It's not Mac anymore right? That was like a 2014 thing. I'm behind the times

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dSCwoYcp0IY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

King Krule.

Probably Lil Pump or some shit.

this + tail end of death grips not being a meme

Reminder that normies are completely over DG and have been for a while

this and Nick Hakim and Homeshake and Brockhampton and Tyler and weirdly art hoes at my college are starting to pretend to be into Maus for whatever reason though I doubt that's nationwide, I guess they haven't heard he's the second coming of the third reich yet

Mac is normie but still beloved by indie nerds for god knows what reason

ye and for good reason

DG are a meme

Leave the Mausman alone

probably still top 40 pop

this

DG went normie tumblr meme in like 2014-15
Now they've been back to being uncool with the normies so it's cool to like them again.

I put John Maus - Hey Moon as my tinder anthem in order to get art hoes and girls who know what World Peace is. Have had much luck with the former not with the latter as much.

indie is dead whiteboy

It's this new Canadian indie band caled Arcade Fire. Their debut album Funeral is coming out this September. They're going to be the next big thing. You heard it here first.

check out Nick Crompton

I feel like "Indie" was a big thing from the late nineties to early 2000s and at this point it's kind of passé. Modest Mouse sold out and then it slowly declined from that point. Good news for people who love bad news was that Indie was big, but it was going to die soon. This is all my subjective view on the subject I suppose and it is tied a lot into the people I knew back then. When those people died to me Indie died in my heart much faster than it must have for people who were still feelin' it.

What are you talking about? That album only came out this year. "Float On" is a hell of a song.

Maybe the problem with identifying the contemporary indie music scene is the fact that the term itself is meaningless. Who the fuck even knows what is/isn't indie?

You just blew my mind.

So indie dying really just means it went back to being indie than being mainstream

King Krule, Big Thief, Alvvays

depending on crowd there are a few others. emo revival is still pretty big on college campuses, so being up to date with emo/pop punk influenced indie shit like Foxing or whatever could count.

more mainstream but still "hip" leaning kids listen to frank ocean, some mura masa, a lot of other known hip hop quantities.

That's right. Indie isn't dead. "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand is indie rock and it's arguably the best single of the year so far.

i think this is a pretty good point

Animal Collective

The indie scene is really terrible if this thread is anything to go by

youtube.com/watch?v=dSCwoYcp0IY

This evokes imagery of cringey teens in Hawaiian shirts doing their best Mac Demarco impression.