The comedy, the characters, their relationships are all cheesy and annoying as shit

The comedy, the characters, their relationships are all cheesy and annoying as shit.

Why the FUCK is this shit so popular?

normies

go fuck yourself

it was a different time.

The 90s were only 10 years ago.

Well, you see, the thing is, you're way dumber than most people so you may not "get" good things.

I grew up watching it with my family, it's nostalgia. I probably wouldn't give a fuck about it if I didn't, like most other shows I don't care about from the same time period that people like.

learn2math

popular because of phoebe. she had a fucked up life and would constantly

pre 9/11 was different user. the 90s were chill

Apart from Rachel, all of the characters are likeable and, apart from Aniston, all of the actors are great

Because it's literally the comfiest show of all time. It's just people chilling on their couch for 70% of the episode. You want to be like them.

Phoebe was the worst character.

The thing that bothers me about it is that these are all 30-somethings that act like they're still in high school.

Lisa Kudrow is a really good comedic actress. See Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, which is also super comfy

Phoebe was still annoying.

It is the embodiment of the 90s, probably the last decade anybody was relaxed and happy.
We hit our peak then, everything after 2001 is decline.

Terrible actress. The character never made sense either. There's no way that group of people would associate with a useless stinky hippie who lived like 2 hours away from the rest of them. Not to mention they all became extremely successful at their jobs and she remained a useless stain on society.

No it wasn't. It was unwatchable garbage in the 90s too.

If you recall, back at the time Grunge was very popular, and Hollywood executives tried to capitalize on it as much as possible. Like all popular music however, grunge was enjoyed by women, and only appreciated by men who mostly shot up H and died. The women and their cuckolded men took over the grunge aesthetic, which resulted in a film called "Singles", which featured their yuppie lifestyles painted over the grunge aesthetic. Seeing as how well this connected with the audience, it was developed into a stripped down low cost television series, which went on to effectively kill grunge, the last form of rock and roll, and ushered in a new world of yuppism and complacency.

Because fucking normies can't stand anything outside of their own conventional relationships

It really benefitted from following Seinfeld on Thursdays and once people started to like the characters it built its own inertia. It wasn't a bad show but not really great either, it represented the point in time well.

not many choices at that time