>2017
>Sup Forums is unironically defending my chemical romance

This place is dead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RRKJiM9Njr8
rateyourmusic.com/~FireNinja606
rateyourmusic.com/list/FlakeyBear/the-incomplete-list-of-rym-users-who-constantly-think-theyre-crazy-weird-or-eccentric-but-always-find-into-loving-it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Black Parade is objectively a very good album.

Rest is crap tho

you're looking at nu-mu, my friend, and it's a fucking joke

*piano playing*

not only is it being defended, their albums are being called 10/10 multiple times a day

>single g note on piano
>tumblr mongs immediately start spasming uncontrollably on the floor

I remember people getting pissed when they had a video for the black parade re-release and everyone thought they were getting back together because it was so vague.

I know Sup Forums was always closest to tumblr out of all of the Sup Forums boards but this just honestly so sad and embarrassing to see. Where did these fags come from? MCR is good now to Sup Forums? This place is a total joke

WHEN I WAS

A YOUNG WARTHOG

>This place is dead
Granted there are more threads about them now, but memes aside people have generally had positive things to say about MCR whenever they're brought up. You must be new.

Then leave, pussy.

I've been on this board since you were shitting in your diapers

It exposes half of Sup Forums for being the massive narcissistic attention whore faggots that were emos and scenesters. MCR was trash with an epic and edgy look, and to vain people looks are more important than all else.

it's nostalgia, the album is old enough that people who listened to it as teens are on the board now, and they refuse to look past their childhood memories and accept that it's just garbage pop punk with a gimmick

I think Sup Forums has gone full circle over the course of the psst decade and has gone back to its tumblr roots. Expect this shit to only get worse as a little more time passes.

Not much to salvage here, honestly. Every normalfag on Sup Forums has gone off to their own discords and that's it.

A lot of people here were in middle school (or younger) when the pop punk/emo thing was in full swing.

They probably look fondly back at those albums.

So they were normalfags?

General rule, once a normalfag, always a normalfag.

I'm certain that most of the people bigging-up MCR on here are older than the posters like OP criticising them however.
I'm not making a statement about the quality of MCR's music, or making a judgement about either side, I'm personally ambivalent. I just know that this board is overwhelmingly populated by teens, so they would've missed out on the MCR fad. The kiddies that grew-up with MCR would be in their early 20's now at minimum. Therefore it's the older posters pushing the MCR is good meme.

ITT:newfag detected

My Chemical Romance has been defended on here for the last 4 years at least and for good reason.

The first 2 LPs are great.

>this post

Except it hasn't. Every time it was brought up as good it was instantly shut down as trash by x5 the people.

Don't know where the (rightful) MCR and pop punk trashers have gone.

t. Faggot that thought he was special

not nearly on the scale that it has been reaching recently, we have at least 2 threads about them a day now

If Linkin Park is Sup Forumscore by way of nu-sincerity I guess MCR is too.

Unless you are child, something very possible, I hope you've changed a lot from your teens. Fuck, I was a little snot nosed whiny pretentious bitch boy when younger, but that phase passed. We've all been young and dumb, just some people stay dumb.

False.
I've been here since 2009. The sporadic MCR threads always get a ton of mostly positive posts. True, there's always been some trashers, but they usually get ignored. There's been more trashers than usual in recent months, but that's definitely new. Most likely newfags trying to fit in with the patrishuns.

you are the exact sort of person that post is complaining about

You illiterate fuckers are not seriously trying to imply that emo is in any way sincere, even new-sincerity. Jesus christ the absolute state of the world right now.

I don't know either. I don't hate them, but don't like them either. Gave them a listen, and really don't see the praise at all. It's just average as fuck pop punk, sounds like some gay corny queen type piano/arena rock at times. The only song that really stood out was "This is how I disappear", the rest I kind of forgot completely already. I guess I could have seen the appeal if I had listened to this younger and didn't find their entire gimmick kind of goody and corny.

this. black parade came out like 11 years ago. that was their peak mainstream saturation. dd wasn't that big a deal as far as i remember.

what's the score on RYM?

normalfag detected

go whine about how great mcr and emo is, this trash did and still does appeal to the lowest form of narcissists and retards

>Linkin Park, a Nu Metal turned Art Rock/Electronic band
>MCR, Art Punk meets Post-hardcore and Pop Punk
>emo

Nope.

>art punk

JESUS CHRIST the state of this board.

I'm sorry, I listen to MCR and hear a bunch of whiny bullshit and average music. Maybe if you didn't have deficient testosterone levels you would feel the same way.

I don't think so, people don't always become fans of the music that was released when they were a teen, I know way more people my age who are into Blink-182 and nu-metal shit, even though I only would have been to young to be into it at the time

>pic releated, from one of the myriad other MCR threads

Idk why you tagged my post, I was making fun of it by saying only tumblrfags like it

>State of this board
I've said that MCR was art punk since the Black Parade released. At first I hated it, dismissing them as prurient Pop-Punk infidels, until listening to it a year later (in 2007). It's as if Red Machine-era Fugazi attempted to make their interpretation of Sgt. Pepper, utilizing The Damned-esque darkness and nihilism and Sunny Day Real Estate's melancholic, yet uplifting guitar structure, and tie it together with the ambition, theatrics and grandiosity of Queen. And that's one hell of an album for a quintessential normie pop punk band.

How is My Chemical Romance not Art Punk? The Black Parade is basically Art Punk and Art Rock.

JESUS CHRIST the state of this board.

>this post

It's queen arena rock. It's not "bad" but it's just alright at times.

The problem isn't that it's not only not "Art" music, but the genre labels "art rock" and "art punk" are usually only taken seriously by massive self congratulatory masturbatory faggots because they're anti-descriptors.

by the way please never try to describe music again, you're very bad at it and talking out of your ass on literally everything.

MCR was not ALL shit, the guy could write a good melody, but jesus christ people that take them seriously are the biggest narcissists on earth. I doubt the guy himself takes them seriously either, it's just so theatrical and contrived it's impossible to.

There’s literally nothing “art” about it it’s cheap arena rock

Fuck off back to tumblr, enjoy your whiny shitfest there. Just keep posting epic fedora pics, that'll show 'em.

Why can't you offer an argument as to how My Chemical Romance isn't Art Punk/Art Rock? At least, you'd have to agree that The Black Parade is. Just a listen of this would prove to you that My Chemical Romance had a much stronger artsy flair to their music compared to their other contemporaries like Fall Out Boy or Panic! At The Disco:
youtube.com/watch?v=RRKJiM9Njr8

Black Parade is critically acclaimed

>people unironically using the term 'artsy'
>same people that defend MCR
>same people that call MCR "art rock"

What part is artsy? the queen style arena rock theatrics or the skeleton costumes, because it certainly isn't the rest of the cookie cutter pop punk formula

As I posted before and reiterate AGAIN, Art Rock by far should be primary for the Black Parade; this is the most artistic MCR album in terms of both ambition and scope, concept (the idea of lasting memories in the afterlife via the metaphor of The Black Parade), and composition (as I've posted, see )

>You illiterate fuckers are not seriously trying to imply that emo is in any way sincere

Actually I can prove that it is.

Chester Bennington constantly sang about being furious at himself for being so easily caught in a depressed, solipsistic loop that he would forget about the people who still cared about him. His lyrics, often looked back on as high school poetry, were all internal arguments. Many of his songs were written as an act of resolution, sympathy, or catharsis for his past self and actions. So, when you listen to Linkin Park and indulge in its "edgy" lyrics, you're being sympathetic to the concept that everybody at some point in their lives has had self-abusive thoughts that led them to act in ways that they later regretted. Then, when you learn to laugh at its audacity, you break out of that depressed cycle. Understanding the past instead of spiting it.

Linkin Park is Nu-Sincere. Bennington was a genius.

you dont know what new sincerity is based off what youve written here

please fuck off pseud

>caring this much about genre labeling
>thinking he is anything but a turbo-pleb

this is some good baito

I agree with you.

New sincerity is a sham for people that can't avoid being smug cunts. Linkin Park is just plain sincere.

Wow. That's legitimately the first time I've ever been called a Pleb on this site. I guess I've disguised myself pretty well to go this long without that insult creeping inside my inner asylums.

And by the way, I usually don't, or didn't, care about genres until I realized how much people wrote off alt. rock bands as "pop rock," the most generic genre one could possibly label someone.

To be fair you have to be a teen girl who just got off watching Foamy the Squirrel on newgrounds.com while signing a bring back Invader Zim petition wearing a Jack Skellington hoodie and Happy Tree Friends tube socks purchased from Hot Topic during an Emily the Strange buy one get one fifty percent off sale, where she discovered Serenity Rose from slave labor graphics comics while her overbearing but loving father restricts her from going to the My Chemical Romance/Limp Bizkit concert with a five years older than her boyfriend that constantly IMs unsourced stolen Ponzi comic art over 56k modem American Online trial disks on myspace.com with a top-eight consisting of Tim Burton, Jack Sparrow, Eminem, Jesus Christ and whatever angsty band is the hit new thing on Disney Adventures magazine and spends all day filling out "What Kingdom Hearts Character Are You?" quizzes only to complain that she didn't get Riku and is unable to watch the 2003 MTV Music Awards because her deadbeat older brother is always hogging the living room TV playing Tony Hawk's Underground on his Halo Edition transparent green Xbox using a third-party Mad-Catz air flow controller with a busted analog stick constantly leaning to the right making anti-semitic remarks on how Eric stole his Wicked McTwist over the helicopter in Hawaii footage. To Understand the genius behind MCR

I too am an intellectual who enjoys the genius comedy of RebelTaxi.

It's funny how the people who are critical of something based on its relationship to a scene are also the most keenly aware of and concerned with the idea of scenes.

that's because alt rock is just a term made up to describe the bad pop rock bands that started being formed in the 90s

New Sincerity is a form of appreciation, as opposed to other modes of appreciation such as Irony or Post-Irony.

>As I posted before and reiterate AGAIN, Art Rock by far should be primary for the Black Parade; this is the most artistic MCR album in terms of both ambition and scope, concept, and composition
I could take the most artistic shit of my life that wouldn't mean it's worth giving an academy award to

I thought new sincerity existed in response to the smug condescension of both contrarianism and irony.

The quality of a band shouldn't dictate the genre they objectively belong to, though. And now, you brought yet another explanation I must bring to the discussion.

"Alternative is like music that bridges the gap between mainstream and independent/underground, that takes influences from both conventional and unconventional. Indie is purely separate from the mainstream; it doesn't set out to mimic mainstream trends. However, Indie music can get just as big as the mainstream, but still be indie at its core."
-Me from RYM.

Its "sincere" but that doesnt mean its not trash

Anything that needs to define its sincerity in the context of irony seems contrarian to me. And I mean, if it actually just means "sincerity," just say that. No one should be like, "oh I actually am like a better version of sincere, cause I was a stuck up cunt for a while, but now I realize I was in denial about what I like"

>-Me from RYM.
So this is the power of MCR fags

I also agree with this

It's just a small number of persistent autists

>that quote
>that self attribution
>this rym profile: rateyourmusic.com/~FireNinja606

Is this actually going on? I've been gone for a few months.

I mean, the generation that Black Parade really resonated with is all right around 17-20 now, so it kinda makes sense.

they make catchy and fun music and they have some really good songs. Do you hate fun OP?

You should see /fa/ if you think this place is Tumblr.

Okay, woah. I am NOT a Stan of MCR in the slightest. I just think the Black Parade is a legitimately great album. Their other albums, besides some of Bullets, I have no intention of checking out the rest of their work.

at least it's better than k-pop

You got my profile, 100 points to Gryffindor!

Now delete it before something bad will happen to you. Now.

>not citing yourself when you're referencing something you said elsewhere

>using "stan" unironically
>thinking your opinion matters

Fuck off you obnoxious faggot. You are textbook rym poseur everything you say is irrelevant

yikes

Why'd you remove your tripcode?

>yfw emo types may have a resurgence
oh no

Because muh nostalgia.

rateyourmusic.com/list/FlakeyBear/the-incomplete-list-of-rym-users-who-constantly-think-theyre-crazy-weird-or-eccentric-but-always-find-into-loving-it/

Shit like this is why everyone hates the rym community

Its either poseurs or obnoxious self congratulatory faggots it is near nonexistent rare to find a genuinely good person

Of course there's no way I can prove it, but I'm not him. It's just funny to me that people are so pissed off at tripfags pointlessly and constantly

It's kind of like appreciating something two ways simultaneously. Connecting with how the artist felt, and considering how the communication itself affects the audience, forming an argument for its artistic merit.

Irony, by comparison, is just an in-joke about how passe the work of art is.

>Oh no, my precious Kanye thread was archived!

Applicable to any board, new friend

They're obnoxious cunt that can't get attention on Instagram and Snapchat because they're uggos, so they whore it out here and ruin everything else

It was all part of the zeitgeist at the time my friend.

I don't see how considering the medium is ironic in any way though, it is just another part of a sincere relationship to a work.

Yes, it's like that on all boards
It's more like the image that parodies that image than it is like that image though. No one was causing a scene until you randomly freaked out because a trip posted. Hard to see why you can't admit that.

Why'd you remove trip again? Just keep it on.

The Black Parade is a 9/10 album and I think the rest of pop punk is irredeemable garbage AMA

I would adopt a trip, I don't want to cause you any unnecessary distress though

Considering the medium isn't ironic, but irony always considers the medium. It's just not the only damn way to consider it.

Yeah, I'd agree with that, I just don't think the difference between considering it and not considering it has any relevance to sincerity, or modifies the nature of the sincerity.

people who are on this website in 2017 would conceivably be at the age in which MCR would have made their greatest impression, so it's not surprising.

We just old, OP.

It's not just Sup Forums, I'm seeing this shit on Twitter too. People like to pretend shit like MCR and Evanescence was anything more than pop punk with black clothing on.
It was shit then and it's shit now.

H-He'll be fine

delet this

>goes to Sup Forums
>doesn't expect counter culture to the Nth degree

hmm