Will the new Star Trek be good?

Will the new Star Trek be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bryan-fuller-as-star-trek-discovery-showrunner-941587
youtu.be/jdCNudQKTJM?t=4m15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nah

No, but the reasons for it being bad have nothing to do with politics. Of course, you don't really want to discuss Star Trek, you really want to discuss politics, so I'm sorry for intruding into your thread.

It'll probably be alright. There will probably be some backlash since it doesn't sound like they're willing to do "classic" Trek, but that happens any time they start a new series.

Hell, I remember fans hating on Next Gen for the longest time because it wasn't exactly the same.

What do you think will be bad about it?

I'm not sure.

The way things are going with it, I'm not sure there will BE a new Star Trek.

Alex Kurtzman
Akiva Goldsman
CBS All Access

Agreed. sounds to me like they're trying to back out of it.

Yeah, those are bad signs.

I dunno, maybe I just want it to be good. I hope they pull it all together and make it work.

This comic has to be ironic, the original series was about as progressive as possible for its time.

>Not including the Asian crew member in that list

Of course

Will the new Star Trek even happen?

>no intergalactical homolust

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bryan-fuller-as-star-trek-discovery-showrunner-941587

>Jonathan Rosenberg

EVERY. SINGLE. GODDAM. TIME.

I really don't want to believe this is the case, but fuck! These people keep living down to the stereotypes.

>every single time

Every single time it's posted on Sup Forums because that's literally why the neo-Nazi shills are posting it, you half-witted gullible moron.

samefag

I really don't understand the point of that comic. Star Trek was extremely progressive for its time and not in the obtrusive social justicey way like today. It made sense in the context of a united earth.

also since kirk and spock are jews lel

The original Star Trek featured an interracial kiss on National television in 1968

fucking modern day progressives should be shot for trivializing by far the most "progressive" show of its time.

Could be, but most of the time when I've seen stuff else where its someone living down to the stereotype. Also:
youtu.be/jdCNudQKTJM?t=4m15s
>SJEWS
is that how you're supposed to pronounce it really?

Shatner too? I did not know that.

fucking this. It's literally people standing on the shoulders of giants and taking a shit.

Nope.

SJWs hate when everyone is portrayed as equal. They believe non-whites should be shown as superior to whites and women should be superior to men.

it will be star wars tier

>This comic has to be ironic,

No, it's just ignorant. The writer had no sense of historical perspective. If I recall, he went on a whole spiel about how Uhura should have been the captain - the idea that, just to ensure she wouldn't get edited out of episodes by affiliates, they blocked shots so that she would be present as much as possible even when the focus was on Kirk or Spock, was totally lost on him.

Sometimes Trek does hit you in the face with how '60s the mentality of the writers was (take McCoy's comments in "Who Mourns for Adonais?", where he expected Carolyn Palamas to leave the service upon getting married), but they tried their best to be forward thinking.