How the FUCK do I stop drinking? I legit don't think I can stop. I can't control myself...

how the FUCK do I stop drinking? I legit don't think I can stop. I can't control myself. even if I have no money I'll go steal it from the store.

how the fuck do I stop??

Nigga just close your mouth like wtf

not really that easy

I mean you could go to AA meetings instead and try to just replace it with good habits.
I never went to AA but my mom did and she was a pretty bad alcoholic, it helped her.

I dont understand how you get addicted to alcohol.
>tastes like shit
>expensive as shit
>makes you feel like shit

Why not just smoke some weed you freak

Substitute with weed. Go to AA like above user said.
Get a hobby. Learn the piano. Carve pieces of wood into shapes.

Just ween yourself off alcohol. Don't wanna have a seizure.

I've tried this, but around here every AA meeting I went to was full of old people and they basically made fun of me... I felt out of place and humiliated so I just went back to drinking

I've already been admited to the hospital from alcohol withdrawls. They only care about treating the problem and getting you the fuck out

They do it because it's the cool thing to do, so they force themselves. Then they get addicted. Also, from what I've heard, stuff like loco's don't taste that bad. Weed master race. Tastes and smells good, makes you feel great. As long as you don't use it to solve your problems and run away from shit, and just to chill, it's fine.
What do you mean they made fun of you? Around here they'd never do that.

Lol just kill yourself boom problem solved

Ibogaine.

We're all gonna be dead very very soon anyway

Yeah man, be careful. Alcohol is a neurological depressant. The seizure threshold is lowered a lot.
Withdrawals are going to be uncomfortable. You have to stick through them.

But I really could not suggest anything better than smoking cannabis. I know it's not good for you, per se, but it saved my life from xanax addiction.

I went to a meeting, it was a circle of chairs.. when it was my turn to tell my story, I told it.. they basically laughed at me.. when the 'leader' came to talk at the end, he started saying something about people making a joke out of this while looking at me the whole time, even though I was honest in what I said.. I've never felt so alone man.. I feel like there's nothing for me out there.

>It's simple, we kill the-
I mean
> rehab

I could get a 1.75ml of vodka for 8 dollars at my local shop, when I got a weed connect I started buying it and I still have the same jug of vodka from a couple weeks ago sitting in my room, usually it would be gone in a couple days.

What was your story?

I really don't like weed.. like at all.. I get so anxious when I smoke it.. I really don't like it

Well instead of drinking you colud just do other thing like murdering

Thats because you're a faggot

He drinks a six pack every weekend and two vodka shooters on wednesday.

He is a "drinker"

Alcohol tolerance is similar to weed.
First time you smoked a lot, you get paranoid/anxious.
Well, the first time I drank a lot, I threw up and had a massive hangover. But then, I gained a tolerance, and it wasn't so bad.

Same thing with weed. Smoke it, get used to it, and the anxiety fades away. It's worth it man. SO much better than alcohol for the body.

well, I won't go as deep as I went into it as when I did at that group but basically I was a virgin.. (22 y/o) and felt like I needed to just keep going to partys to meet girls my age (stupid) once I lost virginity I still didn't feel complete.. I just kept drinking. drinking made me feel good, made me not care.. I finally felt 'okay' with alcohol.

there's a lot more to it but I really don't want to get into it right now. my eyes are honestly teary

yeah try again.. I drink about 5 40oz a day

Its pretty easy man
>cheaper then weed
>actually solves all your life problems unlike weed
>makes you cool, unlike weed

Just becouse you go bad becouse you drank to mutch, doesn't mean you were going paranoid.

You can't go paranoid either from weed.

You can go paranoid from hard drugs like lsd.
A friend of mine was litterly talking to he's dead 'grandma' and the next day he was still 'paranoid' about he's expierence.

There is a BIG fcking difference between going a little bad, or going real bad and paranoia.

Going bad is real. paranoia is not.

Alright dude,here’s my honest. It’s fucking tough, I was a bad drunk for ~6 Years, drug addict too. Most of us don’t make it, you have to want sobriety more than anything. If you’re as bad as you sound, go to an inpatient. If you don’t have insurance look for any public programs, state funds as possible. You have to change your whole way of thinking, cuz your fucked up wino brain is the reason you drink so much in the first place. When you get out of detox or rehab, go to all the meetings in your area and get involved. Don’t have opinions or expectations and just do it, you’ll find your place. Get hobbies, find yourself, and keep an open mind. If you can get a month in you’ll have a decent shot.

t. recovering drunk/junkie, 7 months sober

>only cheaper if you get shit
>actually makes your problems worse more than weed
>makes you a degenerate, unlike weed

Fool, I'd rather be addicted to weed than alcohol.
Being an alcoholic doesn't "make you cool." It means you have a serious problem and a physical dependency.

Alcohol withdraws will kill you. Weed withdraws make you a little angry from time to time.

well, all my friends smoked weed, so I did too.. but that anxiety never faded away...it always made me so anxious. so I stopped.

Oh yes passing out in a pile of puke solves lots of problems. Sounds like you just cant find a hookup ;^)

Yea that's fucked up, they shouldn't have made fun of you for that, it's a serious problem. The one my mom went to was around Philly(not gonna go into specifics) and even though some people wouldn't like you or how much you talk, what you talk about etc, they would never make fun of your story.

Also what the fuck is this shit

You were probably smoking a sativa strain.Try an indica strain and you will feel more body relaxing high.

I cut down to a few beers on weekends purely by going out and taking up hobbies.... You have to literally force yourself because at first your brain will do anything it can to carry on routine, deep down that is what you think you want, even if you deny it. Make yourself do something out of the ordinary you think you really don't want too, you will gain new perspective at least... worked for me anyway

I've heard lots of people describe feeling self conscious and paranoid while high on weed.
What do you mean by going "bad?" Where are you from?

I want this so bad, I can't make it to any meetings though.. I'm almost in the middle of nowhere with no meetings around me

only drinking more can stop you from just drinking, once you go you can never not just be drink.

It could be that but some people really just have a bad time with weed naturally. I agree trying an indica strain would be smart but if it still doesn't work it's probably just natural.

exactly.. I'm fucking embarassed when I have to admit it.. I only want to be fucking normal...

Coming up on 4 months sober from alcohol... I dont miss it at all. I was as bad of a drunk that you can be..... Kratom, ftw.

Clearly your new to marijuana son.
Alcohol saves new born children.

Don’t quit cold turkey. Taper down slowly. It’s a process.

everyone gets self conscious and paranoid on weed. you only stop feeling like that when you feel comfortable with the people your with and have been doing it with them for a while. good times.

Where is the middle of nowhere? I do feel you though, people in rural or Midwest areas have shit options. Do have the resources to relocate? Or the desperation. Plenty of people come to where I am specifically to get help

I've tried plenty of strains.. even ordered my own seeds off the internet and grew them back in the (08 days) to try it out.. weed just isn't for me

This. Former drug addict here, sober from meth for seven months.

>I was joking :D
>Iv smoked bud everyday for the last 12 years
>Re-visits site after 2 years
>where are all the cool peoples?

I like this idea.. thank you. I'll try it

Congrats dude, stick with it

try some other drugs

I'm in north carolina with no car..

No problem, genuine advice.

Just stop. I used to shoot up heroin and smoke crack every day for nearly a year. One day I just stopped and braved through the withdrawals. Took weeks for me to not be miserable. Every minute was an eternity during the withdrawal period. But I did it. Just do it, when it's over you'll be a better person for it, with some good life experience that you'll carry with you the rest of your life, you can make your alcoholism into a life experience that benefited from overall.

In other words, stop being a fucking pussy.

You have to want to stop. And then fill up your day. Im busy from 4am until 8pm everyday except sunday which I spend with my grandmother. Been clean for 1 whole year january first 2018. I had been trying to quit and the first 2 years i had a slip every month-4 months. It varied, but this past year i was working and coaching highschool wrestling and volunteering that I didnt even give myself the time to drink.

are you black?

New to weed? Definitely not, user.
I'm not sure where your post was trying to go...

Whew. Get out dude, somehow. Go in for another medical detox and when you get out put your gameface on and find a way into the nearest semi-well populated place, not necessarily a city, for treatment. People in the recovery community will help you stabilize yourself if you show that you want it. Unfortunately I don’t know jack shit about that part of the country, I’m in Oregon and came here from Cali for rehab. Best of luck to ya man, I know how it is

No.

to all those people who say Sup Forums is cancer, I hope they take a look at this thread. these random anons who don't even know me tried to help me with my alcoholism. Sup Forums truly is a force to be recond with. I fucking love you guys.

lies

Kek just drink, who the fuck has fun coaching snot nosed high school punks

are u physically addicted to it?

apart from threads like this everything is pretty much cancer

Are you the guy that made a alcoholic thread a couple weeks back?

But I will say it will be depressing when you realize your "friends" that you used to drink with are really just people you dont even know and I am still not allowed into my mother and fathers house and most of my family and old friends want nothing to do with me. Atleast i have gram and my 3 older brothers or else id be completely alone and thats when its hard to be sober.

ayy the first time i've found another person from this nigger infested state

to everyone who posted ACTUAL advice.. I love you guys. thank you SO much. I didn't think this much positive feedback was even possible on Sup Forums. once again you've proved me wrong. I fucking love you guys.

no. I never really post, only lurk.

I do, im back in shape and I get to basically fight kids, which helps with any anger i feel. I can take it out on the mat, plus they pay me.

This is me

Weed was honestly more of a problem for me than meth was, but meth caught me the felony. Weed was SO much harder to quit than meth.

Covering addictions with other addictions does not work. Sobriety through treatment is straight up the best route. Take it from somebody who's family and friends never expected to recover.

Former addict here.

You have want it. Not on a cognetive level, but an emotional one. Once you do, you'll know it's time.
Before that, enjoy the ride into the abyss user.

I feel this, user. It makes me sad to think that most of our social interactions, at least in the US, completely revolve around drinking.
It's as if people literally can't hang out and talk WITHOUT drinking.
It's such phony bullshit.

it's awful.. I'm in a BAD part of it too.. I hear gunshots literally every night.. I'm afraid to go out at night.

thank you for responding... I don't like weed.. I've done everything I can to stay away from all drugs.. but alcohol just brings me to my knees because it's so easy to get.. I haven't smoked weed in over 3 years (aside from once in jail)

what city u in blooda

When u want to drink, eat or lift weights. If no weights get bags or buckets and fill them with water and attach to some sort of pole, if no pole get a branch. Lift till u don't want to do anything

lol what the fuck is wrong with people
just stop. you really have this little will power?
>oh god somebody help!
>this booze is making me buy it and is forcing me to drink it!
just have some basic back bone

Louisburg.. right next to the courthouse..

There are people out there, you just have to look farther than the bar or parties. I meet the best people when I volunteer, mainly at retirement homes and also hospitals and church orgs. The people there are genuinely good people and for the most part have interesting lives because instead of spending money on drugs or alcohol they can have a hobby or travel.

Fucking this

It's really not that bad if you aren't a total pussy. All I had was my druggy friends as well and when I stopped I was alone. I was homeless for a while but I convinced my parents (who kicked me out) that I'm cleaning up and they believed me, and took me back in. For the longest time I had no one to socialize with at all. Just my parents, and my old gaming friends that I only talk to on the internet, I never told them about what I went through, they wouldn't get it.

So again, like Nike says, just do it. Don't be a pussy. It'll suck for a while but eventually you'll get your shit together. Stop now, go cold turkey. Start working on making improvements to your life and work on bettering yourself. Things will fall into place.

All you have to do is not be a pussy and do what needs to be done.

I thought about posting this on Sup Forums.. I figured all the responses would just be trolls but you know what? I was wrong. You guys are fucking amazing. I fucking LOVE Sup Forums... thank you guys so fucking much.

Lol highschooler posts acting like he has ever been addicted to anything other than video games.

I agree. I used to smoke no problem, really enjoyed it sort of 2001-2010 now the shit here in Europe makes me paranoid and have introspective nightmares, even though by most accounts I am pretty successful and never normally worried about anything at all

LOL GET SCARED NIGGA IMMA NIG NOG ON YOUR LAWN

>t. middle schooler who has never experienced life
I remember a kid I was friends with at your age, he hated drugs and said that people who were on them could stop whenever they wanted. In case you didn't notice, there's scientific research explaining addictions and how they affect your dopamine levels. You get physically addicted, it's not just mental.

Im English and have to travel to NC every month, man I am glad I dont live there - even worse with no car!

I'm not against weed even in the slightest.. it's just not for me

can you explain?

weak-willed motherfuckers.

how bad is the crime over there? i'm in charlotte and i keep a gun on me 24/7

Well good luck and nice trips

whats it like to live in charlotte

there's a shot u can take from ur doctor
u take it every month
my brother told me that it takes away the sensation of being drunk, so there's no reason to drink. but i don't know how it works really

it's awful.. a bank got robbed literally 3 days ago..

>there's scientific research explaining addictions
oh yes ive also been spoon fed this and that about alcohol, drugs, and how a single drag from a join will make me go insane
you are still weak if you can't control your own actions towards something you claim to want
>boohoo im an alcoholic i want to stop
bullshit. if you really wanted to then you would

just to be clear.. I haven't done any drugs other than alcohol since 2016.. (yes I went to jail, for 6 years, but I've changed) I don't want to drink anymore.. I know the road it leads to. I don't want to take that road. I want to end it here.. anyone have any real suggestions?