Girl I like says she wants to work on songs together, she doesn't know much about playing an instrument or producing

>girl I like says she wants to work on songs together, she doesn't know much about playing an instrument or producing
>says her goal is to finish a song by the end of the year
>she sends me her lyrics all the time
>send her instrumental ideas that could work with her lyrics
>she doesn't respond

Put it on your blog, faggot.

>want to start musical project with long time friend
>bring my instruments over to his place to get some material written
>every time we meet up we just end up playing covers and showing each other bands we like
>we've been this way for years now

at least you guys are having fun

>doesn't just do a cover album so he can get the attention of a record label and get some writers on board
pleb

sounds comfy dude

have you sent her your dick?

I do this exact same thing with my friend but we've actually released some material
Not yet, would this seal the deal?

That's how it's always been for me, with my drummer friend as a teenager and my guitarist friend more recently.

>goal is to finish a song by the end of the year
are you retarded, how can you think someone takes it seriously when they say that

Can you post some lyrics so we can have som context?

They're mostly just sad love song

>forever put off writing songs
>move out, start uni
>finally get to a point where I can write songs
>neglect university studying

whoops

fpbp, Satan

Same dude

>tfw already started becoming a regular dj @ my uni's radio
>play a mix of normie and obscure stuff
>already making music with a couple lads and a female vocalist who's been playing piano since she was 7
my luck is finally turning around lads

When it's your first song, one song is a good step.

A year to make one song isn't justifiable using any degree of mental gymnastics

You realize there's only like 2 months left of the year, right?

>female vocalist
lol

Do you guys ever jam?

Even 2 months working on one song is insane. This is assuming you do nothing else but that one song for every session for 2 months. The best songs come out immediately and don't need to be ducking fine tuned every day for 2 months. If you're stuck on one song for 1 months you're a terrible songwriter

Songwriting may sometimes be a natural talent, but sometimes it's a developed skill that takes practice. No, no one's a lost cause if it takes them a while to learn to write songs.

It is true that the best stuff comes immediately. Most of the songs I've written were written in a few hours. But what usually happens I'll write a fragment of something, get stuck, forget about it and move on. Then I get to the point where I haven't written a song for a two months. It's not working on a single idea for two months, it's working on different idea over two months and one of those ideas actually gets turned into a song (within a matter of hours). Then again, I don't consider myself all that good of a song writer.

When I write a song (lyrics), it's usually in a nonstop burst, with maybe a couple edits later. I sometimes come up with short lines I think sound good, but I never end up writing anything around them.

>female vocalist
Nice fucking memeband your gonna be in fella

>I sometimes come up with short lines I think sound good, but I never end up writing anything around them.
This is what I usually do.

Post your music

Yeah, it really is best to write a complete song all at once when the inspiration and meaning is all there.

Could you delet this pls?

That's how I know a song is good, once it starts to drag on, you the idea is not worth continuing.

Same

i gotta hit up my universities radio station

I wish I could find someone that wasn't annoying to work with. I just want true unison of talent and effort. I have that with one friend but we make very different genres. Everyone else I've tried working with is too egotistical, lack musical ability, and can handle experimentation. help, someone make idm with me

>idm

disgusting

why

Do you really need more than one person to make IDM? It's electronic music, just play with your computer.

kek i hope thats a real tweet

idk cause i don't like it that much.

i feel your plight though. for me the problem is that i really lack the motivation to sit down and write. i feel like i could come up with some cool stuff if i did though

I don't, but, it's a lot more inspiring and fun to work with another person once in a while. When I make music with a friend I pick up on lot's of new things that can carry over into my own music.

>can make dope sounding beats within minutes
>can't write lyrics to save my life
>sit there for hours just thinking about shit to write about

Any other anons know this feel?

Whenever I have days or weeks of no motivation and inspiration I just try and force myself once a day to try and make something. It doesn't always sound good enough but if you keep coming back you'll get that motivation back and find a song you want to finish.

>constantly writing lyrics
>love to sing
>can come up with melodies and ideas fairly easily
>yet completely illiterate when it comes to music production software
>can't even play an instrument

I've tried the basics of piano and guitar, plus I understand basic theory but it all gets jumbled in my head. It's like I'm musically dyslexic.

i also have crippling stage fright but yearn to perform

Just find yourself a band, be a frontman.

I know that feel

>write lyrics
>can't sing well
>don't like the idea of someone else singing my lyrics
>will never be a singer-songwriter

All too well senpai. Me and my roommate both can make a great beat but when it comes to singing or even rapping, we usually just sit there and can't come up with anything to add. I didn't think making pop would be this hard

We are opposites. Send me an email

[email protected]

how do I pirate Ableton lads

google it

>taking months to make a song

what the fuck lmao. maybe I am do actually have talent. I can pop out like 5 tracks a day with enough effort

Complete instrumental arrangements and everything?

It's possible, but are any of those songs polished good songs? Unless you make a bunch of short patterns and then come back to them and build off of it.

> maybe I am do actually have talent
hmm somehow i doubt it

>LMAO why cant someone brand new to music produce 5 songs a day like me?
wew

Find poetry you like, devour it. Work off it to create what you wanna talk about. The best lyricists are extremely well read.

i was just gonna post this, read more books lads. poetry is fantastic for lyrics.

post two done in the same day

I'm not Kendrick Lamar's biggest fan (in fact I'm not a hip hop fan at all) but his lyrics are generally considered above average for making use of more than just obvious mentions - his songs make deep use of literary references, especially African-American literature. In other genres - Tom Verlaine of Television is a big fan of French Impressionist Poetry and that's reflected in his songs; Morrissey is a known fan of Oscar Wilde and that's reflected in his songs as well - those are just some examples but there are many more.

You'll very rarely find a good lyricist who hasn't read much literature, because of his wide pallete allowing him to draw elements from wherever he wants to translate his ideas into paper, much like great musicians have a wide musical pallete and can draw from several genres to create their own sound, big examples in that case - The Beatles, Madlib. Hell, Death Grips for all they're memed have a distinct sound that comes from their wide musical vocabulary.

Would love a friend to talk about music with, need someone to guide me.