Is there a point in getting into classical music if you don't know music theory?

Is there a point in getting into classical music if you don't know music theory?

Other urls found in this thread:

tobyrush.com/theorypages/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. No classical music is only appreciated by "sophisticated" delusional Sup Forums fags who like to pretend white genocide is real.

yeah that shit bangs

Yeah, but it will probably take a while for your brain to make heads or tails of whats going on

What is music theory and why is this term thrown around so much? It sounds stupid as shit because every form of art is ultimately useless and not worth studying in a higher form.

To me music theory sounds like potato theory. Why eat potatoes when you don't even know potato theory? Well because they're plain and not worth studying. Why would I waste my time with that shit when I can invest my time in a more relevant field of study?

What the frick are you going on about? There are basic principles to anything, principles that you can break, reshape and bathe in glory to leave your dumbfounded.

I listen to dupstep, house, dnb, but I still listen to classical music and I sometimes I hum some classical pieces and my own ones.

Elements of music: melody, rhythm, dynamics, tempo, articulation.
Notes can differentiate themselves by: pitch, velocity, duration, color.

That's good but not irrelevant to what we're discussing. It doesn't matter, there is no specific way in which one should enjoy music. Have fun with your music mate.

thx

Whenever you see a movie with a classical piece, try to find it on youtube. Eventually, you will start to listen to more from the composer. That and nostalgia is how I got into classical, I recommend that you watch Amadeus, that is a good starting point. Also, go for the most mainstream guys from the classical period like Mozart and Beethoven, start with the easiest genres to listen to like symphonies and operas.
fuck of kike

I think its worth it if you lije what you hear. But with theory its more like, I love driving the car vut I want to understand show it works and why it does what it does so then I can build my own car and make it unique.

You don't need music theory I suppose but you'll appreciate classical a lot more if you know it

literal brainlet lmao

No, you don't need to know theory unless you intend to compose.

Why the fuck would you need music theory to listen to classical music? Fucking retard.

Classical takes too much effort to get into and understand and desu, it's not worth it, cause like all music 80% of it is pretty forgettable

>potatoes are not worth studying
Nutritionists are a thing you retarded faggot.

where can i learn music theory?

It takes effort to compose or play, not to listen to. How the fuck would it take effort to sit and listen?

Music theory will help you appreciate it more but it's not a requirement.

it takes effort to listen to a five hour piece by Feldman

In one sitting yes. Why do that? Listen to as much as you're comfortable with, then stop, come back and resume later. How fucking hard is it? Fucking chickenbrains.

>pretending white genocide somehow isn't real
This is how I know you are jewish, user

that's like watching a difficult movie and pausing it just because you are too lazy to think

musictheory.net

there is a site in the sticky which is pretty cool:
tobyrush.com/theorypages/

its worth it purely because the music is that good. Like any genre or group of genres, there is a lot to learn. Same if you were getting into singer-songwriters or metal or rap. From the outside it looks like a lot, but once you start learning about it, it just becomes a journey you go on for the rest of your life. You never truly know everything about it (as with any genre), but you find some good music along the way

No, its like attempting to read infinite jest in one sitting because you're a fucking tryhard

Feldman is shitty though.

It takes 0 effort to listen to music like Bach's WTC or Haydn's string quartets.

It takes a lot of effort to understand them, but pure listening: They can be literal background music

If you listen to a composition as background music then you are not truly listening, imo you need to be focused and that takes effort, but that's just how I see things

if you can't appreciate classical music without theory there's hardly a point

Knowing theory is 50% of the fun you get while listening to Classical and Jazz...

> What is music theory

Fruity Loops was a mistake.