The end of an era

The end of an era

>First monster madness was camp cult
>6 years ago

>Transformers-tier pleb
>first MM watched was the original 2007 marathon
>still kind of squeamish about horror films, and had seen fucking nothing outside of Jaws, Gremlins, and maybe Poltergeist
>started actually getting scared by some of the reviews once he got into the 60s/70s
>nervous af to watch Exorcist review
>legitimately terrified to watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre review
>John Carpenter's Halloween on television, totally immerses in terror
>most scared ever been in my life
>love at first sight with horror films, despite being so easily scared

>watch a whole bunch horror movies the next year, as Godzillathon played out
>also make sure to branch out and explore new horror films
>days spent waiting until the dead of night, in pitch darkness being scared out of my wits by horror movies
>grow new favorites, start truly paying attention to how aspects of filmmaking like art direction and sound design can benefit movies
>remember directors, writers, composers, cinematographers, etc. instead of just the actors involved

>mfw MM was truly my gateway into loving film
>mfw it's over

It was never really that good, but at least Mike wasn't fagging it up this year.

Are you me?

My first Monster Madness was the first Monster Madness.

I honestly can't believe how young you guys are. What's happened to me?

Thanks for reminding me to marathon these right now as I do every Halloween.

Gonna need a new tradition.

You went from superpleb to normal pleb, not bad I guess

>decided to watch Halloween for the first time yesterday because of James' recommendation
>it was on AMC
Worst decision possible. Those commercials completely ruined any immersion that was occurring in the movie. This is why traditional television is dying out. I should have found some other way to watch it.

You have to start somewhere.
The greenorangetext really just covers a two year period anyway.

>mfw MM was truly my gateway into loving film
Same. But then after watching a lot of different movies I realized James is a huge pleb.

Blame the horror genre turning to shit

Also blame movies and audiences in general for needing a thick coating of irony and cynicism to avoid experiencing evocative feelings

Long gone are the days where you could watch a movie about a knight having a chess game with death over his life and ponder the moral contradictions of theology.

I agree, and these last MMs were bordering on terrible. I still think he's a likable personality compared to his numerous imitators, because of his genuine passion and how oblivious he is to internet trends.

If anything, MM introduced me to a lot of things, and from there I was able to branch off instead of JUST relying on James for opinions. I think that's what he always intended with the project.

desu I haven't been able to stay awake watching them this year, but that's mostly because I watch them right before bed and I've been really tired lately

>10 years
>not a single MM about foreign horrors
>never even mentioned Eyes Without a Face, Lucio Fulci's shit or Asian horror films

First MM was Godzillathon, still my favourite next to Sequelathon 2. Shame the last few years were made without actual footage from the movies.

first was 8 but i was 22

how the fuck were you guys under 12 when the first won came out? seriously? if horror movies scared you after 12 then you're a fucking pussy.

i'm not even trying to be tough

My first one was Godzillathon. It's been a Halloween tradition to watch every video he puts out each October since. Hopefully whatever he does next will fill the Monster Madness void.

He did a Monster Madness on The Black Cat.

>no footage
>just read out the whole plot and spoiled the movie
>the closest thing to an analysis he got to was "it was good"
this year was garbage

He did that to avoid Jewtube copyright fags.

Best ones were The Wolfman vs Dracula and Midnight Ghost Shows because of how informative they were. Also the beginning of Lumberjack Man where he's showing the packages he got. The real injustice is that he used Metropolis, Mighty Joe Young, and Clash of the Titans instead of actual horror movies.