Anyone else sick of Linux? I have to use it because I can't format my drive cuz the cd drive doesn't work...

Anyone else sick of Linux? I have to use it because I can't format my drive cuz the cd drive doesn't work. Last night I was trying to install java and ended up deleting loads of files. Can you install windows with a usb drive?

yes you can.

also how do you delete loads of files while trying to install java. esp while using ubuntu

Yeah, modern Windows versions can be installed off of USB. I think since 7?

confirmed

dude you dumb af

I think a command I was told to use would delete the old java folder but I must have wrote it wrong cuz everything on my desktop disappeared as well as video, pic, download folders.

Fuck those microsoft motherfuckers, why the hell their gaydows coast that much for like nothing?

what is the output of
ls -a /home/(yourusername/Desktop

Ubuntu is the windows of Linux

not sure cant remember. And the packages urls are always making broken packages. I prefer .exe' just double click and you're done.

I hate linux for the same reason. If something doesn't work as expected you waste hours google searching without finding a solution an average person can understand, you try to fix your problem and most likely end up breaking something. Also the most simple task require you to know about terminal commands and compiling your own source code.

No matter what they want you to think, you need to be a fucking rocket scientist to operate even the most "user friendly" distributions.

You can install Windows from flash.
Also, try Gentoo..

b8 or your dumber than fuck

get a mac you flippered retard

Nah I love linux. You're just dumb

you're*

Linux takes some time to get used to, then you'll at least like it.
BUT as you execute commands from the internet without thinking about what it does + you were TYPING instead of copy & pasting them, you're better off with windows.

Just buy a good antivirus, mister "not thinking about what that does 'cause clicking is enough".

If you're a piece of shit Windows-user and don't know how to actually get around a terminal because you don't know or care how to opearate a package manager, you fucking deserve to be put down and be given a toy PC.

>can't use my PC because I'm too ignorant
>how do I remove

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

You're retarded, but right to use Windows instead.

I am not Bill Gates.

>I can't format my drive cuz it's Ubuntu's fault
naah, it's you

good stuff :D he's a god

Xubuntu + Kodi = great and cheap HTPC

Yeah, I know:
>ubuntu
>babby's first *nix

But I don't have to fuck with anything. Plus you can boot straight into Kodi with Linux.

>I can't format my drive cuz it's Ubuntu's fault
like i said its my cd drives fault.

USB CD drives are $25 from Bestbuy you pathetic poorfag.

Well thanks for stroking my fat cock of an ego today. TIL I'm a rocket scientist.

OP probably isn't smart enough to use one

Will my BIOS recognize it?

Does your computer use vacuum tubes? You just asked if you could install Windows with a USB stick, you gibbering baboon.

Never tried using usb drive.
Thanks Ill pick one up.

If you are as stupid as to not aknowledge how universal SATA/ATA drives are, you REALLY are a stupid piece of shit enough
Maybe you should install Android or stay in your phone instead of wasting time with a workstation

I sont understand what you said. Im a hardware noob.

Linux is for virgins.

I don't think you should be touching computers at all

i use linux because i'm too poor to buy windows

TPB its free.

>get a mac

Linux is only free if your time has no value.

I use fedora because windows and mac suck donkey cuck, download a usb executable, or better still i have a large usb on my keys with a bootable OS can use files on the HDD for the most part , best of both worlds.

I prefer linux. You just cannot be a dumb ass. Windows and Mac are for fucking retards that have a hard time using a screwdriver.

Ok fine. Real tech here get the iso of whatever you are wanting to install and use Rufus to create the bootable usb drive with os on it.

He's a very insecure user, probably has legit autism though not meant as an insult. You'll no doubt get some good advice from other anons if you stick around though.

He's right though. Only retards use Mac and OP is a confirmed retard. The fact that you needed this explained to you explains why you're the type of person who posts reaction images after 2010.

Nigga you dumb AF.
You managed to fuck up a simple Java install.
Stop using computers.

>using java in the first place in 2018

>Tries to install programs
>Deletes his files
TOP KEK, it's not Linux's fault, it's yours asshole

>Linux

sudo apt-get install OPisadumbfaggot

*enter*

you probably shouldn't have been using it as your OS anyways.

>password123

Retards do use Macs, but non-retards do to. Macs are good for both. Linux is an endless treadmill and Windows hasn't been good since 2000. I'm still using a Macbook Pro from 2013. Don't play games tho.

Ubuntu already comes with java, as fas as I know, why did you try to install it?
Also being too dump to delete a folder in your home directory and deleting moar than you wanted is a potential hazard on Windows as well. So maybe just stop being too dumb to you use a computer?

I'm on a dualboot mac book air - sierra and 17.10.
this user knows

For real tho...
if you're gonna keep using Linux, start using a better flavor of it. Sounds like you need to get better a computers. Go download Kali Linux. Learn how to use every tool on their Wiki and then come back and talk to us.

>but non-retards do to
Whatever gets you to sleep at night in your race car bed.

>he fell for the Kali meme

>Windows hasn't been good since 2000
Kys

>Can you install windows with a usb drive?
Yea, you have been able to install Windows from USB drive since the XP days

almost any SO can be installed via USB. Just get the correct ISO and format

Remember the good old Backtrack days?

Visited a high performance computing academic facility fairly recently. Practically everybody carried around Mac laptops. Even the poorfag immigrants.

Stop being poor

How's your Windows Creators update going? Still rebooting?

>have a problem
>install Gentoo
>have infinite problems

Apple provides discounted macs to colleges and government for tax write-offs. This is why you see them in places like NASA, where everyone is smart enough to know how to run a non-retard computer.

...While BIOS recognizes formatted executable flash drives most of the time USB DVD drives require drivers to work and wont be recognizable from a fresh format at the BIOS screen. You can set priority of boot to USB no problem, but it wont recognize it as a DVD drive but rather a generic USB device

As someone who automated OS installs and configuration for Openstack instance usage, writing their bs answer files and all that shit; I feel confident in saying fuck Windows.
Also, packer is a pretty cool tool

Stop being poor

can confirm: am virgin and use linux
computer is my only love

This discount isn't really all that much. It puts it in line with PC laptops. They really do use it because it's better.

This is what I was worried about. Im just gonna get a new laptop.

I can believe that however one of Microsoft's strong suits is active directory and how robust and granular it is. Controlling hundreds of thousands of people accounts can be done through other means but not as well as ad. So when it comes to enterprise environments Microsoft has it down. Remember apples answer to ad lol.

lol dude
console.log(window.location.hostname)

Ubuntu is fine for the majority of people.

No, they do it because governments have requirements to buy from American companies, even if the product is manufactured in china using chinese parts.

Can you please leave us gnu/linux users alone? I think we don't need more retards like you

AD is just LDAP.

Dell is an American company.

You'll need more ammo than that to convince me.

In enterprise environments there is just no way around using Windows. Just like you will never see open source office in an enterprise. Its all MS all the time.

I cant imagine having to administer more than a few dozen computers with AD and SCCM

I'm in the same boat. I use to give a shit, learn a bit, now I dgaf and I'm stuck with the same shit hoping that the solution I've found and blindly pasted into a terminal isn't going to install some election hacking virus.

How easy is it to do some basic 'illegal in some countries' activities with a Mac? Tor, not getting locked their suite of apps etc.?

And Dell ships Windows, which retards are incapable of using to any extent. The savings on user support for a toddler tier Mac combined with the discount Apple gives to academia and government is all part of the retard puzzle.

AD is a directory services database, and LDAP is one of the protocols you can use to talk to it

Windows keeps trying to be more like MacOS without the skill to do so. Win2000 was the last time I enjoyed being a computer janitor.

Because technology development isn't free. Half the shit from Linux is copied from Microsoft since early 2000s anyways.

Windows is trying to be Linux, just like Mac.

Any admin worth his weight in salt has windows so locked down its idiot proof.

Users should have nothing more than program icons and a restart/power off option in the start menu. Ive been in companies who have a single icon on the desktop and only a log off option. Ive seen companies not even allow the clock to be displayed on screen

>Half the shit from Linux is copied from Microsoft since early 2000s anyways.
Half the microsoft shit is stolen from BSD, more like.

>packages urls are always making broken packages.

What? Are you adding random shit/wrong distro's to your sources?

We're talking about the government and government funded academia. If you wanted to make a point about competence, this isn't the place or time.

I see you've never actually used Linux, because none of what you just said is even remotely close to the truth.

>I cant imagine having to administer more than a few dozen computers.

It's not as hard as you think. The right word of tedious. Especially if there is no template to a new user

idk I have to google commands anytime I want to install anything. Half the shit wont install because the sources.

>switch to Linux to save 20 on an optical drive

Hehehe

>what is Salt

>enjoyed being a computer janitor

Explain

Tor is available. You don't have to use any of Apple's apps if you don't want to.

This was a high performance computing facility. They don't need user support, it's chock full of autistic nerds.

AD is LDAP. Accept it and move on.

The problem then isn't Microsoft or Linux, it's that you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

LEARN.