Post-irony

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-irony

>Examples of post-ironic artwork include South African band Die Antwoord

Discuss

>Whereas in postmodern irony something is meant to be cynically mocked and not taken seriously and in new sincerity something is meant to be taken seriously or "unironically", post-irony combines these two elements by either (i) having something absurd taken seriously or (ii) be unclear as to whether something is meant to be ironic.[2] Over the years, it has become an increasingly common form of rhetoric on imageboards such as Sup Forums...
Lmao. This is unironically the state of Wikipedia.

His dedication to the Ninja character is unparalleled.
I understand pretending to be like that in front of the world for the sake of your art (and wallet), but all the tattoos? Even the one on his dick?
I don't know what to think.

are we talking about die antwoord or lil tentacion AYOOO

>This is post-ironically the state of Wikipedia.
ftfy

What other persona could he possibly take on? This one is successful, so if tats and shit help him sell it, then that's great for him. If he goes back to something like Max Normal, he's probably not going to be showing his skin so much anyways

Its poe's law. he has sincerely become what hes been satirizing

Apparently there's only going to be one more Die Antwoord album before they move onto something else so I'm really interested in what that's going to be. If it's going to be similar or a completely different direction.

Riff Raff

That see also section is a rabbit hole of confusion and redundancy

Is the human race doomed?

Maybe the wikipedia page is an example of post-irony itself.

Ninja was an acidhead and way into eastern philosophy n shit. He knew his former identity was an illusion so why not take on a new crazy outlandish zef id and go 100% with it and see what happens

die antwoord is the south african insane clown posse but self aware

post irony is finished

we're entering nu-sincerity

that includes cuphead and what else

whats wrong with that definition?

John Maus

yes but hows that relevant?

I enjoy Linkin Park Nu-Sincerely.

Listening to string adaptations of their early music as I post this.

Would love a new constructus corporation or max normal album so much. Tbf he probs is actually into the tags, seems quite funny, I know loads of people with ironic joke tattoos. Also he has a aphex twin one on his arm

>This is post-ironically

this is the new meme by decree

Sign of the times

this but post-ironically