LSD//GREETINGS ENLIGHTED

I am dedicating my life to creating the best trip list on the Internet

Post an album and I’ll consider tripping to it, your help is appreciated.

rateyourmusic.com/list/TimVolta/lsd-and-mushrooms/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cerYlP2_GEw
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/spacemen_3/forged_prescriptions/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ynw8nfAtoyA&t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=9X4fYP9bqqw&t=927s
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/7720-forged-prescriptions/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAXEwrxiIOM
youtube.com/watch?v=MiLxt1em7YI
imgur.com/gallery/yMcQx
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/72654305/#72655117
youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9hEpDz4ik
youtube.com/watch?v=had9K3UegIY
soundcloud.com/gravityboys/sets/d-g
youtube.com/watch?v=mhrMLbEhjKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I keep going back to this album every time i trip lately

youtube.com/watch?v=cerYlP2_GEw

Try this.

Wow that was awesome

My personal rule is to always listen to new music when tripping, check out some of the albums on my list (especially the top 4), that Coil & Fishmans live album is pure bliss. But I’ll check this out eventually thanks for the recommendation.

Intriguing album cover

>check out some of the albums on my list (especially the top 4)

I'll grab them now for the next time then, thanks. Last trip was a little over a week ago so I'm gonna give it another couple days.

Seconded.

Pic related is the soundtrack to my most introspective/productive trips

You’re gonna fucking love it. Also, the specific album “Forged Prescriptions” by Spacemen 3 is a mandatory experience. (Just disc 1, which is about 40 minutes.) definitely add that one too.

If you could get a good Bluetooth speaker with clear strong bass like the Awai Exos 9 it will be greatly enhanced

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/spacemen_3/forged_prescriptions/

This is a great album, need to trip to this. Been forever since I’ve heard it.

I mean it depends on what you dig. Usually music you already enjoy works well but I especially like hearing things for the first time on trips. Here are a few selections for you some from personal experience...

Major Organ And The Adding Machine - s/t
Can - Future Days or Tago Mago
Black Dice - Beaches & Canyons
Yes - Close To The Edge and lots of other prog.
Prog is a lot better on psychs
Culprate - Whispers
DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist - Brainfreeze (this is less trippy and more like a kickass soundtrack)
The Doors - The Doors
The Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage or Dusk At Cubist Castle they're both great
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland
Jon Hassell with Brian Eno - Fourth World Vol. 1: Possible Musics
Cal Green - Trippin' With Cal Green (jazz recorded on acid)

Concept albums particularly those with a clear narrative are also really fun imo
Phish - The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday
The Constructus Corporation - The Ziggurat
Genesis - TLLDOBW or SEBTP

Try A I R by Hiroshi Yoshimura

I'm definitely into live albums, neo-psych, and drone when tripping. Those special live albums specifically because they always take me by surprise by their deviations from original form.

I've definitely thought of tripping to that Black Dice album, that's their best. Good recommendations, I'll check them out.

Blonde on Blonde on acid was life changing for me insofar as it convinced me to learn guitar and start song writing. That was six months ago and I have felt more creative and artistically astute ever since.

lol there's waaaay too much music for the amount of drugs one can reasonably take

Have you heard or tripped to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ynw8nfAtoyA&t=5s

And for live albums maybe check out
Ween - At The Cat's Cradle 1992
Mt. Fuji Doomjazz Corporation - Succubus
Santana - Live At The Filmore '68
Tom Waits - Nighthawks At The Diner
Neil Young - Live At Massey Hall 1971 (everybody has heard Live Rust—which is excellent—but Massey Hall is a true gem that captures Neil's essence as a human being and makes you feel like you're really there)

king gizz - nonagon infinity
ariel pink - pom pom
pond - man it feels like space
the books - lost and safe
talking heads - speaking in tongues
steely dan - A decade of steely dan
grateful dead - aoxomaoxoa
phish - round room
ween - quebec
dan deacon - America
panda bear - person pitch

Gong - You
Spacemen 3 - Sound of Confusion (you can never have enough Spacemen 3, can you?)
Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans
SIANspheric - Somnium
Closedown - Nearfield

Damn I know NSB are pretty good but this compilation is 5 hours long

I actually entered my trip to a Ween live album last week after a show, all their live albums are fantastic.

This is a great list. Doors, Love, Beatles, can really recommend these if you haven't listened to them

Hell yeah, but this is the best Spacemen 3 album to trip to.

This was released in 2003 after Sonic Boom got great at mixing. Laying in your bed blasting it feels like your acid is half opiate.

>dan deacon - America

make sure you watch this if youre gonna listen
youtube.com/watch?v=9X4fYP9bqqw&t=927s

Also the most accurate pitchfork review I've read expect the score should be higher

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/7720-forged-prescriptions/

FRIENDS guide for a safe trip?

tripping for the second time with a friend in a couple weeks. first time was a bad experience (i did it alone), how can I have a great experience?

Tripping by myself is actually prefered by me but maybe some more uplifting music?

set and setting are paramount

Do you understand what caused the bad trip or why it happened? Psychedelics require comfortable introspection

It's nearly impossible to have a bad trip to this album

I think I actually do know what caused my bad trip. It was going well enough at first, hands started getting clammy. Then, for some reason I put on "Good Morning Captain" by Slint and things went down hill from there. I never fully realized that was probably the cause of the loop I got into until just now.

This first page of this list is spectacular

I feel you enjoy bad trips based on the second page

Live Four by Coil definitely constituted what you could call a bad trip, but it was beautiful.

why not Perfect Prescription?

Well, I like Perfect Prescription, but compare these 2 songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAXEwrxiIOM

youtube.com/watch?v=MiLxt1em7YI

Forged Prescriptions is definitely more texturally interesting and impactful.

john frusciante - the empyrean

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Their Satanic Majesties Second Request
Arzachel - Arzachel
The Beta Band - The Three EPs
Black Moth Super Rainbow - Start a People
Toy - Clear Shot
Beyond the Wizard's Sleeve - Beyond the Wizard's Sleeve Ark 1
Sulk - Graceless
Sun City Girls - Gum Arabic

That Fishmans live album is my go-to album for tripping - the amount of times I have transcended time and space on DMT while listening to the live version of Long Season is innumerable

Definitely gonna check out the rest of the albums on this list! For my recommendation, I'd say Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, which has become another go-to for me after an insane synaesthetic experience I had with it a few months ago

I actually have a fun story regarding that Fishmans live album and tripping.

I've known about the album for about a year now but waited for the perfect time to listen to it.
Basically, I met this stranger on a YouTube comment and we decided to go on an Animal Collective road trip in May of this year.

Our first stop was Virginia and the picture here was our Airbnb room. We had planned to trip the first night (here) and I knew that finally turning on the album was a good idea. It was one of the most profound experiences of my lifetime.

The room was in the woods, in the middle of nowhere, so we played the album as loud as we can. Incredible how you don't need to know someone to have such an intimate experience with them.

What do you guys think of the Akasaka Blitz album?

Wow dude that sounds amazing. How do you go from meeting someone in a youtube comment section to going on a roadtrip with them? That's nuts

One day I hope to have an experience like this

>meet someone irl from youtube comment
sounds like it could also have ended very badly =]

glad it was a good experience

I really like it, but it is kinda hard for me to put it on. Mainly because I think 98.12.28 is so perfect and better in every respect, that if I want to listen to Akasaka, I usually just end up putting 98.12.28 on

100/100 best musical recording the in the entire universe
I was actually drunk on youtube and I noticed a guy lives near me because of the venue he took a video at and I commented and like "yo dude good taste, what's your facebook?", and he added me, and we met up at an Animal Collective show in 2016. Months later, I asked him if he's down for a road trip. He said yes. Was fucking killer. We had some days off during the trip, and went to Six Flags a couple times. I met the band about 4 times during this trip, which was definitely awesome.

imgur.com/gallery/yMcQx

btw that guitar hero controller was my drug case, top kek of the trip

I take risks like this because I have no respect for my existence anyways

the dude was pretty weird though, he was in his 30's and completely unaware of the norm music communities.

I actually met up with another Sup Forumstant halfway during this roadtrip from this single post here

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/72654305/#72655117

He said it was his birthday so we gave him acid and a place to sleep, and we watched Oddsac with him. He was blown away.

After his tripping peak (and Oddsac) was over he was like "what the fuck just happened!!", "did this actually just happen". He told me it was one of the best nights of his life, and thanked me.

Glad I could make his birthday way better, instead of him going to the show alone.

This isn’t the craziest yet joyous thing I’ve read about people meeting each other from this site. Good man.

Wow man you seem like a really cool dude. If you ever come through Atlanta for an anco show lmk and we can trip together haha

I wish I had the money to do this

Yeah man lol, always down. Though I'm NYC native, my Skype and SN is TimVolta.

>heh, that's right I do LSD

cringe thread?

nobody that has experienced the magic of LSD would post such ludicrous

I bet you fell for DARE

Just added you as a friend on RYM

i've done it multiple times, why don't you fags who base your entire identity around a drug go to duncan trussel and joe rogan youtube comment sections

relax buddy

relax buddy [2]
Not sure if you read my post but I met that guy from his own YT channel, and acid wasn't brought into the discussion until months later of planning the road trip.
Added

needs maggot brain by funkadelic

>i've done it multiple times
no you didn't

This in my opinion is the greatest psychedelic album of all time. It's a complete masterpiece and so far ahead of its time. If anyone knows anything similar to this please rec me.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9hEpDz4ik
Thoughts? I don't really take acid so I don't know if it works for you, but this and TMV in general are my go to midnight tripping music right now.

I fucking love this track, and the whole album itself.

In fact, I uploaded this track to youtube myself youtube.com/watch?v=had9K3UegIY

It's one of TMV's best tracks by far

is this post punk

You have great taste my nigga, I find myself enjoying even the most chaotic bits of the track, really takes me somewhere else.
Loads of people bash this album but I enjoyed the fuck out of it.
Btw, I'm still somewhat musically ignorant and on my way to enlightenment, would you recommend anything similar to their works? I loved every one of their albums.

I'd suggest you'd check out bands like Can, Faust, and Neu. I like all of these bands as a definite TMV fan.

Thanks man, will definitely check them out

Pic related by Kishi Bashi
Honestly all of his albums are excellent for tripping in my opinion.

pic related is my absolute favorite when tripping. Karma by Pharoah Sanders is also great.

can everyone drug posting just go to fucking 420 chan

I've only heard this sober and I loved it.
I saw him live last year and it was amazing

Check out Autonomous And Dynamical Systems by David Dunn.

absolutely essential

i like shpongle when im tripping but i dont know them well enough to pick a best album

this thread has gotten more replies in the last 30 minutes then it would in 30 days on 420chan's music board

Any bjork album is essential; especially the ones that start with V
yes that includes volta fuck you

soundcloud.com/gravityboys/sets/d-g

I can't find this album in full except as a playlist with the songs in the wrong order but this is very fast paced and synthetic and shiny yet gives me a "cathedral" feel for some reason i can't place

>can't find this album in full
meant on youtube, this soundcloud stream is the full work from the artists themselves

Ween - The Mollusk

youtube.com/watch?v=mhrMLbEhjKI

Enjoy

I tripped to this album on the beach was 10/10

Im surprised a fan of Coil has no Autechre on this list.

Soundtracks For The Blind while tripping? That sounds like a fucking traimwreck waiting to happen

A mindfuck of an album

To be fair, I don’t listen to much EDM. Coil is better than Autechre, cheers.