Good Films Gone Bad

ITT: we post films that were going along great until...

I give you: The Shallows.
A single location, single concept film that was pretty good until the 3rd act when it jumped the shark with a literal jumping shark.
Oh - did I mention that the shark was on fire, too.

A.
Flaming.
Shark.

post yours
-go-

Kill yourself, nobody cares about your waifu or being Ryan Reynolds cuck

The way you write makes me want to bully you

Sunshine. Mediocre slasher third act ruins what was a pretty compelling movie.

He sounds like some
Autist I used to beat up everyday in highschool. What a fucking loser lol. Is that you Sean?

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane.

i know what you mean. you can tell if someone is weak by how they type and op is definitely weak

Fucking Cloverfield Lane.

I find there's a similar situation with lots of horror movies. Mainly low budget films and newer horrors. The first two acts are great and build great tension with lots of cool ideas and genuine scares, then the third act descends into lame, quickly thought up fights/monster rampages/etc. that instead of finding a good way to end the film in the same thematic vein as the rest of movie, they just figure it's easier to end it exactly the same way all the other horror movies end.

Ginger Snaps is a good example, excellent up until the third act when it becomes a generic, lame monster movie. So many great films are ruined by lazy third acts

Also more recently, The Invitation is great and very unique until it becomes a generic slasher in the end.

rëddit: the original poster

I like noah until the flood happened and he became a nutjob, that said Tubal Cain saved it, especially his final scene.

10 Cloverfield Lane goes to shit when she escapes the cellar.

Full Metal Jacket isn't as good after boot camp but still a great movie.

2001: A Space Odyssey

fucking Now You See Me for sure

>10 Cloverfield Lane goes to shit when she escapes the cellar
Seconding this wise user. They managed to fuck up a pretty decent plot

pretty sure the movie jumped the shark about 15mins in with that ridiculous slowmo surfing montage.

But user, Blake Lively has that Oakland booty.

>Ryan Reynolds' cocksleeve

Bastard!

that was pretty cringey but I chose to look past it

What kind of wound did they shittily put on her arm?

It's like a "The Ruins" plant growing in there and looks very fake.

It's sort of understandable that you get a little distracted when body painting blively and you do a shit job.

what *magazine* is that from?
>women unironically read this
>this is all women read

Star Trek Beyond.

It's a good star trek film up until the Enterprise gets destroyed and Kirk helps the alien woman who led him into a trap escape unscathed. He should have left her on the ship. Then the motorcycle scene, Simon Pegg's "we're a crew" speech, Public Enemy (I do like them but they have no place in Star Trek), Beastie Boys scene and if course the end.

this isn't real.. right?

>she is TWO (2) inches taller than me WITHOUT heels

That movie was shit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before that scene showed up

Bane was charismatic enough to carry the film. It wasn't shit until the twist came.

Everything about the way you write is feminine.

I wonder if Ryan Reynolds eats that ass on the reg. It would be a damn shame if he didn't.