Why do my feet hurt working retail standing for 8 hours. is that normal or do i have flat feet or something?

why do my feet hurt working retail standing for 8 hours. is that normal or do i have flat feet or something?

its normal, if i didnt have dr shoal insoles i would have lost my mind

What the name of this movie?

Get some dr shoals dude or sit down every now and then when you can.

>Ibuprofen
>Not being a bitch

I worked in retail for three years. It doesn't get easier.

Shills

empire of dirt.
A bunch of Chinese people and niggers argue over rocks and nothing ever gets done

Extended standing can be just as bad.
If you can't sit often, get some compression socks/leggings. Not super tight, but enough to keep blood from pooling. Or you can just move around your legs alot, calf raises when no one's looking, etc.
Good running shoes have good padding too.
If anything, just grab a chair and sit down in regular intervals for like a minute or two.

No we're just standing for 8 hours a day. It's not good for you.

i went from an awesome do whatever the fuck i want movie studio position to whole foods market making sandwiches with only two 15 min breaks and a 30. feet killing me.

thanks for the replies. people at work seem happy as shit i have to waddle out of the store afterwards.

you probably need to lose weight

It does get easier and I have flat feet. Endure and yourbody will get used to it.

just invest in some boots. I bought a pair of hiking timberlands with sole supports for 250 bucks, i walk to work and back and stand all day as an active,manager

Yeah they look a bit hardcore but I have flat feet so this was a must.

part time job at a clothing store back in the day.... like anons said, try to wear comfortable shoes, if possible, and if not walk around constantly if you can.

Register was the only job in the store for me that kept you in the same place all day, and I made it known early on I really wasn't comfortable handling people's money like that... People can go from the nicest person to a total asshole over a misplaced sale sign and 7 bucks, and I don't have the temperament to be yelled at over 7 bucks so that almost never happened after the first month or two. So if they stick you at the register, threaten to choke a bitch :)

It's normal. I've done retail on & off for the past eighteen years (EB Games, Sears, Walmart, et cetera). Invest in better footwear. Go to a real shoe store and ask people there what's good.
Also this:

How about better footwear and not destroying your kidneys from popping ibuprofen like fucking candy? Get the fuck out of here with shit advice.

i am kinda heavy rn but when i was a twig 10 years ago i had the same problem. im 5'11 198 lbs i used to be 160 and they still hurt real bad.

im good at what i do dealing with cunts but theres no room to walk or time to leave except on breaks.

ill look into some expensive shoes i guess

invest in cushioned support insoles. Also foot powder. Also remember not to lock your knees

I've been popping shitloads of ibuprofen for 20 years now and my kidneys are fine (at worst you'll get ulcers). it's acetaminophen you've gotta be careful with.

not locking knees. thats a good idea. OH shit! i should ask for a fucking cushion mat!!!!

only if you're standing still. walking on a cushioned matt will fuck up your back

get a pair of redwing boots and insoles. i paid $225 for the boots and $68 for the high arch support insoles and it was worth every penny

im on my feet for 10+ hours a day on concrete and my feet never hurt. my redwings are more comfortable than any tennis shoe or sneaker ive ever worn

i lost my career to alcoholism so i avoid all painkillers.

liver isnt doing too hot nor kidneys

im pretty much standing still except to restock every 4 hours

Pussy.

Dont ever attempt to work any form of construction or trade. You wont last a day.

looking into it rn. if so it'd be a hell of an investment

Tramadol 24hr? it's once a day so it's easier on your body. I take it for chronic pain from an injury. Also, it's a non-opioid so you don't really have to worry about it getting you high or fucking with your emotions

Time solves that.
By the end of three years my feet stank, but I was still good to put a run in after work. You'll live, truly.

i dont mind working hard or working through pain ive done it alot i just dont want to this time around im getting old. ive rebuilt a restroom from the floor up if that counts as construction.

very good call on the socks. i think i will. i just asked my friend she said its normal. its not normal to stand for that long is my conclusion.

it sounds like alot but how much is not being in pain worth? and in your situation they would easily last two or three years

I've worked landscaping (hardscape) 6 years and house demo for 2y. Now I'm in the movie industry standing around a lot and my feet bother me more than sweating my ass off moving heavy shit all day.

can you get me a job???? ill do anything!!!

is it don quixote studios?

It's who you know my friend since childhood was best boy and got me started.

>Only an hour of breaks over an 8 hour shift
Stop being a pussy, you don't get that in most retail. Fuckin makin sandwiches and cryin "muh feet hurt"

can't argue with that. thats how i got my gig. help a brother out, though?

i guess asking if anyone more familiar with the deal knows a better way makes me a pussy ( and it does) then so be it.

work your feet out

Under each foot a couple square inches of flesh about a half an inch thick is sandwiched between 80 to 100 pounds of weight and the floor. 8+ hours of that and it's going to hurt.

that was my reasoning but i had been asking around and no one including heavy people seemed to have that problem. lower back and feet.

Shift the load to your knees and start sucking cock for a living

Is that you Harvey?

I'm an hvac tech and I'm running , carrying and climbing all day and night. Here's the tricks. Get feet measured properly, you are likely wearing shoes too small and specifically, too narrow for your feet. I was a size off and needed triple wide. Second, get some Redwings or something similar, if boots/shoes are under $300 they are usually shit. Third, get a good insole, I use Superfeet orange, you get what you pay for.

Once I did all that, dogs stopped barking.

GET INSOLES!!!!

califags have foam mats at cash registers, and chairs too

you also need to move around (keep sidestepping side to side while in position)

a lot of dumbass faggots have their foot arches collapse because of improper footwear

if you work retail long enough, you'll spot faggots limping around with collapsed foot arches

Empire of dust.

Empire of dirt is a drama movie.