Is Ash vs The Evil Dead as good as the movies

Is Ash vs The Evil Dead as good as the movies

no, lmao

Is it anywhere close

No, specially not this season.
It feels like all the scenes are focused on what type of goo they can spray on their actors.

It's pretty bad. Just fanservice for Campbell fans.
Hopefully Starz are regretting renewing it so early. It's not worth keeping around on their schedule.

Army of Darkness is the only contender in the race.

The Evil Dead is a birth of society movie and an indictment of audience culpability. Evil Dead 2 is a look at the upper crust fighting against unavoidable eventual death and a sly riff on the growing income inequality themes of 80s film by way of 1930s hamfisted serials. Army of Darkness travels to the root of that income inequality where Ash acts as a great equalizer messiah but is incapable of righting an already entrenched, broken system and admits the problem is too big for an individual to right on their own except themselves one on one. Altogether, the movies are the story of a guy becoming enlightened in the Buddhist sense and choosing to exist as a helpful Bodhisattva in the present time.

Ash vs. The Evil Dead is a fun cartoon, but given what it follows a cartoon nevertheless.

it started out great, then quickly went to shit, then got good again but then the s1 finale sucked, then the s2 premiere was good, and now it's back to kind of sucking. pretty amazing IMO

No, but then again 2 and AoD don't really compare to 1 either. I enjoy the show a decent deal even if it is nothing but fanservice, but the series could have and probably should have stopped with AoD.

ED2 > AoD > AvED > ED1

the show isn't as good, but i still like the show

it has it's ups and downs though. the first season starts off strong, starts meandering in the middle, then ended on a high note

this season seems to be doing the same thing. the first two episodes were my favorite episodes out of the entire series so far, but the past 3 episodes have been kind of meh. last nights episode was alright, better than the previous two with that goddamn car.

the guy who's playing the demon looks like a brad dourif clone.

At this point im only watching it for the kills. Story has really stagnated for past episode.
Atleast the car episode had some nice deaths.

Tfw dana delorenzo will NEVER be your gf.

Why even live? :(

Season 1 is kino, and worthy of being called evil dead 4. Season 2 i have to see the rest of to form a final opinion.

baal seems like he has potential as a villain

the practical effects and costumes for the skinned people were really disgusting. they were so....pink.

thats an unkind thing to say about the show

The only correct ranking. And thanks for leaving off that shitty remake.

the skinned zombie from last episode was monsterkino

whoever designed that costume should win an award, that thing legit freaked me out

Season 1 would be kino if it had 2 less episodes (some chunks feel like absolute filler), and had consistent deadites (guns should real be terrible against them unless it's a shotgun to fucking temple or the shooters can actually make enough headshots to obliterate the skull).

Season 2 (only watched until ep 3 so far) feels like a story exclusively written in the AND THEN format instead of using full stops and paragraphs.

the one thing i dont like about ash vs evil dead is the deadites seem to die too easily

in the movies ash would cut them up into little pieces and they would still move around and try to kill ash, but in the show they just die off quick. but i guess it can be explained away as ash getting better at killing them.

It's pretty fun. There are one or two genunely spoopy parts, Ash becoming an utter degenerate is great.

If you like the movies and Army of Darkness especially you'll like it very much.

>The Evil Dead is a birth of society movie and an indictment of audience culpability. Evil Dead 2 is a look at the upper crust fighting against unavoidable eventual death and a sly riff on the growing income inequality themes of 80s film by way of 1930s hamfisted serials. Army of Darkness travels to the root of that income inequality where Ash acts as a great equalizer messiah but is incapable of righting an already entrenched, broken system and admits the problem is too big for an individual to right on their own except themselves one on one. Altogether, the movies are the story of a guy becoming enlightened in the Buddhist sense and choosing to exist as a helpful Bodhisattva in the present time.

Imagine actually projecting this much meaning onto what you're watching. Top kek.

It is if you already have the head canon that its just Sam Axe retiring to be an actor as the star of the new evil dead tv series and tries his best to imitate bruce campbell

>implying I'm not your state senator

I didnt mind season 1's filler as it gave us plenty of cool stuff and didn't feel like a freight train stopping at the crossing. I mean, the militia base episode was considered filler but how awesome was that pyro deadite? The guy was an alcoholic in his human life and they kept that by having him get 'drunk' off a can of kerosene. Stuff like that was fucking cool.

No. It's still not the worst thing you could watch, and it's easily better than any other horror tv series.

Found the pussy liberal.

Ash has more help now and there are levels of deadites. The low level drones are easy. Just like in Army of Darkness.

Never even watched the originalsame just the remake of evil dead. This is guilty pleasure tv.

The negress was a cute. Why did she have to die ;_;

This.

But in a good way.

If you liked/loved Spartacus 2010
Xena 1995
Hercules
Jack of all Trades
Early supernatural

>Never even watched the originals
Start with Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness

its essential viewing

nah bruh i'm just so much a fascist i've circled back around to centrist

>The tension in episodes 8 and 7.
Oh, my gut felt like it was on a carnival ride. I knew it was coming...

Compare the original "The Evil Dead" to "Evil Dead". And then compare both of them to "Evil Dead II", "Army of Darkness" and "Ash Vs. Evil Dead".

Nah man, you have to watch ED1, it's so pure.

Anyone see the new 'extended cut' of Evil Dead 2013? It was garbage, like 2 minutes of new footage. However, they did include ED2's chopping up a corpse in the shed with the chainsaw, complete with the blood covering the lightbulb, which was nice, and the nail gun blonde girl saying "join us!".

Those two tiny things really needed to be there in the first place. The rest was crap i couldn't even spot a difference. Just shots that were a half second longer.

Watch ED2 and AoD at the very least. Even the original is good campy fun. Keep in mind it was indie and underground as fuck. Just a bunch of friends making a movie on a nothing budget. Absolute classics of horror and every horror fan must know them.

And it still turned out better than most horror films today.

Would Ash vote Trump?

No. Ash would be third party. He'd never vote for an anti-American Russian puppet like Trump.

Jewish girls are gross you fuck

She's Italian not Jewish.

>no Ba'al as Baal

I doubt Ash would even know when election day is. Sure he knows there is an election but he just wouldn't care.

it's even better

don't listen to this sameshithead

he would be Trump

So it's just like the movies?

season 2 has more of these goofs, they went with these more in to AoD direction

they're pretty much too goofy, but still, they are shooted in the right time to be effectively funny.

The pilot is pretty good, the rest is just okay

ikr? That guy would be great! The descripton Lucy made was very fitting (seductive, manipulative, etc)

Though who they chose is also pretty okay, gives a Ozzy Osborne vibe

>this is what CTR believes
Even FBI proved that Trump doesn't have ties to Russia

Nah.

I don't really like it that much, but whenever I catch a random episode here and there it does manage to get at least a laugh or two out of me.

It's okay.

Ash vs Memevil Reddead

It has its moments. The ending of the first season was pretty dumb, though.

>Makes up with Linda then bashes her face into the cell

The show has great comedic timing if nothing else.

the movies are shit

Not as good but not bad either. It'd be much better without the sidekicks. Xena is ok as an anti-Ash of sorts, but pedro and nose girl are bad.

Stan Against Evil is far superior

Robbie Williams Rock DJ suit

Yes. Arguably better due to supporting characters.

The recent morgue scene was better than anything in the films.

better than ED and Army of Darkness

nice bait. it isn't even aired

He doesnt, Putin just want someone that fell for his machismo act in the White House

It's excellent.

It pains the show isn't going to get the attention it deserves.

nobody thinks he actually has official ties to Russia you silly goof. thats Sup Forumstier conspiracy thinking. russia supports trump because he's an absolute mong and they want him to fuck up the country. trump likes putin because he acts like a fake tough guy and trump has a thing for that kind of impotent grandstanding

First two episodes aired yesterday.

I'm digging S2, the whole car situation was pretty cool.

Anyone else think the morgue scene was a homage to Reanimator?

Worst thing about the show
>DUDE WEED
>LOL PUSSY
>VAGINA POWER

Rather have an idiot than someone actively going against my interests.

No, but it's fun
Season 1 has some fillers, and this last episode was pretty bad, set up an element I didn't care much for

it's awesome, but Starz has a much better show, Blunt Talk

One of the best shows on TV, the physical comedy is on point

>Ash knocks out Linda

Perfection

Lolno

Season 1 is bad. Season 2 is shaping to be great.

No, I doubt anything will ever be, but it's a worthy sequel and a great show. It's pretty much the only show I can think of that does horror splatter comedy. It's amazing how gory it gets.