There are theories out there about how there's been multiple societies before us...

There are theories out there about how there's been multiple societies before us, that get to around our point of advancement, and then we blow each other up or something, and have to restart from scratch. Is it possible that the giant craters left behind by so called "asteroids" are really just impact point from nuclear weapons by previous societies?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe
pubs.geoscienceworld.org/gsa/gsabulletin/article-abstract/118/9-10/1099/125331/combined-paleomagnetic-isotopic-and-stratigraphic?redirectedFrom=fulltext
gnxp.com/WordPress/2017/04/24/the-civilization-before-history/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More of a hypothesis than a theory

yeah, i'm using the wrong words. just wanted to pitch an idea somewhere, and Sup Forums is the largest collection of intellectuals.

Thats something every kid thinks about when their about 14 yrs old

>their

In my Opinion it could be possible. Look at the World now, most advanced Technology known, enough ressources for all (if we wanted to)
still ppl. act like they dont get enough (especially 1st World). We treat life like shit (except our own) and suck it out of the Wolrd for our own "good". Some smart Guy eventually hits the red button to save us all.

There is an ancient shadow organization that use morality and decency to hide their efforts to wipe out civilization using disease.
Societies rise and fall, but they are always there in the shadows making certain that millions die as planned

There have been... the Romans, Egyptians, mayans... civilizations come and go... this is called history numb-nuts

>What is the plot of Mass Effect?

yeah the X-Files movie is pretty good

i mean a human civilization gets to our level of advancement, and then nukes itself. the worls starts over with something like rats or fish as its most complex life form, and evolves into humans slowly, repeating the cycle. lrn2read
never played it.

go black to your sociology class, commie

They show us how nukes work every time we get too close

The Word you are looking for is civilizations not societies. And yes it very possible we have forgotten a big part of our human history. "We are a species with amnesia" as Author Graham Hancock says.
Read: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe

There is no reason to expect that evolution would follow the same path it did before, because evolution is essentially punctuated adaptation to the environment over vast expanses of time. You people are scientifically illiterate to even consider nonsense like this.

The last civilization was 100% traps. That's why this one is so gay.

They did a movie about Christianity?

okay so there used to be a hyper advanced society with technology we can only dream of
they built an impossibly advanced and intelligent AI computer
robots were also prevalent
this computer had the ability to change reality
then the computer decided that it was in the world's best interest if humans were knocked back to their roots, so it flooded the world and scattered the people, ruining their fantastic cities
some of the people went to egypt, mexico, and asia, where they built pyramids based on their knowledge.
also, some of the hyper advanced robots survived and went with them, and these robots were worshipped as gods because they were much more powerful than people. Also the robots needs precious metals to repair themselves and build more of themselves, and that is why humans are obsessed with finding ore, and we try to wear it ourselves to mimick the robots

play the first game, its really really great
the other two suck, dont play them

If "blow up each other up" is nukes, then no. Radiation would stay forever.

solid argument, go play with your guns and feel free and privileged

>largest collection of intellectuals
sure we are

no man, no. Giant craters left behind by "asteroids" are actually giant craters left behind by meteorites. You guys really need to read some science and history books and stay the f away from youtube for a while

Occam's razor says that we should prefer a simpler hypothesis whenever possible. We've seen space rocks hit shit all the time, but we've never run into solid evidence of a precursor society.

this thread is cancer.

There's no evidence to support it.

theres no evidence for any prior societies advancing to the nuclear age, it would show in the geological record for one.

not really. look at the half-life-values of radioactive isotopes that are being used in nuclear weaponry. i think a nuclear holocaust would imply making the earth (or big parts of it) uninhabitable for multiple millions of years. something we'd be able to tell through archaeological means, for example.
maybe i'm talking out of my ass and it would only take a couple of thousand of years but if i payed attention in physics and am not mistaken... yeah, we'd be looking at a really long-lasting nuclear pollution-problem.

go back to /x/, OP

no

That sounds absolutely fucking retarded. That's like a 9 y/o telling me that dbz might have been an actually thing that happened 6000 years ago.

They would be highly radioactive..unless it was a million years ago..
Idk.
Very nice theory though.

No
Do you even geology, Sup Forumsro? One of the most remarkable things we've put into the geologic record in the past 100 years is all of the nuke-related isotopes from nuclear testing (mostly in the 50's and 60's)

No. Why would there be fossils of meat and bone dinosaurs, but not giant concrete/steel buildings fucked over with radiation? And there isn't that many craters out there big enough to encompass whole cities, there would be bits left over. And again, radiation m8, isotopes don't like to go way easy. We'd see literal radioactive glass in giant layers all over the world.

You are high aren't you?

isnt that the whole premise of star wars

We possibly know arround 5% of Knowledge
still we act like we know all.
Predicting Predicting

This is impressively stupid

There's so many you can believe which ever franchise you wish.

Are you trying to say we know very little or that the potential knowledge in the universe is beyond comprehension?

both+unlimited possibilities
also what we believe is "true" means nothing
its just a consens of stupids

Not the OP but you guys are being pretty narrow-minded. There are lots of ways to wipe out a civilization doesn't have to be a nuke. It could also have occurred a billion years ago which takes the geologic record out of it

>We possibly know arround 5% of Knowledge
>arround, lol
>5%
>of all knowledge
Nigger, you serious?

It's highly unlikely that a nuclear weapon crater would be mistaken for an asteroid impact crater.
First off, the most effective use of a nuclear weapon is an airburst, because of the precursor wave. You get a lot of ground-level shear but it doesn't make a crater like you're thinking of. Ground level or underground detonations can create craters that look like asteroid craters at first glance but they actually have different characteristcs. Nuclear craters are formed by a blast pushing everything out of the way, much like the outer parts of an asteroid crater, but asteroid craters will also have formations at the center caused by a massive object being embedded into the ground.

Then there's the fact that the largest nuclear craters are only about the size of small to medium asteroid craters. Really, really large nuclear blasts like Tsar Bomba don't come anywhere near producing a crater like the one we think killed the dinosaurs. There's a point of diminishing return with nuclear weapons where further increase in power is just lost in the upper layers of the atmosphere and not applied to the ground effect area. Craters like chicxulub could only be made by a massive object, not an explosion.

That said, the idea of a previous human civilization isn't outside the realm of possibility. When you think about the modern push for recycling and biodegradability it's entirely possible that a sufficiently advanced civilization might be so eco-friendly that they won't leave any evidence behind. Not to mention things like glacial drift shearing off everything on the surface and eventually depositing it on the bottom of the ocean floor.

yup and with "we" i dont mean "you"

>making the earth (or big parts of it) uninhabitable for multiple millions of years
This is patently false.

I remember reading this on the intro of a WOW comic almost a decade ago. Guess it was meant for nerds to feel better about their delusional fantasies.

I don’t think the Lich King had the kind of power to make craters like you’re talking about. He spread disease and zombies.

Sephiroth could do it.

Op said nothing about previous advanced societies looking like humans merely acting as they do with their knack for destruction.

Op, check out some books in the thousand worlds series by George r r Martin. They discuss your hypothesis and give examples of fictional cultures that came about that exact way. A few on the topic that I can think of off the top of my head are; the way of cross and dragon, in the house of the worm, and this tower of ashes.
Sand kings is another good one but it's less about the destruction which leads to a society rebuilding and more about small tribal societies that quickly advance through war and power struggle to eventually overcome those who would seek to control them for amusement.

Op the only truth you are looking for is that this planet is a prison and about 30 families not individuals, are the wardens.

You read it on Sup Forums.

Literally, a prison.

This thread is more interesting than half of the other threads up rn.

Underrated post

You guys would like this book.

Basically it involves very advanced people living in Antarctica before the poles shift and the earth's uneven wobble caused what we now know as the frozen poles to move into their present position.

Survivors left and spread civilization. They were advanced, but in the same way we are.

This accounts for all the ancient flood myths from south america to egypt, to north america. All the tales of quetzalcoatl showing up in a boat and spreading civilization after the flood, Thoth of egypt doing the same, india and combodia etc. The only real way to let the future generations know how advanced we were was to build monuments that time the preccessional clock, and math prinicples which would be rediscovered (which we have) Pyramids in both south america and the great pyramid have pie very obviously encoded to them you can do the math if you look up the measurements. They also have the dimensions of the earth's hemisphere in them to a scarily accurate degree.

humans as we are now existed for 100,000 years according to fossils, the great processional cycle the stars follow is is about 26,000 years. This coincides nicely with conventional knowledge of ice ages and human fossil records.

are we sent here because our higher selves/souls committed some crime, or because we wanted to be here?

This shit is deep.

Reading this book right now.

Purgatory

A widely debunked piece of horse shit.

[citation needed]

Yeah, that should be your reaction to the fucking book. He just takes a gap in knowledge and makes ridiculous claims. He isn't any better than the average priest.

The earth is only like 3.6billion years old or something. There are dated trilobite fossils and shit

Sorry meant to say they were advanced, but NOT in the same way we are. I don't think they had things like binary and computers, but probably something equally as useful based on something completely different.

Some other tidbits.

Einstein talked about how earth's rotation is uneven, and ice caps make it wobble gradually more, this could be what caused the flash freezing of all the mammoth, fruit trees, and other animals up north since its odd they all froze at one time. Lots of creation myths talk about how the world turned upside down and suddenly everything froze.

This kind of incoporated all that.

The piri riess map has Antarctica mapped a little too well and he says he got it from a bunch of ancient sources (possibly some of them form the library of alexandria if you trace the travels of civilizations), since we couldn't do it before ground penetrating radar.

This theory also explains the legend of atalntis without any other hokey hippy shit. All the plate techtonics we know of still exists along side this theory btw, the book's approach avoids alot of hippy dippy shit which is hwy I like it.

One of the most impressive things about the pyramids is how accurately aligned they are relative to the north and south poles. If antarctica wasn't located at one of the poles prior to the crust slipping on the mantle (the whole Book Of Thoth thing) and the pyramids were constructed by this pre-Thoth civilization, that would require an absurd coincidence that the pole shift just happened to align the earth with the pyramids instead of the other way around.

its alot of fun and explains alot of very strange occurrences in one elegant not magical swoop.
Pole shifting and processional cycles are real things. The pyramid does actually have the earth's measurements corrected for atmospheric observation. It is more accurate to the compass than the greenwhich observatory, somehow.

There has to be some reason to write things down so carefully and exactly the same across all continents.

They were supposedly built after the world ended, flooded, and the "gods" arrived. so the poles would be where they are now, kind of as a sign of new civilization, like a big ass marker. I get what you're saying if they were built before the shift.

You're right, that book DOES need about 100 citations that it's coincidentally missing.

EVERY serious anthropologist considers it a collection of wild claims which are supported with a lot of finger pointing and eyebrow wagging. It's a book of circumstantial guesses.

>explains the legend of atalntis
It's South America. The Atl- syllable which is the root of Atlas, Atlantic, and Atlantis is nowhere to be found in any european language outside of those words.
BUT it's all over the Aztec and Mayan languages. Not to mention the huge similarities between Aztec and Greek languages. People thinking Atlantis sank into the ocean probably just didn't know how far away it actually was and assumed it was gone because they turned back before finding it.

The book does have over 50 pages of references

>758646941
I didn't know that, but it makes sense. Did the greek guy just kind of hear about it?

Pole shifting has occurred significantly exactly twice as far as we can tell.

pubs.geoscienceworld.org/gsa/gsabulletin/article-abstract/118/9-10/1099/125331/combined-paleomagnetic-isotopic-and-stratigraphic?redirectedFrom=fulltext

There is no SCIENTIFIC evidence that events other than this have ever taken place.

As for processional cycles (i'm assuming you mean precessional) of course they're a thing. They play a pivotal role in Ice age theory. What's your point?

If there was, they did an incredible job at hiding traces of their existence.
Nice pic though, makes me really miss WotLK

look up the Uruk Culture on GNXP / Razib Khan's site. Preliterate but probably an empire. It fell and then the Sumerian and Akkadian citystates replaced it.
gnxp.com/WordPress/2017/04/24/the-civilization-before-history/

There was clearly interaction at some point, because the Aztec language has a lot of Greek influence (or maybe Greek has a lot of Aztec influence). I'd imagine (purely speculating here) that most people in Greece would have thought that stories about a civilization on the other side of the ocean were bullshit. While the stories didn't get forgotten, they got disbelieved.

The point I guess is that many of myan Ages including 2012 have to do with the great cycle, as do the egyptian ones. The theory is that the erosion on the sphinx is classic water erosion, but the last time they had lots of rain was 10,500 BC, which coincidentally is the age of leo according to precession. The sphinx also lines up at the equinox and at 10500BC is also the most recent time when the pyramid complex layout would mimic orion and its position.

Thats the theory anyway.

history isn't supposed to exist that far back. We evolved 100,000 years ago, I don't think its crazy we started civilizations 12,000 years ago. I doubt we're capable of sitting around very long. thats all.

More fun lost history.

mexicans can't grow beards, why did quetzalcoatl come over on a boat of snakes with some people?

Not sure where you're getting that number. Most sources and research agree that there was significant rainfall as late as 3500 BCE.

?

so its only 500 years older than thought. :(

Sorry bro.
Believe me I would LOVE for there to be some precursor shit going on somewhere. Falling into some cave somewhere and finding some fucking hypercube thing that binds with my cellular structure and makes me a bionic god? That shit would be awesome.
Evidence just doesn't really support it though. No kickass robot jumps for me :(

Kick ass stone work though

Hell yeah it is. Saw some equally impressive ancient masonry when I was in Peru. Stones are cut and fit so well you can't get a piece of paper between them it's nutty