Download a bunch of new albums

>download a bunch of new albums
>continue listening to favourite albums instead

delet this

I have this problem too lol. I guess familiarity is more comforting.

that's why i download one album at a time

>tfw you realize you've never enjoyed music

I've only said that I enjoy music because I wanted to appear more interesting 2bh

>add several albums to a list called: want to listen to these
>never listen to them

>friend gives me recommendations
>know they have good taste
>still don't check them out

I've been trying something lately because of this. I play something I know I like, at a lower volume, and something new like 60% higher. It takes some getting used to, but once you do it's pretty interesting. It's like, your attention can shift to one or the other intentionally, or you can let it drift. But either way, the two influence each other. It can give a new feeling to something you've heard many times, and help get through the boring parts of something you're not super into, but still want to give a chance to.

this post makes me very legitemently mad

WALT DISNEY

STEVE JOBS

i do this, and then when i do eventually listen to one of them it feels like i'm forcing myself to listen to it and i'm just doing it for sake of having listened to a new album, trading card style

I CALLED THE HEAD OF PAYLESS

Can relate
>add a fuck ton of albums I found from sharethreads to a spotify playlist called new stuff
>it's may
>listen to like 7 of them
>forget it in june
why does this always happen

fuck you're so right. afterwards it feels like i didn't even enjoy the album and I listen to it a few months by chance, and somehow I actually love it

*few months later

>download new albums
>still listen to old albums
>months pass
>start listening to new albums non stop
>download newer set of albums
And the cycle repeats. It usually sucks because when I start listening to the new albums the artists just finished a tour. It’s like god really doesn’t want me to see them

I do this because I have severe depression and don't enjoy anything anymore, so if I listen to some new music, not only I won't enjoy it, but it will also be forever ruined because I'll forever associate it with how I felt during the first listen.
So I kept downloading music hoping I would one day listen to it, but then stopped because I have no more hard drive space left (instead I just bookmark it in my browser).
I barely listen to a new album every 6 months right now, and even the music I already know is getting less and less playtime.

I'd ask for music for this feel, but I won't listenn to ot anyway, so there's no point.

I'm sorry, man. Maybe you could find some happy music that will change how you feel when you listen to it? Even if it's just for the length of the album.

>friend reccs me an album
>listen to it right away
>wow this is great!
>a week later stop listening to it
>months go by and still havent listened to it again

>listen to album once
>wow this is terrible
>listen again
>holy shit why is this so good

>download a band's most popular album
>constantly forget to listen to their other albums because you like that one album too much

>party with Itunes on shuffle
>"tf is this shit?"
>embarrassed.jpg

>Have music you downloaded so long ago that your tastes change and you don't give a fuck anymore

Thanks for the suggestion, but for some reason happy music just makes me angry (and depending on the lyrics, some times sad).
I like non-happy music because it's a sort of release, and it "resonates" with me.
I guess it's also the reason why I can easily make sad music, but I have to try super hard to even make a happy melody.

I appreciate your words. Wish you the best user

>fall in love with an album
>for years it's your go-to listen, over 1500 scrobbles on last.fm
>suddenly life changes
>you're not so depressed
>you're growing older
>you got new friends
>that album you loved is now just one in a group of many you've listened to time and time again
>you rarely listen to it now
>one day you check and it's no longer your most listened to album
I wish things didn't change Sup Forums, it's like I lost a friend

get off this board

Guess nothing new has peaked your interest then. That's totally fine and I wish you the best of luck in finding new music that does.

I relate to this one hard. It took me months to get into other Talking Heads albums besides the three I kept listening to.

is this autism? i don't even know what to call this

Ok, I'll do it

Just as I thought, I feel like a retard and couldn't pay attention to anything.

>new music comes out
>peep t a handful of songs at random on the album in 10-5 sec bursts
>if it sounds good listen to whole album in chronological order

>profit????????????

this isn't a problem that's why they're your favourites. you're checking out new music in the hope that something else will penetrate into your rotation of favourites

>song doesn't click until three years after originally downloading
Sometimes you have to wait for the right day

My favorite band was QOTSA. Loved their stuff, but it just doesn't really work for me anymore. They still have a place in my heart, but it's just like you said.
On the other hand I feel like that I enjoy my current favorite music more than I used to enjoy my old favorite music. So I guess it's worth it.

I have the opposite problem; I'm so addicted to novelty that I only listen to new music even though I have a hard drive full of music that I've enjoyed in the past

Takes me forever to go through music because when I like an album I'll usually listen to it I until i hate it (10-20 listens) before moving on

T H I S
Once you have identified what your musical taste is, no need to listen to the whole album before forming an opinion. You can save a LOT of time in this way, and expand your musical horizons faster.

this is some advanced autism dayum

stop doing this

I have the opposite problem. I haven't listened to most of my favorite albums in forever cause I'm constantly listening to new ones. Feels weird

>when you start to forget your old favorites
why is my memory so shitty? i don't want to forget those special moments

>new rapper comes out
>its shit
>new music released
>its just a shittier more boring version of their past stuff
>new single comes out
>its shit

why is music so shit right now senpai?

>listen to an album
>it gives you THOSE feels

>Been rotating between the same albums for months now
j..just get me something new

No. Do it yourself

I remember something really similar to this being posted a while ago.

>not going through dozens of new albums you don't like every day
It's tough work

>peaked