This car soon comes into production. Will you buy one?

This car soon comes into production. Will you buy one?

No because I don't have a pilots license you fucking moron.

But you can get one?

For $400k fuck no. These things aren't going anywhere until they're as affordable as a regular car and you don't need a pilot's license to fly one. This car fails on both of these and therefore won't go anywhere.

Also lol at them advertising themselves as the "first" flying car. Flying cars have been around since the 1970s but never took off because of costs and licensing requirements.

It's really easy to get on of those licenses and also, you can get a bank loan these days in no time. Then, you can make a business with taxiing people around for high price. Your investment would pay off real soon.

You don't need a license for an experimental aircraft

No it wouldn't.

You can make a 1K dollars per day for sure. You would pay off your investment in a 2 years max.

NTSB is going to be busy if these are released.

That is a fucking gyroplane, not a flying car. This is the same shit the dude in Road Warrior flew..just with a body on it.

If it's in production it's not experimental

Most people cant even drive a 4 wheeled vehicle, even with all the safety features.. How is this gonna work

First of all, if engine fails, there's a mechanism that drive the car slowly to the ground. Second, to avoid air collisions, it's possible to synchronize them all through GPS system. And if any of them is in a collision course, the automatic pilot kicks in. It's more safety than conventional cars.

>autorotation
does not bring you down safely, just slower and must be well controlled by the pilot to work correctly. still wont be of any use, if it happens over a city or water. Also it should be weaker and less ontrolable in a fixed blade gyrocopter compared to a helicopter.

>GPS
that system does not exist and is still a challenge to implement fully

Well you can order a parachute as an additional gear.

>that system does not exist...
Yes it does. F 22 Raptor has it.

happy parachuting out of a gyrocopter.
and happy uncontrolled crash of said gyrocopter into a city.
parachutes are still a problem over water, trees and cities.

It may exist for a F22 Raptor price. It would need to exist for all airplanes to be of any use.

cant you hear the price rising and rising?

They will never be efficient enought to make the cut. Keep in mind that it has to hold the car up aswell, according to some rough calculations you'd have to constantly spend the fuel equivalent of driving 100km/h just to keep the car in place. That doesn't even include obvious safety problems, and all those thousands of problems that come with flying.
>what is a helicopter and why don't all people fly one?

I meant a parachute inside the car. The car automatically activates parachute in case of any accident.

its not even a helicopter but a gyrocopter

Well whatever, helicopter is a better term than "flying car" - isn't it?

you mean like the Icon A5?

The maximum range with two passengers and luggage is 400 km. Empty over 500 km. That's good enough.

both equally inaccurate

Yes yes man! That's it.

You might aswell drive a tank to work because it may have a similar degree of efficiency if "that's good enought".

lmao no that looks fucking pathetic just like the monkey human race trying to play scifi.

absolutely fucking ridiculous, what about flight paths ?
people would have cars crashing into their houses?
also I don't have a pilots licence you retard

The only question is, can it lift an average weight American?

I prefer the paramotor dune buggy. It's like an air boat of the skies.

Plus the maintenance of a helicopter? Forget about it.

hahahahahahahahs kek

then get an Icon A5...

back to your gyrocopter-car:
Does it come with said GPS safety system?
Does it come with said parachute system?

further problems about the parachute system:
it wont work unless you blow off the blades first, which then go flying into people on the ground. viable for army helicopters but not civil aviation. this wont be allowed.

also: you have more control over a gliding, autorotating gyrocopter than one falling suspended from a parachute, which gives you no control at all and will just get you blown around by the wind.

there is a reason most aircraft dont have build in parachutes. in neary all cases a pilot controlled landing is preferred

>car

It's a fucking helicopter.

Oops, didn't initially notice the prop on the back. Regardless, it's not a fucking "car".

gyrocopters can not hover like helicopters

>blades
Well you don't have to cut off the blades. The blades are blocked and they are not rotating. Or better yet, you just tell the manufacturer that you want your blades to be cut off but tied with a strong rope so they don't fall off on somebody. Easy.

are you 12?