What is Sup Forums's opinion of the soprano saxophone?

What is Sup Forums's opinion of the soprano saxophone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rZ5ZpJnE-II
youtube.com/watch?v=XLH47I9b0a0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im pro all saxaphones. i played GOAT bari sax in highschool. if i wasnt such a poorfag id pick one up.

So the only real downside is that it's an expensive instrument?

Coltrane's got some nice stuff with it. And Saxophone's are great instruments

Bass Clarinet's better you fucking nigger

the bari is expensive not the soprano.

theres no downside of a fucking instrument. it just is. expense is just relative to what you get in return.

I preferred alto for more classical pieces but when it was time to play some jazz or blues the bari the the way to go for me.

0/10 not triggered whatsoever. i had to sit next to the girl that played bass clarinet and she was disgusting and bad

Bari's are extreme expensive. Most schools will provide the instrument for the student because most parents usually don't have five grand to to spend just so their kid can play. My instructor to me the one my school provided me was around $12,000.

Yeah you fucking nigger, that's why only skilled musicians can play it. Plus women should be left to play violin and other easy instruments like flute. THey're not good at blowing, much better at sucking and slobbering.

Look up Eric Dolphy sometimes pleb.

>Woodwind
>Not brass
Kek

Fuck saxophones

Alto>Bari>Tenor>>>>>>>>>>Soprano

soprano is the shittiest sax. If you're gonna play sax, play a man's sax.

>Played by Kenny G
Garbage.

rude

Trombones are better

In what multiverse

I guess you could say......it's one of my favorite things ;)

>Bass Clarinet
Solid taste, solid taste

>When classical soprano like a good oboe

This. Played alto for 7+ years. Haven't touched since 2012. Fuck practicing too.

;) thanks

A bari player that doubles bass clarinet is pretty rad. That's what I played in highschool jazz.

I don't think Dolphy played bari but he did play alto, soprano sax, flute, piccolo along bass and regular clarinet

Also that's really cool, I want to compose and I have this awesome idea for a piece that I don't thinks ever been done but it'd be a cors anglias and bass clarinet along side two others which I haven't decided yet.

God bless the child on cors anglais

I was thinking of throwing a sax in there, maybe soprano or tenor, but would that mess up the dreamy, hypnotic texture of it?

Also I know that thing is amazing, shame it isn't used more often or prominently

Tuba master race
Tuba master race
Tuba master race
Tuba master race
Tuba master race
Tuba master race
Tuba master race

poor mans clarinet

I will say this, if you get someone who knows what their doing, they can make anything work

Best shit ever, proof: youtube.com/watch?v=rZ5ZpJnE-II

youtube.com/watch?v=XLH47I9b0a0