USMNT & MLS

How sadly accurate is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qBFQxqysGaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Another one...

Fucks sake, the state of that neck beard...

I feel the US could be the best fucking country in soccer or football or whatever the fuck you want to call it if we got our inner city negros to fucking learn and play the game.

>Facebook messenger
>MLS

Thats actually a proper beard but yes he does have the same attitude of a neck beard desu

Dafuq does that mean

With the state of how the MLS is growing could you see them cathing up to Euro leagues in 10-15 years?

>a bunch of 6'6 roiders would make great soccer players
doubt

That's the most Fedora looking faggot I've ever seen

This is fucking stupid: all sports require some degree of specialization and what separates the GOATs from the career benchwarmers isn't physical ability but rather ability PLUS skills. Not a fair comparison to transport over elite athletes and presume it'll be plug and play.

Seriously. I see Isiah Thomas as a potential footie player because he's an athletic manlet but I don't see Gronk for example being a good player.

people are stupid

go outside

this

being big, strong and handsome does not make you a good football player. You must have a lot of agility and cat like reflexes plus a brain to anticipate your opponent moves if you want to be elite.

who was the retarded talking with the fat fuck?

I would take any NBA 2 Meters nigga over Michael Bradley.

Bradley is honestly the trashiest player on the last World cup, he is horrible

>This mad that Bradley chose the USA over Hueland

fact: manlets are better at football

>Haha haha
I know typing out haha is the sign of a retard, but this is next level

lmao what a fucking retard
football and basketball dudes would fucking die on the field
how many giganiggas do you see roided as fuck in soccer? none, because they'd die.

Would the US be better at soccer if it was the #1 sport? Absolutely. Would the people dominating the NFL and the NBA be the ones playing? Probably not. What's more likely is the best soccer players in America never played the game after grade school and are living average lives right now not playing any pro sports

I think the idea is they'd be better conditioned and not as muscle heavy if they played soccer. It's not saying you could plug in ODB and LeBron right now and do anything at all

Ok but the skillsets that made LBJ and OBJ the people they are would not translate to football at all. LeBron is good because he's a genetic freak that can bully his way to the rim and developed a shot from life long practice. OBJ is overrated IMO and is literally known for making one handed catches. Nothing they do is concentrated purely on their feet and kicking power.

This isn't accurate. If the United States cared about soccer, if it was our #1 sport, of course we would be much better at it. But men like Lebron James and Rob Gronkowski would not be our star players.

Anybody who thinks that Gronk would be a fullback either doesn't understand soccer or is honestly retarded. Gronk is tailor-made for the NFL. He would do as well in soccer as Messi would do in the NFL.

>LeBron is good because he's a genetic freak that can bully his way to the rim and developed a shot from life long practice.

To be fair, Lebron is also incredibly good when it comes to quick decision-making and finding the right teammate in any situation. But you're right, he's a 6'10", 280-lb guy. He's simply too big to be an effective soccer player.

OBJ was actually a top high school soccer player though, he just chose football because there was more money in it (and of course because it's cooler). He's incredibly agile and fast, his footwork is terrific, he's not that big....if he had been raised in England instead of the US, I think he could have been a very good soccer player. Not a world-class player or anything, but basically a slightly better Lennon or Oxlade-Chamberlain.

I think the point is that the best athletes in the US don't play soccer

The 7 foot freaks from the NBA or 300 pound """athletes""" on an offensive line wouldn't be starters on the USMNT. It would be like what OP suggests.

All of those players that had star soccer potential but chose to play football instead. You here about athletes excelling in other sports as kid but then choosing the more popular/lucrative one.

Think of Kris Humphries who was faster than Michael Phelps as a kid but chose basketball instead. Not saying he would have definitely been better than Phelps but there are may mediocre major sport athletes that would have been great soccer players.

you dont need to be an athletic freak to play soccer

Yeah, but natural athleticism fucking helps quite a bit with anything

>that flag
>this topic
You have to go back

>2084 World Cup
Literally impossible

america doesn't have good coaches, it doesn't matter how 'elite', 'athletic' and 'genetically gifted' your roided-up niggas are or how much you want them to fuck your wives, if soccer is taught by idiots natural talent won't make up for it. All of these elite athletes would suck balls at soccer.

by coaches I mean youth coaches, obviously.

>implying IBM Watson will not turn USA Soccer around

stealth cringe thread

occasional remider that the top 3 football players in the entire history are manlets
>messi: 1.70 m (5'7")
>maradona: 1.66 m (5'5")
>pele: 1.73 m (5'8")

yeah, cause african teams are the juggernauts in the WC
fedora.jpg

>implying that african teams could pay for even .01% of the training and practice facilities that america could

OBJ has incredible game speed and footwork. probably 70% of his touchdowns come from like 5 yard slant routes that he just breaks wide open from the middle of the field

>implying being better in the sport doesn't have anything to do with culture
you can bring tons of negros, still you will never have a pele

>>implying being better in the sport doesn't have anything to do with culture
it doesnt you faggot. at least not here, or else New Yorkers would win NBA MVP every year, southern NFL teams would be a dynasty, and Canada would have won a Stanley Cup in the last 25 years

of course your sports don't have a culture, that is what i was implying

Not very, I doubt those people would be as competitive as they are outside of their chosen sports.

>this subject was a shitpost on Sup Forums once upon a time

So you want the us national team to be full of black Peter crouchs?

>americans
>culture

That isn't true, though.

Í fucking love Crouch, having 11 black crouchs would be an amazing improvement over what we have now.

youtube.com/watch?v=qBFQxqysGaA

Surely you see the irony in that post when your own country has a similar background? Only, you know, your country turned into a dirt-poor shithole famous for its trannies, while our country dominates the world.

Friendly reminder the Peter Crouch unironically has more assists than Paul Scholes.

The U.S. Ninja Turtles could do a lot worse than 11 Crouches.

Besides a better comparison would be to 11 Zlatans which most 2nd rate nations would love to have.

I would unironically take 11 Crouches over our current national team. At the very east, Crouch is fucking hilarious.

"What would you be if you weren't a footballer"
"A virgin"

Why are Americans so obsessed with "athletes"?

Football is a sport that requires innate talent, vision, and flair. It's not just roided up 6'9 din du's running into each other. This is why football (the real kind) is so popular world wide.

I genuinely think it's a cuck thing. The average american is so fat and overworked that they just want to see a huge black guy with ripped abs dominate others in a coliseum like enviroment. Rather than watching a game that requires skill and has permeated into culture because it's fun and easy to play.

We aren't obsessed with "athletes", the fact that you think this shows how much you fundamentally misunderstand American sport. All major sports, not just soccer, require innate talent, vision, and flair. Althleticism alone does not get you very far. If you're truly an athletic freak of nature, but also retarded (like Oxlade-Chamberlain, for example), you might make it to the professional level but never be great.

>I genuinely think it's a cuck thing.

I genuinely think that you have spent too much time on Sup Forums and are allowing it to shape your opinion of real life. Try watching the sports you're criticizing before passing judgement,

sensible

To be fair LeBron would be a GOAT DM

>Althleticism alone does not get you very far

lmao

like half the positions in american football require literally nothing but athleticism.

some supreme freak of nature could pick up american football in their late teens and make it in the nfl easily. whereas its literally impossible to make it as a top level footballer if you havent been training almost every day of your life since before 10 years old.

crying on demand and taking a dick in the ass are the only skills you need to play the """sport""" of futbol

We basically had 50 years where nobody played soccer that's 50 years worth of dads and grampas that knew fuck all about how to teach the game to kids once America finally decided to give soccer a shot.

We're basically three generations behind the rest of the world. Maybe once the kids that have played the last 25 years have kids and those kids have kids that start to play we will close the gap skillwise. As it stand our best option is hoofball and trying to out athlete teams

yeah brainless retarded nigger chimp brutes wouldnt have the skill to even sniff the butthole of a 3rd division league.

these us sports have TONS of crayon eating window licking niggers STARTING to play basketball and football during highschool. how fucking laughable is the skill level that these nig nogs can become the top of their trades in a few years? fucking pathetic

meanwhile these kids in europe and south america join academies since kids and specialize their entire lives and most of them barely make it out.

the absolute state of american sports that nobody else plays. truly sad

Black peter crouches >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bradley and Altidore

Wow, you really are retarded. Go ahead and name half a dozen positions that require "nothing but athleticism".

This is fucking idiotic. Soccer is dominated by absolute morons like Totti, Gerrard, Lampard (in their day), and more recently fucking idiots like Messi, Ronaldo, and Ramos. Actual, real-life intelligence, IQ, has nothing to do with it, it's about training and nothing more. Idk where this association between soccer stars and intelligence came from. By and large, they are retards who are just incredibly good at a game, nothing more. Why do you think they're smart? Is it because they're white?

>dads and grampas that knew fuck all about how to teach the game to kids
oh user, you have no idea if you think you learn football from dad or grampa

>nobody else plays

keep telling yourself that while you watch your ass-eating crybaby "'""""""sport"'""""""

You think a 6'8" guy would be a good DM? Why? What makes Lebron so special is that he's an unstoppable attacking force. What about Lebron's game or ability makes you think that he would be a good DM?

standing in one spot for 60+mins requires soooo much intelligence bro.

>standing in one spot for 60+mins requires soooo much intelligence bro

Yes, I agree, being a goalkeeper or a CB requires a lot of intelligence even though they're generally staying in the same spot. It's good that you picked up on this.

LeBron wouldn't be a good defender because the attacking player would bump him fall down and cry like an intelligent sportsman.

Lebron wouldn't be a good defender because he is way too big. Hes just not suited for this sport. When you can't touch the ball with your hands, the height advantage is negated. Guys like Ibrahimovic and Crouch are considered exceptionally tall in soccer, even though they would be fairly short in basketball.

it takes LEAGUES more skill to kick a soccer ball than to carry a ball with your hands, gain muscle and take hits.

the only person who has a lick of skill on a football team is the quarterback .

There are dudes in the NFL (corners, recievers, running backs) that can put up Olympic-level track times. If the US cared about soccer our team would be absolute pace whores on offense and have super strong giganiggers on defense, with some genetic freak like Lebron playing keeper. Take hundreds of freak athletes like this and train them 10 years and you'll be able to find 11 that picked up skill equal to yuros. Then just let the athletic dominance put you over the top.

I know mommy signed you up for soccer until you were 13, but this isn't even remotely true. The strangest part about most American soccer fans is the bizarre superiority complex they have about the sport. It takes an incredible amount of skill to a professional football player.

>the only person who has a lick of skill on a football team is the quarterback .

This is absolute bullshit. Have you ever even watched a football game?

>There are dudes in the NFL (corners, recievers, running backs) that can put up Olympic-level track times.

Yeah, well so can the Ivorian and Kenyan national teams. Their best players these days are Wilfred Bony and Victor Wanyama. Sprinting speed+pure strength is not everything. If it was, there would be no white wrs/cbs/rbs and no black linemen.

You only can have between 2 and 4 tall people in a football team.
1- Goalkeeper, if he is agile being tall helps
2- Striker n°9, you can only have 1 (if you play with 2 there are great chances that one obstruct the other) and in modern football teams usually don´t play with a tall striker
3- Defenders, central defenders only, you can have 2 if you want but if they have slow reactions you are fucked.
4- Midfielders, is quite rare having a tall one, maybe a defensive midfielder but is not the usual, for every tall midfielder over 2m you have 30 not so tall.

The strong factor is not so relevant if you don´t have some technic and agility you are useless. Shak for example would really suck in football. You have this kind of players in minor leagues and is quite obvious the lack of capacity for football although they could crush a player like messi in 2 seconds.

People who talk about these super-tall American athletes being GOAT soccer players are missing the point. The tallest Americans who could be good soccer players are guys like Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Isaiah Thomas, Steve Nash....quick, clever guys who are between 5'9 and 6'2" (Nash was actually a soccer player as a kid, but chose basketball because there was more money in it). If soccer was the USA's #1 priority, or even one of our top 3 priorities, we would have a phenomenal team. But Lebron, Kobe, Brady, Gronk...those guys would not be the stars.

if Iverson was british it was 100% sure he would be a pacy winger starting for the NT

It's not the 30s anymore

yeah but what I'm saying is the US talent pool would have hundreds of those guys (not quite as fast but close), and if you put them all in academies, it's likely you'll find a dozen that develop elite skill as well.

so?

yeah because the earth is flat n gravity effects them less

The US started at around the same time as most national teams in the world did. Hell most South American teams and Mexico are newer than ours.

Not exactly. The US started early, in the 1920s and 30s, but as soon as WWII started our NT basically went dormant for 50 years. The problem was that our NT was mostly Germans/Italians, and once the war began they were under pressure to do everything possible to show that they were loyal Americans.

How the fuck else do you learn it then? Playing in the streets with all the other little favela kids?

Bc that culture doesn't exist in America anymore and hasn't since The Sandlot. I'm pretty sure the Germans don't play in the streets but their dads and grampas sign them up for soccer when they're 5 while American dad's and grampas sign us up for baseball

The world's greatest freak athletes are probably living in some rural village in a 3rd world country lol

I'm pretty sure there are at least two potentially world-class American soccer players born in the past 40 years who are currently cutting my father's lawn for nothing.

America will never be elite at football while they still make they have their college sports system

You need academies and if you had then you'd probably be able to lure in a load of talented south Americans that could then become naturalised us players

Tsunaldo isnt a manlet though, and he's above those three.

>Other issues regarding the soccer league involved the closed league model and the lack of American soccer players dominating the league.
>In spite of the decline in the sport's popularity, several pockets of the country, primarily the Heartland and New England regions, as well as the New York City and St. Louis metropolitan areas, continued to see excessive popularity of the sport, specifically with ethnic groups and expatriates.
kek this sounds exactly like a certain league in a certain era

Rehashes of NASL and MLS have been done for over a century in this country, in all eras with a different sport being the dominant one (baseball, then basketball, now football). We had multiple chances now to prove we could compete in every generation. It's not that we didn't teach the kids how to play the sport, it's that we just couldn't qualify to begin with. We did well in the inaugural WC but got pounded every single one after, and when other CONCACAF countries were able to field teams, we couldn't even qualify. This sport has been nearly as popularized as other major sports in the US and even had the 2nd if not earliest league in the country yet we have never been a world power at any level ever.

Neither Canada nor Mexico knew what the fuck they were doing from 1954-1986 either to be fair. Mexico got its shit together at the same time USA did and Canada outright gave up. CONCACAF as a region in that time was a joke so bad it may as well have been pit against the OFC for a sole WC spot.

No debate he's one of the best ever but he isn't comparable to players who were outright more capable of making plays. He's a great goal scorer but that's where it stops. Higuain/Lewandowski/Aubameyang/Cavani/Falcao aren't historically elite, yet they all have more goals than players like Maradona. Klose wasn't a better player than Ronaldo because he has more goals in the WC. The ability to make plays has always mattered more than goals in this sport when determining who's better.

There's a charity: Soccer in the Streets, I give to it every year in the hopes that America one day weaponizes the Inner City for soccer dominance

Friendly reminder that Uruguay has 4 million people and it's better than the US and Mexico

4 million it's a little more of the 1% of you population. Being good on football is not a matter of having millions of kids playing in the streets but on actual training and competitive experience.

>lampard
>moron
man, hiro could disable all the flags and still every single american post would be obvious

Is there any place in the United States, where soccer is the most popular derby and where Major League Soccer (MLS) is the dominant professional league?

I look for a place in the USA where soccer is People's favorite pastime, and where the MLS (Major League Soccer) is much more popular than the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL all combined.

being good at soccer is a matter of giving a shit about soccer
and
we dont

I kind of ser your point, but Lampard is a bad example. He's one of the smartest players there was in and out the field.

so wide outs would make the best divegrass players?

Just because you're dominant in one sport doesn't mean it will translate to another. James doesn't have a body to play soccer and Messi doesn't have a body to play basketball. These comparisons are done by fedora neckbeards that never played soccer in their life.

"NO"

hell mls has serious competition from the chinks

>best athlete in the world
>4 ft midget

Ironic.

Is American "football" even classified as a sport?

Yeah OP, just like how Michael Jordan dominated the golf scene

This is so fucking laughable. They seriously think that because some guys are excellent in basketball/handegg/whatever US sport it makes them obligatory excellent at football. Sorry but no.

I won't even develop beyond this mere fact: if you don't have a perfect eye/foot coordination before 13 years old you can't be a pro football player, period. Because after 13 years old it's too late, your brain neuron paths are already well developed, and develop way less faster after this age.

So no, sorry, no Gronowkoswki at full back, or Deshawn Lynch or Le'Ve'On Be'Ll in midfield, because they would have square feet, and I'll take 1 spanish midget born with a ball stuck to his feet rather than 100 roided Amuhricans who never touched a ball before college

>This conversation
>American humour

Most of your sportsmen are big big guys, that's not going to help in football. There are not many intelligent black players anyway.

In the end you need players with good technique and intelligence on the field and these aren't transferable skills from any sport. It would take you a long time to get these things through a proper football culture.

this guy gets it. Football is the ultimate average Joe sport. All football GOATs have average joes frame.
Take Platini, fucking apathic physic. Maradona, a midget. Pelé, a slimy nigger. etc. etc.