TIL the scene at the Turtle Club happened to be filming on September 11, 2001...

TIL the scene at the Turtle Club happened to be filming on September 11, 2001. When word of the terrorist attacks reached the set, the cast and crew observed a moment of silence.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/waynes-world-how-mike-myers-436879
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf i love the Turtle Club now

>a moment
Nigger my school rolled a tv into the room and watched the news for the rest of the day

Checked

>tfw not turtley enough for the turtle club

Ya but you were just in school.

They had actual work to do.

>During the filming of the 2002 film Master of Disguise starring Dana Carney, the nation was all watching the horror of September 11th. During that day the movie was being filmed at the turtle club scene in which Dana Carney's character comically dresses as a turtle. The cast and crew were notified about the attack and watched in shock of the news footage from the studio. The director of the movie called for a moment of silence from everyone however Dana Carney was too busy in the makeup room; preparing for his role as a turtle. As he walked in the room he noticed everyone with their heads down while some had tears rolling down their faces. As they looked up to Carney he shouted out loud "AM I NOT TURTLEY ENOUGH FOR THE TURTLE CLUB! WAKA WAKA! The entire crew had a comedic laugh during this dark period of time. However this was unfortunately cut short when Data from Star Trek ripped out a huge fart that stank up the entire set. Silence fell again on everyone

>The entire crew had a comedic laugh during this dark period of time

Is MoD kino?

So did he and Myers have a falling out? It's weird that they stopped working together after Waynes World and then he made this blatant rip-off of Austin Powers.

Meyers got loaded after the Austin Powers' trilogy and Carvey did... this.

TIL Mike Myers is one of the most hated actors in Hollywood

hollywoodreporter.com/news/waynes-world-how-mike-myers-436879

>After all, Carvey and Spheeris both notoriously fell out with Myers despite the 1992 feel-good film's huge success. Myers blocked Spheeris from directing the 1993 sequel because she'd ignored his edit suggestions on the original (her cut already had tested well). And Carvey felt Myers later stole his Dr. Evil impression for Austin Powers, which supposedly was based on Carvey's goof on Lorne Michaels.

>my school rolled a tv into the room

I always find it fascinating people say this.
My grade school, junior high, and high school every classroom had TVs mounted on the wall.

You missed out

Not all of us have rich daddies.

But I went to public school in a small midwestern city

>drew carey saying "turtle turtle" has forever been seared into my memory thanks to advertising
>never even watched the shitty movie

>drew carey

w/e you know what i mean, they have very similar names

It was literally the highlight of the movie. The movie was that awful.

For some reason children absolutely loved him saying turtle turtle and he still gets asked by fans to do it to this day....

Wow I never knew that, TIL I guess

TIL When Dana Carvey auditioned for the role of Pistachio Disguisey in "The Master of Disguise" he only had $11 dollars to his name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that Jennifer Esposito bought was a car. Dana Carvey bought a hot dinner

So was The Love Guru karmic justice for Myers?

He also played a crazy pupeteer in Jack and Jill and did a voice for one character in Hotel Transylvania!