Do non-Americans find the American west as fascinating as we do?

Do non-Americans find the American west as fascinating as we do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_the_Kelly_Gang
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah

no, it's pretty inane

I saw a trailer for this the other day.

Absolutely naf.

the bar owner is a cutie though

well
great basin is like my soul place

not really

Yes, but I'm bias. Grew up watching a lot of Wild West movies on TV.

This game offends me as a white nationalist.

It's an entirely fictional setting with little basis in historical fact (No shootouts, duels, relatively calm, not lawless lands, more puritanical than degenerate by far etc), but yeah sure, I find it interesting.

Also, horseback riding in RDR1 is great. Rockstar nailed the controls well.

Europeans have always enjoyed Cowboys and Indian shit.

another example

yes. in the 70's and 80's they would play westerns on tv. which is the reason why many korean movies reference old western movies

Since that's basically Mexican culture, no.

I'm sure it's all been romanticised to the max but it's interesting to see how lawless and shit (still interestingly shit) those parts of the US/Mexico once were.

There were a few shootouts.

yes, American Western films directed by italians in Spain are the best..

Yes, although we do have a similar thing in Australia with our whole bushranger era

>we do

My family settled the Southwest...it is weird that people have such a retarded culture-boner for us
That's bullshit and stupid as fuck and you know it, but don't let that stop you--Americans laugh their asses off at this major symptom of culture-envy and failed assimilation of Mexican-Americans

Where the fuck did you get that made-up information from?

Lol you could not be more wrong. That's literally a stupid thing to say, and I ain't talking shit.

lol

Well I grew up with spaghetti westerns, german-serb Vinetu and Jack London and O'Henry's books so yeah.

CHI

Yes

You seem confused, that's not how that meme works, user.

The fuck are you on about?

Shootouts, duels, and lawless bands made up the frontier.

Hell even one of our president's was in a duel

we made westerns before Americans ""invented"" the genre

What? Westerns, as a genre, are just movies that take place in the western frontier of the United States. Why the fuck would Aussie-land invent it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_the_Kelly_Gang
it's essentially a western, but in Victoria

If it's not based in the Western U.S. it's not a western you dumbshit

retard

i liked it as a kid, then i grew up

if I made a romantic comedy set in the western frontier would it be a western?

If it shows the aspects of western life, then yes. It's possible for a movie to have multiple genres idiot

and were the aspects of western life exclusive to the western frontier?

Yes, back when Americans were more european and less nigger

hmm

Not fascinating exactly but it's a cool setting where cool characters are easy to develop and place.

It's fucking hilarious how white they are.

Let's leave "we did it first" bullshit to the Poles, yeah? Besides that's a shit film. Pic related is an actually good Aussie western.

Uhh racist much? This woman was an aboriginal woman in Canada.

talking about how good it was is irrelevant, it was the first feature film ever made

>was

What happened?

disappeared or some shit

What? No, it wasn't.

yes it was, how do you not know this
>. The Story of the Kelly Gang (1906, Australia)[1] was the first dramatic feature film released (running at approximately 60 minutes). An earlier The Corbett-Fitzsimmons Fight (1897, U.S.) is considered by some as the first documentary feature film (running time is 100 minutes), however it is more accurately characterized as a sports program as it included the full unedited boxing match. The first feature-length adaptation was Les Misérables (1909, U.S.). Other early feature films include The Inferno (L'Inferno) (1911), Quo Vadis? (1913), Oliver Twist (1912), Richard III (1912), From the Manger to the Cross (1912), and Cleopatra (1912).

fuck ey

Murdered rather viciously

Only western spaghetti