How can people think teenage riot is the only good song when the best song on the album comes right after it?

how can people think teenage riot is the only good song when the best song on the album comes right after it?

Correct.

cause they don't actually make it through teenage riot

This is one of their worse albums.

this thread is total trash

how can you honestly say that? do you only like their no-wave stuff?

It’s definitely down there, but Goo, Experimental Jet Set, and Dirty make it seem great in comparison.

imagine having either of these opinions

i don't get it. it's their best album. do you actually prefer their barbaric noise stuff?

My two favorites were Bad Moon Rising and Washing Machine. Never really got the hype for Sister or Daydream personally.

You both have very limited taste, also even the best sonic youth is lackluster compared to their new wave or noise counterparts. And regarding "noise" rock, sonic youth have barely resembled that so the barbaric argument is ridiculous.
Also fucking this

I’ve never met a fellow BMR fan that also likes Washing Machine, that’s a pretty odd combo.

It's a classic album and no one thinks this.

i'm not huge on bad moon rising but washing machine is definitely great too.

i just love the cool, laid back mood they make on ddn. and the numerous overdubbed guitar tracks on the recording make it so full and enveloping sounding. i feel like i'm getting sucked into it. especially during the quieter parts.

best song is the sprawl idiot

>so the barbaric argument is ridiculous.
confusion is sex and to a lesser extent, bad moon rising are barbaric. like early swans. not to say that's bad, but ddn does the same thing in a more sophisticated way.

yeah the sprawl is amazing

I always liked Silver Rocket best.

Eric's Trip is probably the highlight of the album for me.

What's the appeal of this album?

Honestly asking this

I've listened to it probably half a dozen times waiting for it to "click" but it never has

It's extremely forgettable

I could probably hear a song off of it and not even realize it's from the album unless someone told me

Fucking thank you, Silver Rocket blew my mind when I first heard that when I was like 13

Candle is my favourite guitar song of all time
i have always loved it because its one of the few rock albums where you feel you can 'lose' yourself in it and give yourself up to the sound and the textures rather than constantly processing the music like a lot of pop music

best songs are Candle and The Wonder/Hyperstation

also pic related is the best SY album

Imagine not thinking Hey Joni is the best track, no seriously, try and imagine the "mind" of someone who unironically believes that.

I agree with this
I agree with this too
BMR and WM are two of my favourites all, though I love Sister.
MS is up there but pic related is actually the best SY album

Hmm
Fair enough I guess

Different strokes for days different folks

That's one of the very reasons I don't like it

Nothing feels distinct
It feels like a wall of sound.

Do you like loveless?

That's another album I don't understand the love/hype for
With the exception of only shallow it just feels too much like a wall of sound to me.

>teenage riot is not the only good song
correct
>silver rocket is not the worst song on the album
no. it's a good song but literally every other song on here, even Providence, is at least a little bettter

any band/album similar to s/t or confusion is sex?

but cross the breeze is track 4

this

This and 'Cross The Breeze

glenn branca is actually good no wave

ITT: People not understanding that musical taste is subjective

get into the No Wave scene that they came out of. the bands all had pretty different sounds and approaches but you'll get a similar feeling from listening to most of them. Glenn Branca's early singles with Theoretical Girls and The Static are probably the closest you'll get to Confusion is Sex. His album The Ascension is better but also more polished/not as raw as early Sonic Youth. Also worth checking out: Mars, DNA, Teenage Jesus & the Jerks, early Swans, Rosa Yemen, Rhys Chatham, Sister Iodine

i'm just posting this to tell you guys that actually the best SY album is EVOL

that can't be right, it's one of three SY albums I haven't gotten around to hearing yet

KICK IT

why is everything sonic youth makes so boring
i want to like them so badly but i just can't seem to get into anything

All of your opinions are right on the money but Experimental Jet Set is top 5 SY.

>Band repeats the same rithym and melody for 10 minutes (BMR)
Contrarian SY fans: ATMOSPHERIC MASTERPIECE
>Band makes an album with more ambitious song structures and with actual energy instead of being a stale static lump
Contrarian SY fans: OMG SELLOUTS

How is Sister boring, baka

>>Band repeats the same rithym and melody for 10 minutes (BMR)
You should seriously reevaluate the album.

hello everyone, cross the breeze here

I like its sound and atmosphere, but it has absolutely no momentum or energy.

i put this album playing, went to Sup Forums to see whats happenin and saw this thread lmao

your sister is a beauty when she's naked

thanks.

But The Sprawl isn't the second song on the album

Obviously not

s/t is basically sonic youth trying to emulate public image ltd

Am I the only who's fav sonic album is experimental jet set trash and no star