Is this worth watching?

Is this worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvwise.co.uk/2014/08/babylon-5-movie-eyes-2016-production-start/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, but be forewarned, the first season is rough but it gets better, you also will probably not enjoy the dated Reboot CG but hopefully it will grow on you.

not op but I watched the first ep and op be warned, it's really rough. I don't know if I wanna continue, the cgi is fucking awful. The story was ok tho.

The story gets way better and the characters more fleshed out and well rounded, Londo is probably one of the best written characters in sci-fi

I'll give it a few more eps

Good:
plot
Garibaldi
londo
gkar
bester
evil alien dude
good alien dude
crazy space god bullshit after jumping into the pit of hell while a nuke lands on top of your position

bad:
ending
shell heads
jew chick is annoying
first co gets replaced with commander shout
filler episodes up the wazoo
doc is a faggot
everything else

overall I dont regret watching it but I wish I had skipped more of it.

Watch "In the Beginning" first. It is a pretty great TV movie and got me into B5.

Season 1 - okay
Season 2 - great
Season 3 - awesome
Season 4 - good
Season 5 - "eh"

Good:
Londo and G'Kar
Bester
Morden
VIR
actual story arc going through the whole show
ship designs (STARFURY)
Ivanova

Bad:
CGI
filler eps, the "religious patient refuses treatment" episode especially
Sinclair>Sheridan switch
Minbari

As in the first season is all shit and it gets better after or the first season improves with each episode?

ah dammit, I always forget to check this. TVDB says it's from 98 tho so older than the first eps?

What about The Gathering? That any good?

I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS ON THE AIRLOCK

SAY MY NAME

YES!

but first season might not be that interesting for you.
what i really like if you compare it to star trek are the characters that develope and are not just "good" or "evil", also there isn't all that morality teaching in every episode.
best science fiction show ever, but sure it has flaws.

Friendly reminder that Mollari did nothing wrong

Not OP, but I would say gets better every episode. By the end of the first season the show is genuinely great.

Yes, it's pretty fun

there will be a movie reboot, if there is enough money for that.
tvwise.co.uk/2014/08/babylon-5-movie-eyes-2016-production-start/

Star Trek has more sex than B5.

yes.
i like star trek, mostly because of the cast (tng) or the ships in general but babylon 5 has by far the better story.

It has its place in TV history, the main plot was written in its entirety before JMS got the green light for it. That is its greatest strength and its weaknes. They thought for sure they would be canceled after season 4 so they crammed the main ark that was planned for season 5 into season 4. So the first half is the original season 4 ark and the other half is 5. That makes season 4 really action packed so of course they got the go ahead to make season 5 after that showing. That is the reason station 5 is so weird and sometimes boring. But as others have said season 1 can be chore the first time, but it's great when you rewatch it as you can see all the small hints and spoilers to the main story that you didn't think about the first time.

They both did nothing wrong.

>>shell heads

wow can u not