Which Final Fantasy should I start playing?

Which Final Fantasy should I start playing?

9 dawg

or 7

Mystic Quest

9 is cringey as fuck.

3(6)

Jesus Christ, you faggots.

1. On the original NES hardware.

Take your medicine like a man.

Tactics.

Not a hard game just tedious

12, for the PS2! The gambit system lets you essentially program your characters making combat automatic if you're a skilled programmer, the license board is completely open so you can give all characters all skills and equipment so no matter who dies you're not out a function, and the world is large and interesting. My favorite FF game, hell, my favorite RGP! Doing a run right now, in fact!

Yeah man, a never ending grind-o-thon.

So stupid. Man I beat nearly every other FF game between that and 10 without having to grind at all.

6,7, or 9
Or tactics

kys

Play 9, mate

I never get tired of that one

Am I the only one noticing that this is a painting by Hitler?

American 2/Japanese 4
Everything else is just wrong.

Play X but then do nothing but play blitzball

2, 5, or 6.

fuck yeah

Blitzball so fucking whack. Worst mini game in all FF’s

it was better than not triple triad from 9

Tactics. Do some kind of a fun run. Some me and friends did back in the day:

>Solo Ramza. After first battle, just Ramza. Delete all party members. Guests only.

>Pimp Ramza. All party members must be female and dancers.

>Pokemon. All party members must be tamed monsters.

>Permadeath. Never rez Ko'd party members. No restarts unless failed battles.

Chocobo racing is the correct answer

9 is the best version of the traditional final fantasy experience

10 is where they started being more linear

12 is a streamlined MMO

13 is super linear and really dull

if you like traditional rpgs done well then 9 is your boy, 7's great if you like dystopia, i think 10 is the best all round experience but i played them all since 4 so i dunno

8 is solid. great story. cool mechanics
9's aight, nothing particularly interesting mechanics wise
10 has a good story, fun.
1, 2, 3 are too much grinding
4, 5, 6 are all good.
7 is overrated but fine.

i vote for 8

That was my first one.

Nah. It's a pain in the ass getting started but once you get good at it it's actually kinda fun.

The best Final Fantasy game is Chrono Trigger.

12 an MMO? I think you mean 11...

5, play 5

10 and 6 aren't a thing and 7 is a mobile game

Scalable enemies ruin 8 imo

prob the only person in this topic that is actually qualified to comment on this, considering i've been playing video games since my brain started keeping memories. Most of the people in this topic are the same fags that acted like they didn't know what video games or the internet were in the late 90's, then once they both became mainstream they acted like they were there from the start. Yeah bullshit.

Anyway, it's like this

1. crap, but only b/c of time. everything sucks if it's old enough. the remakes fix some of these problems but honestly there's no point in playing this one nowadays unless you want to see what it was like back then

2. same thing as 1 although i actually enjoyed the unique leveling mechanic. but let's be honest, it was executed poorly, just like the magic system, and the whole game is meh

3. Again, same as the other two but I never actually played this weeb trash. Looks fucking gay as fuck anyway.

4. First one I played (I played the censored FF2 version though) and I used to think it was awesome till I tried to replay it recently, like a few weeks ago. It has not aged well, and the GBA version is actually worse b/c it's buggy and runs like shit. All in all, this one suffers from the same problems the first 3 do in that the later games do everything they do but better. Still, FF4 is all right, all things considered, certainly the best one up to this point.

5. this is hands down the worst final fantasy in the series, at least until 11 when final fantasy became something else entirely. I don't know why people like this fucking game. It's fucking awful. I've tried to play it 2-3 times and hated it every time. I finally beat it once on an emulator but I abused cheats to do it and I can't remember shit. I literally can't remember shit about this game other than a few moments. It's absolutely fucking terrible. The job system is fucking stupid, the characters are worse and the whole thing is just a fucking mess of an experience. Stay away.

cont

kek

definitely had what i consider the best plot but nostalgia goggles hit me hard on it since i played it at release and there was nothing better

3(us) was slightly more fun

6. Masterpiece, enough said.

7. Masterpiece, albeit overrated a little.

8. Masterpiece, most criminally underrated title in the series b/c normies don't know what quality is. It's not perfect but it's the best one out of all the real FFs (which are 1-10 and possibly tactics) and it's my all-time favorite.

9. Overrated weeaboo garbage. Like 4, I actually liked this one, but unlike 4 I didn't love it. However, just like 4 I tried to replay it again recently and realized that it's just garbage. I'd still give it about a 6 out of 10 but it's just not that good imo. It's very polished, at least--the music is dope and everything seems like a lot of money was thrown at it, but the story, characters and slow-as-fuck buggy battle system can get fucked. Also, you can't go 4 games in a row with great character customization only to throw it completely out the window in the next title. Trash.

10. Masterpiece. I still like FF8 more but I have to say that 10 is probably the most "final" of the final fantasies b/c it's just so grand, man. Graphics, sound, battle system, characters, story...it's the penultimate FF experience, despite being so linear. Unlike 13, though, it does linearity correctly.

11. MMORPG weeb trash, enough said. This is where FF died officially

12. Never played it, tried to once on an emulator and it crashed and I was like who cares lol. Looks dumb and you can't name any of the characters. Pass.

13. i don't even have to talk about this one

14. More MMORPG trash. Played it, didn't like it. Pass

15. haven't played it, prob disappointing as a FF game but as a game on its own it looks promising

I'd stick with 6, 7, 8 or 10 if you want a good game. Tactics is all right too.

not bad summary, nice dubs

tactics makes me want to play ogre battle and ogre battle makes me want to play tactics

Fags not having a NES still hooked up to the TV with the original final fantasy inserted and ready to go

XV is good, man. Actually really good.

If you have not played a single Final Fantasy before I say play 4. Then 6.

His fucking name is Butts, jsut shut up

jafeoiraaefjigra;oji not goddamn going through the actual names in final fantasy 9

Bartz

NO
HIS NAME IS BUTTS
HE SLAPS HIS ASS IN A HARBOR
HE'S HOMR'S SON FROM ADVENTURES OF MANA

the warriors of light have names too

Farris is a tranny pirate

Lenia or whatever her name is is actual name is Renya, which ahs to do with enjoying entertainment

It's something like they chopped their dick off and tried to cook it/eat it before they died, and there are 2-4 responses

Or not I can't remember, I just noticed that

Actually, nevermind that's kind of a stretch I think

Play the Guided Fate Paradox

3 or 7

fucking... windows update and I lost my notes
only thing I've ever written down, too

3 is weeb trash? Your a faggot the game is awesome.

What the fuck is an "onion knight"? That's the dumbest fucking shit ever. That game is garbo and you're garbo for liking it, fag.

Like the guy said earlier, 6,7,8,10 that is truly the best experience. I am about 36 hours into a ff9 replay, and it just doesn't match up. It's not bad by any means, it's just not on the same level as 6, 7, 8, and 10. Take away nostalgia factor, you could probably take 6 out of the equation. If you want a more traditional game, take 10 out. Truthfully, it is 7 or 8.

First of all, I checked them.

Secondly, onion knight is an old term that contrasts the nobility of the knight with a food that represents poverty like onions. A low class warrior. Someone weak not meant to be taken seriously.

Which is why it is awesome when it ends up being the strongest in the end.

Okay, kid, be that way, I'll play along: why was FF3 the last one in the mainline series to be brought over to the west? Hell, fucking Mystic Quest predated it by at least a decade.

Wanna know the answer? You already know it, but I just love rubbing salt into open wounds that I, myself, inflicted, nyuck-nyuck-nyuck. It's because Final Fantasy 3 fucking sucks, kid. It's garbo. Just like 5 and 13.

Holy shit is this a cringe thread?

fight me you little bitch

That's no way to get good boy points

play the GBA or PSP one. the original game whiffs the space of a defeated enemy instead of auto targetting another. it's really fucking annoying like holy shit.