If no one has ever been there and you can't even get close to it...

If no one has ever been there and you can't even get close to it, how do they know the sun is 93 million miles from earth, how hot it gets, and what it's made of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GSVv40M2aks
youtu.be/aEpTy-6BtyM
youtu.be/W4GKf623Exk
space.com/17081-how-far-is-earth-from-the-sun.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck all those questions just build the dyson sphere and transfer our conciousnesses into computers powered from it ez gg

>>I'm too fucking retarded to understand
>>therefor any bullshit I can imagine is a good replacement for accurate science

99% of americunts and other "conspiracy" theorists.

You may be dog-fucker level retarded, but that doesn't stop facts being facts.
you probably also think nibiru is going to "totally crash into earth next month guise despite thuh fact u can't see it in the sky but it's TOTALLY OUT THERE GUISE"

Lasers, SOHO satellite, emission spectra

Because: science

Because trigonometry
Triangles have rules that are constant

Facts come from evidence. What evidence is there that shows exactly what the sun is made from and how hot it truly gets? Show evidence to support the "facts". Other than that, your "facts" are no different from someone's biblical beliefs.

So science can tell you something about something that's 93 million miles away but can't tell you about what's actually at the center of the planet we live on?

See molecules interact with specific wavelengths of light. By Breaking light up into its individual wavelengths(colors) you can see where the light has been absorbed or shifts in normal emissions

That's how they determine the miles from earth?

Once we learned how far away the moon is from earth, we can use simple trig to calculate the distance between earth and the sun.
It's simple math

What it's made from is based on the color spectrum it radiates. Different elements give off different light wavelengths when burnt.
Knowing the distance and the makeup, we can judge from the light intensity how much heat is being produced.

Shit tier troll.
Ignore this faggot and abandon thread

It's made from about 100 billion lions

Take light from sun, focus some it on to a prism or grating system, the prism or grating system splits the light in to its wavelengths, use a filter to capture light of specific wavelengths, scan all wavelengths. Measure light intensity

But just because it's burning one way on its surface doesn't mean it's burning that way below its surface. It could have an entirely different make up at its core than for what it emits.

Produce answers or go away

>burning
>in space
Kek, I see why you are confused by anything space related

The sun isn't even burning

youtu.be/GSVv40M2aks

Because we've launched instruments to measure the sun, you btard. We've had two stereoscopes circling that motherfucker for years now.

youtu.be/aEpTy-6BtyM

But we know what is at the centre of earth. Iron.

Sorry, meant to reply to Op.

It's a ball of very dense hydrogen plasma. It's virtually identical at the core as it is at the surface... just less dense

>asks Sup Forums about something that google can answer

You understand that's a figure of speech right? Never heard anyone refer to the sun as burning until now? Damaged skin from the sun is still called sunburn isn't it?

Because they went at night time.

>dog-fucker
That would be canadians, not burgermutts

Radiation and math.

So I'm just like any other faggot on here then is what you're saying?

>believes self to be smart
>belittles others for asking questions
Pick one faggot. Op is asking questions, not claiming contemporary science to be wrong. If you don't respect the fact that everything must and can be questioned then you don't respect science and you are no better than the people you feel superior to. Protip: you're not.

>your "facts" are no different from someone's biblical beliefs
Only in America

The light comes from the core, not the surface

I've given answers, you either ignore them, or respond irrelvently, which is the common tactic of a shitty troll

Electrons can take millions of years to escape the core and get out into space. Then it's a quick 8 minutes to blast into and/or right past the Earth.

Neutrinos, they are a biproduct of fusion of H to He

Photons, you mean photons user

How would you get light from the core before you got it from the surface? The earth can barely withstand the heat from the surface so it would seem if the was giving the earth direct light everyone would be blind or incinerated.

Great. Leave.

>it would seem

See those funny looking "Y's" they are Greek letters that represent emission of light during the reaction. This fusion reaction happens in the sun core

youtu.be/W4GKf623Exk

How do they measure distance of the sun? I thought about lasers ok but since i assume the star just swallows the laserbeam there is nothing to measure as no light from the beam gets reflected. So how do they know or is it just mathematics?

science

It's around 11 years, not millions

Just mathematics

And experience. They have sent sattelites to orbit it

How would you get light from the filament of a lightglobe before you got it from the surface?

Shit tier troll

Your google must be broken
Let me help you

space.com/17081-how-far-is-earth-from-the-sun.html

So you don't want people to give answers to your questions?
That's why your a shit troll man.
You attempted to troll with a topic that has direct and simple answers.
The longer you keep going the dumber you make yourself appear.
Soon your only option will be to announce you were just pretending to be retarded, and claim that makes your trolling successful...
It doesnt

Trigonometry, as was already explained.

What if the star super novas

The sun doesn't have a transparent piece of glass surrounding its core like a light bulb does.

I'm sorry, I meant lightglobe.

No enough mass

You spelled you're wrong

I don't trust NASA. Bunch of faggots faked the moon landing and there is even video evidence of them faking a mission to the moon by using camera tricks to make the earth seem small and distant, but were in fact in low orbit

You dumb faggots are roasting op but you can't even call out today's "top scientists" for neglecting the obvious fact that the moon missions were faked

They sent rovers to mars but nasa has not made everything they found there public

>video evidence of them faking a mission to the moon
sauce plz

sauce plz

Someone is mad their parent didn't send them to space camp

>If no one has ever been there and you can't even get close to it, how do they know the sun is 93 million miles from earth, how hot it gets, and what it's made of?
Fuck off, retard. Pay more attention in school.

How did the laser reflectors get on the moon, then?

Mars is just rocks and dirt

What do you think they found?

Exactly
Light can't pass thru something solid

Anyway. Its amazing what humans can achieve. I mean white people. Too bad that mankind goes down the shitter with undeveloped sub sahara african people who breed like crickets and flock into advanced civilizations. The black man hasnt achieved anything and more and more black DNA gets into the white genepool. How does that make you feel?

Not at the energies in a fusion reactor a million times the size of Earth can, anyway.

/sarc

implying the matter on the surface isnt hot enough to produce light.

You are dumb as fuck.
I guess the sun is a fusion reactor surround by layers of magical candy or something?
>SHIT TIER TROLL

I thought everyone knew the answer to that

I don't remember the source. There was several articles about the rovers finding buildings, like ancient temples, and some statue esque artifacts.

*your

Aka I'm making it up

>there were several articles.
On /x/?

They measured it, dipshit.

"In 1943, NASA Chief Astronaut, Buzz Aldrin, was launched on a Falcon 2 BFR on a mission to place a ceramic-tipped tape measure as close to the Sun as possible. He managed to get within 1 mile of the surface of the Sun, before returning to his spaceship, nicknamed "Sputnik" after his pet Russian Terrier. His ship returned to earth, trailing the tape measure behind, as the ceramic tip was coated with a Magnet which held it next to the Sun. When he reached Earth, he landed in Quito, Ecuador as it is on the equator, and read the measurement live on color TV to famed broadcaster, Walter Cronkite, thereby proving that the Sun is exactly 93 million miles from Earth."

Source: Wikipedia Commons buzz-measured-the-sun-oh-wow-it-was-hot-he-said.org

Nope

>oh no...
>I was so stuoid I thought my poor attempt at a troll thread would lead to controversy
>turns out I was a retard and the answers and solutions are actually common knowledge.
>better switch to conspiracy theories

The best part is, it's plausible to the unthinking.

Oh, and checked.

Rollin'.

> There was several articles about the rovers finding buildings, like ancient temples, and some statue esque artifacts.

you do know that there's a difference between scientific reports and journals, and science fiction?

We flew there from the dark side, it's much cooler on the other side. We could even walk to the border of light and darkness, great trip.

Most accurate explanation

The "matter" on the surface is 4th stage matter.
Your not even worth laughing at at this point.

Like everyone on here keeps saying, you can Google it. NASA also does not disclose the several ufo's they see or the transmissions from space they receive. And ufo doesn't mean aliens, it means a flying object that is unidentifiable.

Ive seen 5 side pyramids on Mars. I have visions of ancient ruins below Mars surface. And definitely the Mars face is NOT a natural occurrence. Look at the shape of that mountain its clearly made by intelligent lifeforms.

Commonly known as "plasma".

It constantly amazes me that people think plasma, antimatter, black holes, etc. aren't real things, despite bumping into every single one (except black holes, unless you regularly pass by CERN or something) in their regular lives.

>Like everyone on here keeps saying, you can Google it.
They're saying that in relation to the wildly retarded things you are saying in a poor attempt at trolling.

>Commonly known as "plasma".
Yes... plasma, which is the 4th stage of matter

If you posted this on reddit eli5 they would actually answer this for you

And (often) "transmissions from space" are completely natural phenomena. There's a whole bunch of cool gadgets we have that work because of this: they're called "radio telescopes".

We know it's helium by analyse the absorption spectrum of his ligth. In fact we first identifie Helium on the Sun and we call it Helium for Helios. It's only after that we find helium on earth. How hot it get we know it with the black body theory (yes, the star are black bodies in physics). And finally for the distance we use a radar (the sun is a 8 minutes for the light so it takes 16 minutes to the ligth to go and to return to us). Sory for my english, I'm physisist but english isn't my first language.

You need attention badly huh? Are you happy when I reply to you? Will your next post say something about excrement, a level, and a creature from a childrens novel that lives under a bridge?

are you trying to say that 4th stage matter (aka plasma) is not matter?
exactly, why would you laugh at someone who is right.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid... that is if you can handle it...

> And definitely the Mars face is NOT a natural occurrence. Look at the shape of that mountain its clearly made by intelligent lifeforms.

Alternatively, you can use the HiRise satellite images, instead of 40-year-old low-res images, which show the same structure clearly, and without the raking light exaggerating all the shadows, and come to realise that the idea of a "face" on mars is nothing but your imagination and some wild fantasies, and the human brain's ability to anthropomorphise shapes that are slightly humanoid leading to a feeding frenzy of conspiracy theories.

As long as you display those traits, it's quite likely.
You actually described what you are doing extremely well just now.

You're just sad you can never eat the delicious sun candy

How does the sun burn with the complete lack of oxygen in "space"?

Due to the context he used the word matter in.
He was implying is was some solid or liquid substance that impedes the ability of light to pass through it, and at the same time suggesting the light actually cones from the surface rather than the core.

As explained multiple times... oh, just KYS user.

Nuclear fusion caused by the amount of mass the sun has and gravity.

No its not. You are wrong. Look at the shape of the mountain and its direction. Its just too perfect. Sure there could have been some erosion in the what? 100 millions of years Mars got abandoned? Intelligent lifeforms, maybe they were in a hurry or something that was their last masterpice. But any common sense is to use light and shadow to portray something that huge. I believe that it is artificially made. Ok lookslike one half had a big landslide but come on who knows what caused it? Maybe an impact of an asteroid.

is only joke

Ok