What message was this film trying to convey?

What message was this film trying to convey?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I7z8yQGRUzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fucking garbage film, holy shit did I not enjoy it.

It's half divulgation instead of pure drama/comedy/whatsoever. It's filmed as a fake documentary but it's actually a real documentary at most times.
LIterally some Economics 101 + How the housing market bubble collapsed for dummies.

That trash with big name actors is still trash

That kikes are bad news

shit taste

it's a way to explain what went down during the housing market without completely boring out stupid people and keeping their attention without confusing them, although I'm pretty sure some people are still confused
see so they use comedy, famous actors, editing etc

"Inside Job" was good
This was more entertaining I think

The Ryan Gosling Jenga scene is top tier
youtube.com/watch?v=I7z8yQGRUzM

I'm JACKED IM JACKED TO THE TITS

What was the point of portraying something and then saying it didn't happen and explaining how it actually happened?

This whole movie made me think "Why did they make a movie out of this?"

It wasn't interesting, and like 70% of it was just completely made up to try and make the story somewhat engaging and have some sort of plot.

dude 4th wall breaks lmao

Dont worry. Once you grow up and have a net worth more than the pizza rolls in your moms freezer you will understand why this topic is important

bankers aplenty should have been swinging from the lightposts

I didn't ask why it's important, I asked why they made some pop movie about it.

It wasn't interesting, it would have worked better as a documentary instead of an edgy "Woah crazy stuff happened, break it down for me Margot Robbie", while at the same time adding a bunch of phony nonsense to it to fluff it up to a full length film.

you have "Inside Job" for that
narrated my matt damon
it's pretty good watch it

I thought how stupid it was made it brilliant. In fact, some of my all time favorite movies are stupid movies. I think I might just be stupid.

it's meant to remind you how insignificant you are in the grand scale of things

There are already multiple high-budget docos dealing with the GFC. The idea behind TBS is to explain the housing crisis to idiots - aka the same people who were impacted the most.

I very much enjoyed this book
I couldnt make it halfway through the movie

The idiots are partially responsible for the crisis because they're the ones that signed the ridiculous mortgages.

If seeing their variable interest rate skyrocket didn't teach them that they're retarded, then I don't see how a movie blaming banks helped teach them anything.

Are you on the spectrum?

that wall street is fucked and gets away with it

this movie was very entertaining especially ryan gostling

and yeah I read the book too. Obviously it goes into more depth but it's still a character story

The autism spectrum? Everyone is on the autism spectrum, friendo.

I don't think I personally am very high on it, but I've never been tested.

Making insurance a way to gamble was a mistake.

This was Wolf of Wall Street on steroids

dude banking industry is shit lmao

For you

shut your fucking mouth

Reminder that this is a comdy movie

Where we really meant to believe that when they made millions from the crisis that they were all devastated.

Also Brad Pitts character was so stupid

Are you referring to the introduction of the young guys or when it says that laws were passed people want in jail etc?
In the latter if first shows what should have happened, in the first it "sums up" how they felt about the big guys in a better way than showing three different scenes, one with the one guy in the bar, one with them discussing it and a third with them being rejected by the the big banks. It's time economic.

not everyone in the industry is an unfeeling sociopath