To all the anons that didnt go to college

To all the anons that didnt go to college.
What was life for like between the ages of 18-22 id like to hear some stories if possible
19 year old here

Worked at some shitty jobs, joined the military, went to some cool countries and some shithole countries. I would have failed out of college if I went straight after high school because I didn't give a fuck but I wouldn't recommend skipping college unless you have a real job trade to make decent income.

I dont care about either honestly

Bump

What was the military like?

19 year old here. Didn’t go to college but instead became a paramedic and now I make over 100k a year usd and going for firefighter over the next 2 years.

Do college while u can cause if u wait you will kill ur opportunity

Nice man doing alot better than me i just get loaded and work in a kitchen all day

That looks like an effective way to clean your pipes!

I'd do it from the other end though.

Lol what? Fuck out of here silly user

Work at local shipping center part or full time depending on what they needed, buy liters of Pepsi and drink when im off, try to play tera on a 10mbps connection in my mom's basement.

Part time jobs
Little community college
Set up a business
Was ok, then mom was like get a real job or move out.
So moved out at 22 and started another business.
We'll leave it at the part where it's a functioning business and I didn't get rapped out of it a year and a half later.

Go to uni if you've got any idea or semblance of what career you want.
If nothing else theres another 4 years of slacking and sloots.

It’s a solid gig if you don’t mind people dying around you almost daily

Seeing people from highsschool while you work your part time job is also awkward as fuck.

For me just all slacking no sloots

Sounds somewhat relatable ngl

Already slacking on joining life, don't slack on the school part.
And fuck sloots anyways.

It's what you make of it. There's going to be times that are miserable but oddly enough you miss that shit when you get out. It's a steady paycheck, you make friends that become like family and it gives you perspective on life. I'm out of the military now but everyday annoyances seems like nothing compared to what I've seen people in third world countries deal with. That said, my technical skills from the military don't carry over into the workplace short of being a cop so I tell people thinking about joining to pick an MOS that pays well once they separate.

Not him but you got me curious. How long were you in the military and why'd you leave?

Where you making 100k as a paramedic? I'm in Philly and paramedics are lucky to make 40k here.

lul

Honestly id join just to be forced to get in shape

tried like 5 differents jobs, till i got one recommended from a friend -20
got a girlfriend, got piano classes, sold a guitar.
got sick, i break up with gf cos reasons, trew licence -22years
then got into a treatment for the sickness and lost my memory cos medication was too strong and i cant remember anything from there till like 4 years later.

I dont have a car, but i do look good how do i meet sloots at my age?

you can still do stuff like join (For example) clubs and societies even though you are not a student, like the yoja club, or boxing club, whatever your fancy is, that way you can still visit campus/intermingle maybe make some friends etc get ins :)

Yeah i dont care unless hoes are involved

well for one nobody thinks of chicks as hoes

and 2, they are

Exactly so who cares

>What was life for like between the ages of 18-22

ffs it's a struggle to make life worth living for thinking back about shit use to be like and how much bull shit to get to a point where it started to be more like the way I wanted it.

10 years. I was getting burnt out from the grind and I had essential tremor which was getting worse. I was at the halfway point to retirement and knew my hand tremors were getting worse which would never allow me to finish the next 10 years without a medical discharge. Preexisting conditions and medical discharge is zero sum situation. Got home after a year deployment, my contract was almost up so I didn't reup and went on to use my GIBILL. Free college and tax free $2k a month was nice since I was debt free from my deployment money.

Whatever you just said made no fucking sense

I'm afraid if I ever enlisted I'd get burnt out way too fast. I've always dreaded commitments to sports teams and stuff

20 years old. Stuck at a fast food job and still live with my parents. Never going to get anywhere with my life

You sure wont with that mindset

I worked my ass off for 6 years at a restaurant that was paying me off the books and then fired me for no reason, so now, it looks like I have no work experience and have done nothing since high school and nobody will hire me.

Most jobs in the military are cake but I happened to be in one that deploys a lot and is thankless. 90% of military jobs are cake so I wouldn't worry about getting burnt out unless it's from office politics type shit.

Back between the ages of 18-22 sucked really bad. Getting to a point of finding the direction I wanted to go sucked.
Going the direction I wanted to go, makes me question if it was worth while sometimes. Not just anyone could do what I do, and I like the bigger stuff that I do. Just thinking of how much it sucked in the past it's a struggle to make it getting better worth while.

Sorry bud im sure youll bounce back every business needs an employee

All of what you just said was pointless give me some godamn context

25 now. Worked mostly minimum wage jobs, full time, sometimes more if I could help it. Lived with (still do) gf, now fiancee, who also worked full time, started going to college when she was 20. not gonna lie we did struggle a bit, we were broke more often than not, but the kind of broke where our bills are paid on time for the most part, and I had at least enough video games to entertain myself, plenty of weed and cigs back when I smoked those. Usually lived in a 1 or 2 bedroom apt.

It wasn't too bad tbh. I make well above minimum now still with no secondary education and we currently rent a house. She's almost done w school and we're probably gonna move out of state if she can land a job where we want to move when she's finished.

In Charleston SC area it's 70-80k

Really? From what I've read from military threads on /fit/ getting a desk job in the air force is the easiest line of work but stuff like being on a sub or being in the marines is horrible

I thought the same thing, until I spent all my money making hundreds of copies of my resume, and walking in circles around my city for miles until I had huge blisters on my feet and zero responses. I got hundreds of emails from Lyft tho

Banged a lot of chics!!! Still living in my parent's basement, posting on a Friday night

Honestly im the same place

Idk how to meet girls

i was on tour following the grateful dead
but i did manage to squeez 4 years and a degree out of it

Sounds pretty chill honestly. At least you had someone faithful to stick with real hard to come by these days

All branches have support career fields and the majority of the US military personnel aren't in a combat career field. Does submarine duty suck? Sure but only a minority fraction of the Navy is sub crew. You can choose your job (unless you bomb the ASVAB or fail out of your post boot camp job training or you are retarded) when enlisting so where you end up is up to you.

lie about work experience ;-)

Traveled around the world and partied alot. Also several fun road trips. Parents work at a airline so I fly for free

>All of what you just said was pointless
I see you're not much of a philosopher if you're unaware most everything is. Life is about self determinism. You determine where and how you want your life to go to some extent, if you don't try hard enough at that. You'll likely regret it. It may not work out, or it may. The more it didn't work and you didn't try are just big fat fucking ugly memories you don't want to carry around.

Worked summers for a home builder at 16, and 17. Graduated HS at 18 and did home construction through summer and fall. Bought a condemned 3 family home (main support beam was cracked and rotten) to fix up. Spent 3 weekends jacking up the sagging house to level, tore out and replaced the beam. Fixed the plumbing. Rewired the entire house. Patched plaster, re-floored some parts, and did a shitload of painting.
Building inspector approved the work and issued an occupancy permit.
Lot of work for several months and I was working alone but burned a joint, cranked up some tunes and enjoyed the project.
But it was work for 7 days a week (14 - 16 hrs on weekends) and my job on weekdays. But the homebuilder was really good to me. Let me take scrap wood, leftover drywall and plaster, etc. So I cut a lot of costs that way.
Moved into the 3rd flr. apt. and rented the first and second which covered expenses with a little left over each month.
After I rested up for a couple months, I bought a 2 family that needed a lot of work.
Been doing that for 6 years now and own about $5 million in property (less about $4 million in mortgages) so I'm officially a millionaire. Generate about $200k income annually and invest $100k in stocks.
Currently in negotiations to buy a 20 unit apartment building.
Life's pretty good but I like doing this shit.
Worst part is dealing with some dickwad tenants but I may hire a management firm to do that.

You've gone to multiple countries so I'm gonna assume you're most likely Navy or my second guess Marine.

I ship out to Navy bootcamp Monday. Any tips for me?

Sounds like youre doing quite well for yourself nice work user

Not bad for a kid who grew up being called a loser who will never amount to anything.
Best thing I ever did was get the fuck away from my fuckin' parents.

Keep telling yourself that dude. You are not convincing anyone and all you are doing is lying to yourself.
You act like you are on some kind of pedestal that doesn't exist. It's really cringe-worthy as you just spouting nonsense that anyone with an above average intelligence can see.
You are not honestly introspecting in regard to your own views. You are not acknowledging your own bias.
Your stovetop analogy does not fit and is intellectually dishonest and you know it.

If I'm acting like a spoiled child you are acting like a retarded chimp.

I was a neet from 18-22 smoking weed all day erry day. nothing special

Who the fuck are you replying too?

Sounds like me but i work 7 days a week

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

I worked for my dad, opening restaurants around the country. I'd been working in them since I was 10 so I could train literally all positions; basically was head trainer and coordinator for openings.

Last year I joined my older brother and started working with him on his mushroom farm. We grow shiitakes.

Basically life from 18-22 was fucking busy. I lived out of a suitcase and in hotels essentially 11 months out of the year; spent the couple days in between openings at my parents house. Made a good bit of money and invested it to get an ownership stake in the farm. Life is good now, glad I didn't go to college.

>18-19: started tech business with 2 friends from high school. did a few network installations for businesses/churches. didn't advertise enough. didn't get enough business to stay afloat.
>20-21: lived in carolina. made a shit load of cash doing roofing after hurricane isabel. got to bang underage country sluts. life was good.