What are some bands that use only power chords?

What are some bands that use only power chords?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_(music)
justinguitar.com/en/BC-172-G5-powerchord.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i guess stuff like rammstein and deathstars is pretty much entirely power chords
why tho?

necrophagist

Alvvays

Literally any Jet song.

Or any song in pop punk.

are there any songs that are just one power chord

ac/dc although i guess they have open chords here and there

Nirvanas whole discography is just various arrangements of like 5 power chords

Reminder that power chords aren't actually chords

lots of black sabbath songs

nobody fucking cares fag

>makes a post about power chords
>posts a picture of a fucking barre chord
this is the state of Sup Forums
why do I even fucking bother with this website

Ramones

Johnny mostly played barre chords

He used barre chords too

Basically all Metal

The Who

I wanna be sedated by the ramones

basically any punk rock band ever

Green Day

>being this retarded
The middle finger isn't fretting any note fag

depends on the subgenre tho, a lot of bands play triads or more

>not barring a power chord to mute the unused notes

Mahavishnu Orchestra

not entirely true; they did a lot to popularize the power chord but pete townshend is a very proficient rhythm guitarist and his songs regularly feature open/barre/power chords. the song 'naked eye' is a good example of everything he usually does

they literally are chords. You must not know what a chord is you fucking dumbass

THINK OF A NUMBER
DIVIDE IT BY TWO

this is what rockists actually believe

>DAE SEMANTICS AMIRITE

a chord is any combination of notes sounding at the same time.That's literally what a chord is.

LMAO no

>unironically thinking this
im not even the guy you're replying to but damn

You need to re-check some theory bro

this is just wiki but
>Ottó Károlyi[12] writes that, "Two or more notes sounded simultaneously are known as a chord," though, since instances of any given note in different octaves may be taken as the same note, it is more precise for the purposes of analysis to speak of distinct pitch classes. Furthermore, as three notes are needed to define any common chord, three is often taken as the minimum number of notes that form a definite chord.[13] Hence Andrew Surmani, for example, (2004, p. 72) states, "When three or more notes are sounded together, the combination is called a chord." George T. Jones (1994, p. 43) agrees: "Two tones sounding together are usually termed an interval, while three or more tones are called a chord." According to Monath (1984, p. 37); "A chord is a combination of three or more tones sounded simultaneously," and the distances between the tones are called intervals. However sonorities of two pitches, or even single-note melodies, are commonly heard as implying chords.[14] A simple example of two notes being interpreted as a chord is when the root and third are played, but the fifth is omitted. In the key of C major, if the music comes to rest on the two notes G and B, most listeners will hear this as a G major chord.

so i guess either definition could be ok, especially as a chord progression with power chords would still imply the thirds

Andrew W.K.'s guitar parts are usually just power chords.

>asks question about power chord
>posts example of a barre chord
What the fuck are u doing.

it could just be a power chord where they're muting the top strings with the index finger

Von has 1 riff per song

type o negative, 69 eyes and those

It is a power chord, the middle finger is just hanging there

Nah he is definitively playing the major third. Plus nobody using academical left hand position ever played a power chord using it.

KISS

Scorpions except for their power ballads

Link Wray

Misfits.

I think you guys need to spend more time on the woodshed and get a job for lessons.

that sounds like something plebs who can't pick accurately do

Or people who need to play loudly, quickly or expressively? Constantly worrying about how far you pick, is a lot more convoluted than just relaxing your hand over the unplayed strings

Fairly sure the opening to Pinball Wizard is based around A, B and their sus4 variants.

Power chords, open chords, inverted chords, couple jazzy chords here an there.... not to mention some cool ass hybrid picked chords. Lot more to them than the radio hits.

holy fuck you're retarded

>people who need to play loudly, quickly or expressively
>expressively

Gay

Pretty much all Punk is Pop if you take the definition of Pop far enough.

It's not a power chord per se, but Tomorrow Never Knows is just one chord

Paperback Writer is two, every song on Remain in Light is one chord.

>t. Nig "Doesn't realize theyr hard rock trash and one if the most bring band ever. The only difference between their songs is they lost the edge after LTBR because the Nogs let Mutt produce like the Faggot they are" nog

You mean making pop edgy. Its for all the misfits and outsiders to feel like they belong

>implying Mutt produced Powerage
>implying they're not better than most shitty cock rock bands

not him but
>A chord, in music, is any harmonic set of pitches consisting of two or more (usually three) notes (also called "pitches") that are heard as if sounding simultaneously
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_(music)

you learn this in kindergarten

Literally every punk band ever

this

The Back In Black riff. The second half of it is open chords.

it looks like his middle finger is over the b or e strings if anything desu
also i guess this is the source of the pic
justinguitar.com/en/BC-172-G5-powerchord.php

have you ever listened to that song

how do i get good tone on my power chords

get a power chord pedal

nice try

sabotage

Black Sabbath is pretty nice, also most of Tony´s solos are a sweep of a pentatonic progression

cloud nothings

green day

Diet Cig?

misfits

are y'all retarded

AC/DC

thanks for posting this, I'm that guy and I just came back to see the replies I got.

Anyone arguing with this is just a pseudo intellectual trying to act smart by ignoring common knowledge and insisting their bullshit semantics are more important when they are meaningless. Like this guy