their hotdogs, or how many roids they can put in their mexicans, than anything to do with their game. Baseball has about as much subtlety as american music, that is to say none at all

Americans are fat and stupid

This board is Euroboard now. We own the place. All other topics than association football will be shitposted.

>run around aimlessly for 90 minutes
>game ends 0-0

Ah yes. The great sport of soccer.

If dirt kids weren't able to play it using some flaming trash cans as goal posts and a really well shaped rock as a ball, no one outside yurosissies would care about it.

A sport for kids and women.

your soccer team and my soccer team, tomorrow 9am, at the stadium. We'll see after 90 minutes if it's still a sport "for kids and women".

What's wrong with one guy being the hero. It's funner to discuss QBs than anything. Everyone else is just supporting the heroes.

The QB is nothing without the players in front and around him

Chelsea is playing though

PLEASE WATCH OUR SPORT BIG STRONG FOREIGNER

even our soccer players (the lowest on the toughness hierarchy in america) are tougher than your fag frog white flag algerian team

2bh I like you, my overseas cousins and greatest allies, but
>team USA
>0 (zero) World Cups.

why don't they pay the frontliners just as much as the qb, then?

>implying Sup Forums isn't controlled by whoever is up

>5th most popular sport
>our men prefer to play 4 other sports before soccer
>MLS is a joke, most don't want to go to overseas to play

nfhs.org/ParticipationStatics/PDF/2014-15_Participation_Survey_Results.pdf

your guys play equally association football than your main sports (besides handegg)

Also you'll check the irresistible growth of football in your country
nfhs.org/ParticipationStatics/PDF/Participation Survey History Book.pdf

Because there's 5 of them and we have a salary cap

That still shows that boys prefer to play three other sports ahead of soccer. Baseball, Basketball and Football are are all more popular than soccer. American Football has twice the number of male participants that Soccer has. Not exactly a convincing argument Pierre.

ikr, I don't say soccer trumps any of genuine original American sports, but stop saying soccer is irrelevant, it's almost as big as baseball now.
Becoming a pro for a young American soccer player is now feasible, American youth can see a career as pro soccer player as sustainable and profitable, when it was difficult or impossible 10 years ago (not mentioning 20 or 30 years ago)
Because MLS made it possible, euro youth academies made it possible, and US colleges reformed themselves (seeing that the NFL/NBA/MLB draft system wasn't adapted to US soccer)

But that's not true.

Left Tackles, the 'frontliner' that protects the quarterbacks blind side, is typically one of the highest paid players on the team. If he is good.

Most of the time offensive linemen are not offered huge contracts because while they're job is important about 95% of them perform the job satisfactory, 4% perform to a point where they are considered 'good', and 1% of them are great players.

It's an easy job to perform, but also an easy job to fuck up. Which typically means that their is ALWAYS someone right that can perform the typical offensive lineman's job just as good as him, if not a bit better. The climate for quarterbacks is MUCH different than for linemen.

tl;dr linemen aren't paid as much because there is a thousand of them, and rarely do any of them excel, but just perform satisfactory.

I guess you're right about most of that but soccer still isn't relevant to the American mainstream. It's becoming more and more relevant in certain niche areas of the population but it hasn't latched on to the mainstream. Maybe in the next 10-20 years but for now no. To most Americans it's still mostly irrelevant.

Please stop making handegg thread France, i already filter Amerishart flag so i don't see handegg again in catalog