The strain

Seriously I hate this fucking kid. So close to dropping it just because of him

>omg dad you killed my mom who was about to murder you and has tried to kill me already
>Let me set off a nuclear bomb killing tons of innocents in a rage

What the fuck, this fucking kid. I've seen annoying child characters before, but this guy takes the piss. I hope he gets drained alive

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Orh3Vr7Q5yY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is he /our guy/

I'd love to nuke New York

The first kid that played Zack didn't bother me at all, I hated when they replaced him with this little shit. Between his demeanor and his stupid fucking face I want to punt him across the room.

>kids sets of a nuke because vampire mommy gets killed by dad
>op hates him

no shit, really?

the entire show is shit. started off with an interesting premise then turned into a soap opera.

He's the embodiment of the MGTOW movement. He needs to be aborted asap.

Do you guys think that he would've done the same if his mom got the upper hand and took out Eph?

I am sad we didn't see the nuclear war starting. They could have shown the fucking missiles going out in Kansas at least. Fuck.

I had the same feeling when reading the books years ago, but goddamn did the show make him somehow even worse.

Dropped it during the first season.

>I hated when they replaced him with this little shit.
But he was replaced -because- he didn't look like a little shit enough.

>tfw dropped it sometime in season 2 because of that kid
but also because of every other character really, except maybe for the old jew and the nazi vampire.

Quinlan is best character and if it weren't for him I'd probably of dropped the show by now.

The little fuck should have been aborted.
>Her mum just had him to collect alimony and get the house.

this is a perfect example of "we'll have the kid blow up the bomb if ratings are good this season. if they aren't then we can have a happy ending with them reunited"

only better example of jew writing is lost

Quinlan hands down is the fucking GOAT character.

I stopped rooting for the Dr. Faggot the minute he cucked the exterminator. (And on top of that, he got that other chicked infected as well) The Jew and Quinlan are the only non-faggots left on this show. Literally everyone else can fucking die in a fire for all I care.

I finished the first season of this show and thought it was alright. Does the second season really go to shit that bad?

So how the fuck did a tac nuke cause a solar eclipse?

I dropped season 2, and half of the reason was this fucking shit kid.

His personality is completely different from season 1 and he looks like the biggest fuckface ever.

No because he loved his mother. Remember that the kid was never close with Eph and the whole season 1 subplot was literally about how much of a shit father he was and season 2 was about trying to reconnect with his son but it was too little too late.

I don't think I've ever hated a character as much as this fucking kid. He's never done anything useful and has always been a retarded little shit whose sole purpose it is to ruin every episode he's in and get people killed because of his stupidity. I hate him so fucking goddamn much

Also, did the Master escape from the coffin? Did I miss something?

>that spoiler
did you watch the fucking end?

>she isn't hurt by the sunlight
>:((

Eichhorst wasn't hurt by sunlight when he was on the boat either.

Muh hat

Fuck are you talking about?

We get a nuclear wasteland final season.

Bumping because I'm watching the finale now and I've hated this kid for a while now. Can't wait to see what kind of stupid shit he pulls now

After all of the time spent with his dad hunting strigoi in the early seasons, and after all of the times that his life was endangered by those creatures he's going to start whining about how he believes that's still his "mom"? And then you get Nora killed over that bullshit? Kid is a retard

>Can't wait to see what kind of stupid shit he pulls now

oh man you have no clue

if you thought the kid was stupid before you're in for a surprise on his level of retardation in the finale

CURTIS LEMAY REBORN

But he's been brainwashed by his dead mom though, that counts as an excuse.

Well it's probably not enough of an excuse to set up a nuclear weapon but did he know exactly what it was?

eichorst shows him what's in the suitcase, so yes he knew what it was

>When your mom takes your xbox

Eichorst doesn't tell him it's a fucking tactical nuke though

>Eichhorst wasn't hurt by sunlight when he was on the boat either.
they've gotten pretty flexible with that rule over the seasons. Muh hat, not in direct sunlight, wearing makeup on all areas of exposed flesh.

You ever seen anything like that in a suitcase not being a bomb achmed?

I miss her already ;_;

You ever seen anything even remotely close to a nuclear bomb McDumbshit? How could he have known?

Plus all the seductive speeches of the Master through the mother's mouth, "being turned is a beautiful thing" etc.

He's a dumb kid but he was ignorant and brainwashed.

You open a briefcase and it doesn't have any briefs or the gold shine of the pulp fiction briefcase: its a bomb.

>Plus all the seductive speeches of the Master through the mother's mouth
That doesn't seem like how Kelly "worked" at all. Her enthusiasm for vampirism is her own.

Note on the pier she actually asks for permission to turn Ephraim and the Master denies her.

It's not a great show to begin with but this entire character and the culmination of this mommy arc is the worst writing I've seen in a long time. In the first season I was astonished at how they included a tolerable child character but then Zack turned into a plot device for doing something stupid every time shit needs to go down.

If they just wanted the nuke to go off so they can have another season of "ZOINKS the master's escaped again!" Scooby Doo shit (which is perfectly in line with the show's general quality) they could've done it in dozens of satisfactory ways involving for example Kelly, the strigoi kid or a master's clever ruse. I feel like I've been cheated out of the time spent watching this for three seasons and hope it's axed so I can read the retarded conclusion in a wiki (I heard it involves angels)

>I'd love to nuke New York
fpbp

There have been angels in the show since the first episode.

Point still stands though, how could he have known that bomb was a nuclear device?

The more I think about it the more this kid pisses me off though.
>throw a fit
>destroy a city
Had it even been a small bomb what kind of piece of shit does that?

Yes, but isn't she a vessel to the Master's will?

The fourth and final season is next year

And I expect the Angel subplot to be dropped, a lot of events and backstory in the show are dramatically different - for instance Nora survives the whole series and lives happily ever after with Fet, Angel dies like a boss in a fist fight with the Master where everyone is astonished that he actually hit the fucker hard enough to do damage, Eichorst and Setrakian kill each other at the exact moment the nuke goes off, there's nothing about a red "master worm" and incinerating the physical body of an Ancient One wouldn't kill them at all, the Dutch character and the elite whole Mayor Ferraldo subplot are 100% show OC, etc.

Because when someone shows you electronics in a briefcase it is a bomb. Why wont you get this. The only difference in their world is vampires dont exist as pop culture. Every other thing culturally is the same.

A tv child, usually when kids are exposed to death and destruction they either break down and stop functioning or they man up they don't throw hissy fits and act retarded constantly.

The mayor stuff was pretty good but from what you said the books sound way better as usual

Vampires on this show seem relatively independent until the red eyes ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL kicks in

I know that no one on The Master's family tree (except for Quinlan but he hardly counts) could directly defy him without being instantly shut down but Eichorst and Kelly and the Nazi guy that got dismembered all seem... welcome to their own viewpoints. Like the Master hardly bothers to "control" them because he trusts them.

You don't get my question at all, which was: had he known the bomb (which he knew was a bomb I'm not debating you on this) was a nuclear device would he still have set it off??

I don't think so, but whatever

Yup, the thing that left me confused was that in the same episode he's got a huge window of opportunity to leave and he doesn't.

But from my point of view he's totally sheltered by both his father and his dead mother... So it could be justifiable to throw fits. Not set off a fucking bomb though

Yeah you're probably right on this.

And some moments where the Master takes control were so fucking creepy. Like when Eph and Dutch are trying to steal a cab and out of nowhere this ugly vampire's got red eyes and a deep voice. Almost scary.

The show cut the worst subplot in the book

Nora's Alzheimer's ridden mother survived almost to the end, it was her fault Zach got captured by Kelly in the subway (Nora tried to hide Zach and chase her mother who had wandered off instead of the fight scene in the show), and eventually the mother is held hostage in a concentration camp to force Nora to give sexual favors to Ephraim's CDC boss (who also died way earlier in the series when Ephraim threw him off a train)

I'm not adequately capturing in this post how fuck awful Nora's mother was. Every time they were hiding she would try to walk out in the open, every time they were quiet she would start loudly complaining. The show had the courtesy to murder her early.

Also the space station subplot seems cut since we should have at least glimpsed it by now but that's a double edged sword because it was both the dumbest and the most amazing scene in the whole series. A talking dog was involved. I'm not kidding.

His character was logical and level headed until the re-cast though, he just turnt in to a retarded little shit out of nowhere

Master Palmer is hilariously terrible though

Which is doubly weird because Palmer has been a quite serviceable actor until now.

Yup that's too bad because the Master was creepy as hell.

Her mother was awful for the small time she was in the show so I can imagine how much worse it could have been. I probably would have dropped the show if that subplot was in it still

It doesn't matter whether it's plausible or realistic that kids are retarded or he thought the bomb was perhaps a CD player - it'd also have been PLAUSIBLE that the master escaped because Dutch had menstrual cramps and couldn't activate the jammer but it's equally unsatisfactory writing
He's Van Pelt from Jumanji and I could never unsee it

>Eichorst is grievously wounded in the street, sobbing out "Master"
>a punk tries to cut his head off
>one of the vampire marines shoots the guy and scoops Eichorst up to carry him to safety
>it's only revealed afterwards that particular marine IS the Master
>he tells Eichorst "I need you now more than ever"
Was this meant to be as feels inducing as it was?

I found it so satisfying to see Eichorst's devotion reciprocated for the first time in the series and frankly the first time the Master ever said or did ANYTHING that wasn't 100% sadistic edgelord nonsense.

Oh shit you're good.

I might add the score is quite good. You know the dramatic one.

He's stupid. Get over it.

>recast Zach for a more emotional role
>audience gets nothing but the emotion of rage from the nuZach
bravo taco

Eichorst is the most sympathetic character with zero redeeming qualities I've ever seen. It's uncanny.

Eichorst is the master the way he does all the heavy lifting.

Just finished it.

Wow.

Retarded doesn't even begin to cover this kid anymore. It's not even anger at the character at this point; I'm legitimately astonished by just how stupid he is. Your reaction to your dad murdering your zombie """""""""" mom """""""""" when she attacked him first is to set off a fucking NUCLEAR BOMB IN NEW YORK? WHAT?!

I didn't think he could get any dumber. I really didn't. After everything he had been through and seen in the early seasons, I already found him unrealistically stupid for thinking that his mom was still conscious inside the strigoi. This, however, is just on a whole other level.

And then they still have the balls to end the episode with Eph emotionally crying out for his son, as if anyone gives a fuck about that little retard anymore.

>Was this meant to be as feels inducing as it was?

Yes.

A running theme this season has been doubt as to whether The Master cares for Eichorst as much as Eichorst cares for The Master. This is a point that is driven home by Eldritch several times when he taunts Eichorst.

Then you also have him losing his hand and finally getting shot up after having plot armor bullet-dodging abilities up until now. Things just haven't been going well for Eichorst this season, but that moment was meant to show that The Master really does care about him. I thought it was really well done tbqh, and
is 100% right, they've done a great job with his character, especially given his history

>sympathetic for a 100 year old nazi that got his love interest from the 30's killed
>then tries to rape dutch with his tentacle dick
>psycho with a soundproof torture room
>kills people left and right for no reason

>for no reason

I personally loved how they handled Eichorst backstory (I think in season 2? Can't recall). Like, he was just an ordinary man who felt he didn't have a purpose. He always wanted to be part of something bigger, to have a purpose. It was a struck of luck that he stumbled into a Nazi party propagandist, but he could as well have been a Jesuit if he had stumbled into an equally good speech by a Jesuit? Who knows.

And then after Hitler failed to deliver what he promised, and he found the Master, that part of him that always wanted to be part of something bigger got hooked.

Yes. Why did he pick that guy up and impale him on a hook for example?

He left a 1 star review on Eichorst's yelp page.

To demonstrate to the street shitter he means business

>Are you saying that, in your opinion, there is no notable difference between a person and a bag of sand?

>implying this was a bad thing

sounds really comic bookish. If they followed comic books like walking dead and the strain by the letter we have really goofy cheesy shit tv shows.

You're right. We should deviate from the source material where possible. Look at GoT and tell me that system doesn't work better.

Reminds me of this whole meme
youtube.com/watch?v=Orh3Vr7Q5yY

>4 years

some stuff doesnt work. The Dog a grown ass man that is murdering scrum opening up to sansa and talking about his feels simply looks wrong irl situation, on the screen television. If all writing translated well we be seeing netflix originals of sonic the hedgehog and gay wwe fan fiction

Dropped this shit show

it went from interesting to some fucking lol so fanny pop culture soap opera NCIS shit show

i really want to see how they end it on the tv show after using the nuke

>The only difference in their world is vampires dont exist as pop culture
They do though, we even see bits Angel's vampire fighting luchadore movie, and the Roman guy says "Stryx" have curved fangs and capes.

It's been a long time but I also vaguely recall Eph mocking Setrakian's claim that they're vampires along those lines too.

>And some moments where the Master takes control were so fucking creepy
My favourite bit is when Eichorst is crying over the corpse of the original Master and the Bolivar master does something to him that makes him stand up and turn around all twitchy.

No, just the kid is annoying

i'd never hated a kid in a tv show more than this
and that was before he let off the nuke

he literally witnessed him mum feeding on some innocent child, and his dad only killed her in self defense

almost expected the faster to embrace him after healing his wounds

>no more mommy-lust scenes

;_;

ive hated this kid since the beginning

literally Carl al over again

Yeah I don't get why everybody says it's shit. It's not a masterpiece but at least it's enjoyable.

People enjoy way more shitty shows after all. Like TWD

this

Quinlan is based

also I miss old Palmer

and Eichorst is pretty based

but holy shit Zach ruins the entire show for me

I hate him so fucking much

Why does everyone act like NEUW YOURK represents the entire human race? Its just 1 (big) city.

How the fuck is the government and industry not shitting out silver, UV and flamethrowers at WW2 levels of production by now, no amount of just-turn-off-the-internet/corrupt people is gonna stop the knowledge that monsters are running around threatening the entire human race

Why didn't the master just turn and possess Palmer in the first place, Eichhorst passes for human easily and walks around in the day no problem

Why doesn't the police HQ have UV lamps?

because its a tv show its not real dude XD

>like NEUW YOURK represents the entire human race
It's an American tv show, they tend to do that in a heavily manner.

And Eichhorst is way younger than the Master and much more human. Cunning as well.
The Master and the Ancients have lost a lot, if not all, of their humanity.

Why do all TV kids have this kind of shitty hairdo?

You'd think the fact that no blood came out and only that white stuff would send him yet another message that his mom ain't human anymore. Not even mentioning the giant worm sucker thing she constantly shoots out

Imagine a blowjob from that thing, deepthroating the sucker appendage aww yesss

He doesn't care he refuses to face reality, she puts on makeup and talks like his mom and strokes his hair and that's all he needs.

Eph showed him their true form and he refused to listen, and eph even tried numerous times to see if there was a cure and all the little faggot could say was YOU DIDN'T TRY HARD ENOUGH!

Eph killing him in S4 will be glorious

terribly written character. anyone know if hes this terribly written in the book?

>Eph killing him in S4 will be glorious

Do you want me to spoil it for you?

>Do you want me to spoil it for you?

I don't know how you could, the show is so far from the books at this point.

Not at all. The main storyline is intact.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Eph kills Zack by actually he does not, Zack becomes the Master's apprentice, but redeems himself by betraying him at the end. Zack lives and is the hero, deal with it