Really gets the ol' noggin joggin'

Really gets the ol' noggin joggin'

>yfw aston villa are a bigger club than lelsea

>PL Titles
>0

What did Liverpool mean by this?

wheres manchester city

CHAMPIONESSSS OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE

>only count records post-1992
>but for leagues let's count ancient leagues won in the 19th century

I'm sure next year will be "their year"

>18-0

>if liverpool win the prem it will be 18-1

ha!

>3 teams win all the leagues
>once every decade a Blackburn or Leicester or City happens
I thought this league was supposed to be competitive?

nevermind i'm stupid it would be 19-1

>muh history

we're making history, criminal

good effort

difference between league and pl?

>it's the most competetive league because the little teams never lie down against the big boys
>Gonde wins title by raping all the little teams
Rumination time

Why is the name change considered a turning point anyway? The format is the same

The clubs broke off and started a new league in 92. I think because of tv rights

>sunderland is a bigger club than city

It was the start of the true professional era. TV deals with massive money. Sure the players in the 80s made ok money but not retirement money. And now clubs could buy in foreign players and hire fulltime staff and build fancy training grounds.

But between 92 and the mid 2000s it was still relatively poor, the only team with big money was ManU

sky marketing

>Footballers before 92 weren't proffesionals

Really Joggins the Noggins

marketing + people who started watching football in 2005 and are too lazy to learn history

blatantly not what I said

>Figures cited in the official history of the PFA show that only eight players in England earned basic salaries of £50,000 per year in 1980-81, but this rose to 41 players by 1984-85 and steadily thereafter.

Most players from the 80s worked normal jobs when they retired.

Not really. They were vastly richer than ever before. Blackburn, Newcastle, Leeds, Arsenal, Liverpool all spent big money