Didn't Click

Post albums that just didn't come click for you, others post what the appeal is or how you can get more out of it

Expert mode: no criticizing

>others post what the appeal is or how you can get more out of it
maybe it would be easier if you say what you "don't understand" about the album first

Half of this is forgettable 70s "artsy" music by a coked-out Englishman. The other half is some excellent atmospheric music by Brian Eno.
This album gets consistent praise in Bowie threads.
Did I fall for a meme?

Try reading along with the lyrics! It's all about the storytelling. Took a few listens before I loved it though.
I really like violins, so this album clicked for me instantly.

>"artsy" music by a coked-out englishman

you just described its appeal, at least for me.

Bowie was an unironic meme until Blackstar.

It's a little barebones I guess? There's vocals and harp but other than the few instrumental flourishes, there's nothing for me to really latch into
Which normally isn't a problem, Elliot smith is just guitar and vocals and I like his music
Maybe it's the way it progresses

Listen to his earlier work first if you haven't, the poppy side of the album seems like a nice progression from his ziggy days

i'd recommend Heroes first, Low is basically a rawer Heroes

you just have good taste

i like the parts with robert fripp's guitar but i cant really into the rest of the album

>Maybe it's the way it progresses
If you can't into very long free-flowing melodies, I can see how you can get lost on Newsom. It's not really so much about how it starts, progresses, and ends, but where you are in that exact moment.

the production is utter shit, try getting the vinyl version off soulseek since its marginally better

Not OP, but I love The Milk-Eyed Mender. *Gorgeous* melodies on there.

Still can't into Ys, though :(

Overrated album, somehow still the 2nd-best by them. Each of their albums have at least a handful of shitty songs *except* Everything Now, despite what the butthurt critical reception showed.

awful opinions

Any of Pavement's albums. I've listened to all of them at least 4 or 5 times.

sad for you my goyim