Put the dollar sign after the amount of money

Put the dollar sign after the amount of money.
Example: 100$

Why? We already put other units of measurement behind the amount. Also that's how we say it aloud
Example: 100km

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/rsa319ay
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

$100.53 is said aloud as "one hundred dollars and fifty-three cents". Putting the dollar sign on the cent side is silly.

Exactly. The french had this figured out ages ago.

*The whole world, but the USA ...

Most of Canada still does $100, I think everywhere outside of Quebec

Wow great argument.

Except that 100.53$ is also said aloud as "one hundred dollars and fifty-three cents".

The unit of measurement always comes after the number. That's how everything else works.
You don't say dollars 100. You say 100 dollars

quebec knows what's up

Doesn't England have it in front as well?

Exactly.

Then you need a new symbol for cents.

What? For once the USA isn't the retard kid on the block.

€50,-
50 EUR

$50,-
50 USD

£50,-
50 GBP

¢

Just think about what you wrote
€50 = Euro 50
$50 = Dollars 50

You don't. 5.17m is 5 meters and 17 centimeters. 1.5kg is 1 kilogram and 500 gram.

No you don't. The . signifies cents. You don't write $100.53¢.

So from now on we would need to write it as 100$53¢. That seems much less convenient that just keeping it the way it is.

From Latin syntax. "$10" means "solidi decem".

No, you write ¢10053 or $100,53.

We shold just write
and say "a hundred moneyz"

No. 5.17m is five point one seven meters. 5m17cm is five meters seventeen centimeter.

In front. You know what currency is first. For shit like speed measurement, it's not as important... Because there are less measurements of speed.

Cocks.

>using a comma instead of a period
Eurofag confirmed.

>€50,-
This has been showing up more and more as "50€'.

Oh, also, most of you cocks use a comma for the decimal point and vice versa. Absolutely stupid.

I just showed that the retard with his comment about "the whole world" made unsubstantiated claims, proving he is 12 and has never had to pay for anything in his life.

1) you know there is such a symbol, yes?

2) no you wouldn't. Not unless you're currently confused by $100.53 and wondering what those numbers after the decimal are

It is the superior and proper way, amerifag

Only in retard stores. Either you write €50,- or you write 50 EUR.

1) Yes, but nobody uses it that way.
2) Yes, you would. Otherwise you are being inconsistent.
Blatant lies.

>hurr durr
I bet you use MM-DD-YYYY format because 'wE d'OnT NEeD tO SAy ThE YeAR"

Do you say minute:hour?

Dubs of truth

nope, why would i?

This is where Amerifats lose all their credibility (that and still using imperial measurements).

And checked.

What the fuck

Because that's the entire argument for DD-MM-YYYY being better than MM-DD-YYYY.

HOLY SHIT.

The only proper way is YYYY-MM-DD

By that logic, it should really be
100$.53

No, i think you'll find that you are being inconsistent.

$100.53 is read as ""one hundred dollars and fifty-three cents"
You don't have to put the cents symbol on the end to know that the numbers after the decimal are cents. That's what the decimal signifies.

Unless you find yourself hopelessly lost when you see 60 km or 25 lb because the unit didn't precede the number then you have no argument

Are those things confusing for you?

Being an Americlap and hating MM/DD/YYYY is suffering. Everyone would either be confused as fuck whenever I wrote the date or tell me I'm doing it wrong

By that logic you're saying dollars 100

see

Strictly speaking, yes.

But DD/MM/YYYY is a good second choice. The former is big-endian, the latter is little-endian.

MM/DD/YYYY is simply fucked, like America itself.

Nope, I'm not the one arguing that the symbol should be after the number because "that is how it is read". The inconsistency applies to you and you alone.

I don't go to stores that use euros. I see the symbol used terminally in a lot of writing. Not just online but printed as well. I find it annoying just as you do, but all I can do is report the usage that I find.
Similarly, there is an increasing incidence of "AD" following the year and noon being expressed as 12:00PM.

The thing is, that I think that YYYY-MM-DD is the best, but if i dont write the year, it still should be MM-DD

12 hour clock vs 24 hour clock
go

Then how am i being inconsistent?

>he doesn't use ISO 8601
Just how shit are you, exactly?

24hrs
YYYY-MM-DD
50 EUR masterrace

The way that I already said. Try to keep up with the conversation.

Henry Fowler dealt with that issue more than a hundred years ago. He would put you in the "spell as you speak" camp.
>£/s/d

FUCKIT! WE WILL GO FULL METRIC SYSTEM WITH 10 HOUR DAYS AND 100 MINUTE HOURS WITH 100 SECOND MINUTES.

>km
kek
fuck off with your libtard units

>Earth's movement dislikes this

To be fair, ISO 8601 isn't absolutely complete.

That would be very nice, actually. We'd need to speed up the second though (100,000 seconds instead of 86,400).

Sorry dude. Following back all i can see is that you said i was being inconsistent.
In the interest of expediency and clear communication, please restate your case

for a simple watch it is enough 12 hours, but for stuff like planning a meeting or telling someone the time of meeting the 24h format is much clearer.

also, lbs
say libras or write p

my man

there is nothing so dumb that four channers won't argue about it

ISO makes a lot of sense. Much better than the way the Benedictines of Solesmes standardized plainchant.

But at least the goddamn eurofags would finally feel satisfied.

We can always redefine longitude.

fuck off back to plebbit and upboat your shitty content

I can lead a horse to water, but I can't make it drink. If you refuse to see what I clearly said, that's your problem.

i bet you're a flat earther

Wait, why does it?

Because it's not approved by ancient mexicans

which comes out the same.
which is the nice thing for metric.
doesn't work with retard units, so you won't get it

strawpoll.com/rsa319ay

Im a eurofag, but it would just cause a whole fucking disaster, we would have to adjust our whole life to it. Our inner clock would have to adjust to it, because would need to redefine the days of the week n shit I think ( if we want to do it properly)

>showing up
it is so like currency was invented, like 2000 years ago

you father smells of elderberries

lol. I'm specifically asking you to lead me to the water.
I'm not refusing to drink, i'm just not sure where you put the damn trough.

So please, repost why you think i'm being inconsistent so we can carry on.

Or of course, don't.
Up to you

No, they where snozzleberries. Get your berry-knowledge straight, nigga!

The Mayan Long Count is 2,880,000 days. Specially trained priests called "day-keepers" were needed because of the intricate calculations. ISO, on the other hand, is all about simplicity.

not using a swatch with 1000 ticks/day

Also this is kind of a dubs thread

No, like since the symbol for euro was invented.

>HUN
How's your wall treating you?

probably a rangers fan

Jesus Christ no.
MM/DD/YYYY
Is vastly superior to
DD/MM/YYYY
Both are inferior to
YYYY/MM/DD

Why? Because when you sort a list of values you want them in chronological order.
Take the following dates and sort them
June 27 1901
June 14 2007
May 25 1987
May 9 1932
December 1 2020

Would you rather it come up:
A)
1/12/2020
9/5/1932
14/6/2007
25/5/1987
27/6/1903

B)
5/9/1932
5/25/1987
6/14/2007
6/27/1903
12/1/2020

C)
1903/6/27
1932/5/9
1987/5/25
2007/6/14
2020/12/1

With five values B and C are close, but expanded to a hundred, C is vastly superior

27th of June, 1901

Kinda useless, our shitty government still brought in some sandniggers, and also they brainwash people thinking that Soros and basically everybody including the UN, EU, Brussels and the whole political opposition wants to fuck Hungary by bringing in millions of immigrants from Africa, and so Fidess needs people to vote for them so they can steal and destruct the country for another 4 years. Its just Sad.

and with franc, schilling (the austrian), mark, rubel, zloty and hundreds of others
they all had ""number unit".
like everything in science, to.
number-unit everywhere. like 1km, 1kg, 1N, 1°C, 1mol, 1cm3
i'm glad i don't live in retardland
also 24h ftw.
i agree dmy is not the optimal way, ymd would be better, though
and 24h basically is retarded, too, but dividing it in 2 parts and the weird 12am is midnight, while 11:59am is midday is braindead

Oh i see you're trouble.
But it's not inconsistent. It's consistent with the way amounts of money are read allowed.

$100 is read as 100 dollars and so is 100$
It's just that putting the $ at the end brings it in line with every other unit of measurement.

There's no need or reason to be adding symbols in between

>Take the following dates and sort them
I can't, they're in an insane order. Put them in a proper order: least significant to most significant (D/M/Y), or most significant to least significant (Y/M/D).

Currency is somewhat more than two thousand years old. King Midas of Phrygia is credited with the first recorded case of inflation. He clipped his own coins.
Before him, the Chinese were cash.

It is inconsistent. If your argument is "it should be after because that is how it is read aloud" then to be consistent you must insert the $ in between.

You must still work with far too many typewriters. Welcome to the digital age of superior data processing, pleb!

>Both are inferior to
>YYYY/MM/DD
All your photographs now fall into nice, orderly sequences. Thanks, ISO!

lol ok. I guess that is inconsistent in that way. But consistent with every other form of measurement

And three corns of barley laid end to end maketh an inch.

I do this. Because i think ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS, so, 100......$. That's the order we say.

People give me shit all the time.

yeah, and all had the unit after the number

Which is irrelevant.