The masterpiece that never was

Can you imagine if Heath Ledger did not die and was in TDKR? How much better it would be..

Instead TDKR has become one of the most unmemorable Batman movies and is extremely mediocre. Sorry but Bane just doesn't have an impact on me compared to Ledger's Joker and Murphy's Scarecrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQ-EdFl_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Murphy's Scarecrow
>impact

and they tell me Sup Forums isn't satire

DEATH

BY EXILE

You know what, even with Heath dead they should have included the joker. They could have cast Drew Russell, an actor who brings a chilling quality role - managing to simultaneously make it his own while paying tribute to the spirit of Ledger 's interpretation.

shit it would have been a much more interesting movie, they really should have used scarecrow more in it to replace joker.
Though catwoman still would have been that bland bitch and that french dishrag plaguefaced bitch would still have been as ugly

He was damn freakin scary user.

Yes he had a massive impact

oh god I hated catwomen in this.

As for Batman: the only interesting stuff was him imprisoned and trying to escape and then the last minute showing the plot twist.

The rest is so forgettable and I don't ever feel like rewatching it.

>unmemorable

TDK was definitely the best of the three, but TDKR was still pretty fantastic.

I honestly don't remember anything besides the plane scene and that shitty Talia death scene.

>TDKR was still pretty fantastic.
massive pleb detected

youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQ-EdFl_M
How could Nolan direct such a shitty performance?

he'd obviously given up by tdkr. i'm sure after tdk he had amazing ideas for the sequel but after ledger died he was forced to rethink everything.

it would have been hard to put 100% into something you know should have ben better

Oficially, there were no plans for a third movie when TDK came out. Though originally it was going to be split in two movies; TDK would be about Joker, then the third movie about Two-Face after Joker disfigured Dent at his trial. But then they said "fuck it" and decided to do Two-Face in their movie too because they weren't sure they'd get (or want to make) a third one.

So basically TDKR was thought up from scratch after Ledger had died.

*tips fedora*

Hotheads leave

>Implying tdkr wasn't the most memorable of the three.

TDK is the biggest pleb filter in existence.

>was still pretty fantastic
literally laughed out loud

I am 10/10 happy with TDK.

There is nothing that I would add or change.

There is a reason why it is the best super hero film ever made.

Most people here agreed
then the reddit baneposters flooded in

Heat Legend was originally supposed to play CIA in the opening.
The airplane scene was his origins story on how he got the scars.

Why are redditors so obsessed with TDK?

I'm under the impression it's pretty much entirely because of Heath Ledger's death. It's like Nirvana: Mediocrity + Death = Greatness.

Begins > TDKR > TDK

You don't get it, it's okay.

Stick to Star Wars. That's a trilogy made for people like you.

It has nothing to do with Heath dying.. but it has almost everything to do with Ledger's performance.

He delivered the best villain performance in the history of cinema.

FULL. STOP.

Yeah, I dont get badly executed fight scenes, throat cancer batman who gives up after someone dies, dull plot, retarded characters and shitty conclusion.

Batman Begins = 2edgy4me
The Dark Knight = kino
The Dark Knight Rises = fun capes and quips

TDKR is one of the worst Hollywood movies in recent years.

If you want to defend shit like that then go ahead but just understand that it is shit.

It also has the worst Batman costume ever.

If anything I think it showed that Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy is completely forgettable, Batman Begins was alright and nailed the tone of Gotham down perfectly while keeping it semi-realistic but nobody really talks about it anymore because Ledger dying completely overshadowed it. Despite Begins being the best out of the three, The Dark Knight itself is an incredibly boring movie, Two Face is good but everything else is a snore fest, Ledger needed to die so people wouldn't notice. TDKR is just an embarrassing mess, having the same problem Spider-Man 3 did of having too many villains and not having any clear idea on what to do with them.

Remember all the Sup Forumsdrones and /r/movie buffs trying to pretend it was good?

Remember the teaser trailer? "dude joker is totally this piece of rumble in the building"

Remember all the mental gymnastics they had to do for the ending

"in Nolan we trust"

AHAHAHA

Why can't you people just stay on reddit?

>The Dark Knight itself is an incredibly boring movie, Two Face is good but everything else is a snore fest, Ledger needed to die so people wouldn't notice.
This is entirely false.

TDK is a very memorable, engaging movie from following Harveny Dent's campaign to listening to the crazy chatter of Joker to the opening bank scene to the truck/batmobile chase, to the interrogation scene, to the death of Rachel to the hospital scene which was improvised by Ledger when one of the bombs did not go off and so he was playing around with the switch until it suddenly exploded.

10/10 a masterpiece of cinema.

Oh I thought you were defending TDK.

Or are you saying that the reason one movie is bad is because of things that are in both films?

Seriously. Just like a moment of introspection is all it takes to see how little thought you put into your opinions.

There is something seriously wrong with you if you think TDKR is a good movie or entertaining movie.

Suicide Squad is a fun adventure flick compared to this abomination.

TDKR>TDK>Batman

>most people agreed

TDKR was fucking garbage and the only good thing about it was the memes
t. baneposter

>Doesn't like movies based on what gets upvoted on reddit
>Something seriously wrong with you

You're the type of pleb who would've panned The Shining in the eighties. You literally just regurgitate other people's opinions. Have an original thought, I dare you.

it's just realism

sometimes people slip on banana peel

I repeat: the worst Batman costume EVER.

The Batman Begins costume was Bale's best

It's true though.

Like, making a big deal out of the fact that your main villain has no motivation doesn't excuse the fact that THE MAIN VILLAIN HAS NO MOTIVATION.

>You're the type of pleb who would've panned The Shining in the eighties.
The Shining is a masterpiece of horror and it is so much better than Stephen King's version.

But then why are we changing the subject?

Dent and Two Face were the only good things about the movie.

>there are people who defend a scene like this which is terribly directed/ villains and cops running not even acting properly

>You literally just regurgitate other people's opinions. Have an original thought,
>I like da shinning
BAHAHAHA

Come back when you've seen The Haunting you child of imdb

Shit Batman movie, solid action thriller. Batman Begins is a better superhero and Batman movie.

Because every pleb like you hated The Shining when it first came out. It even received a golden raspberry.

When the dust is settled and people aren't just holding opinions out of fashion then you get to see which films stand the test of time.

Right now you just like TDK because everyone else does. It's so obvious and laughable. Don't worry, most people on Sup Forums have no clue about good filmmaking and just endlessly talk about Hollywood schlock, so at least you're not alone.

TDK>Begins>TDKR

All watchable but TDK is going to be remembered forever. Leto has already been forgotten and who the fuck thought it was a good idea for nuJoker to appear in a spinoff before the main course?

It's very cheesy but I enjoyed it. But yeah... it's objectively shit.

>When the dust is settled and people aren't just holding opinions out of fashion then you get to see which films stand the test of time.
Like The Phantom Menace

Good visuals and acting by Ewan and Neeson but Jar Jar and Lloyd don't stand the test.

Leto would be better remembered if they did a Harley/Joker movie first instead of just making him have a small cameo in a badly edited film that had too much going on with so many new characters.

nah the Tattooine stuff is actually really good with young Annie otherwise yeah it needs less Jar Jar.

I do like Tattoine in any Star Wars it's comfy but Lloyd just couldn't act.

>Running into direct gunfire at a full charge

So fucking stupid. They should have had a group of cops walking up to the gunmen, and when they were told to halt, a shit ton more come sprawling out of the alleys and take the gunmen by surprise. It would have been so much better and made so much more sense.

>but Lloyd just couldn't act.
I disagree. I actually thought he did a good job in the saying goodbye to his mother scene.

To be fair, I wouldn't have been able to act under Lucas' direction. There were also stories of him abusing the kid during the shooting.

Will it ever be topped?

That scene and maybe the one with the old lady I like but that's it.

The Joker's motivation is chaos in The Dark Knight.

To be fair Nolan could have easily topped TDK if he used this fellow as a main villain in TDKR.

>Heath Ledger‘s well-documented obsession with his psychopathic role as the Joker in the Batman movie “The Dark Knight” has a new twist: He turned his Manhattan apartment into a shrine dedicated to the iconic supervillain

>Police investigators who responded to the Oscar-winning actor’s Soho loft after his fatal 2008 drug overdose walked into a world filled with Batman comic books, literature on the Joker and clowns, small clown statues and recordings of Ledger practicing his oddly shifting Joker voice in high and low octaves, a law enforcement source revealed.

>Ledger’s red-and-blue, bound journal with “The Joker” emblazoned on the front was composed of ominous photos, comic strips and drawings of the movie villain, clowns and hyenas. There was also a picture of Malcolm McDowell playing the brutish character Alex DeLarge in “A Clockwork Orange.”

>On the back of one of the pages, Ledger made a disturbing notation, scrawling the words, “bye bye.”

Dark Knight did it better still a classic though and I honestly wish we could have seen more Billy Dee Harvey.

I like almost all the Batman movies still have yet to see BvS and Suicide because I just don't care.

The one with Bat nips is pure trash and Alfred's storyline was the only thing decent.

You wouldn't hit a guy wearing glasses would you?

shut up

Things that probably never happened for 200 Mr Trebek.

I'd probably listen to the recordings honestly.

That's all true though.

Sure it is

Okay.

You are correct. It has everything to do with his death and people saying he "went too deep" and got sucked in the character persona he was playing.

"Ohhhhhh much wow, such performance, very dark"

Pleb tier shit.

>He delivered the best villain performance in the history of cinema.
>mfw

>It also has the worst Batman costume ever.

You are wrong, user. WRONG!

Joker is the most boring and overrated villain of all time

so are you going to give a source or post random shit? What a fag

>people discuss a scene from it literally everyday for 4 years
>unmemorable

Exactly the opposite. If Leto didn't stand out with just a short performance...

>Warner Bros: Hey Chris, The Dark Knight grossed over a billion at the box office - we are fucking psyched. Wanna make a sequel?

>Nolan: No. Heath is dead and I don't think I can top The Dark Knight, especially without him. Besides, the 3rd film of a trilogy always sucks. I want to do something else next.

>Warner Bros: ...

>Nolan: Listen - it's called Inception. It's a film based on my original screenplay I've worked on for over 10 years. It's about this heist crew breaking into peoples' minds during their dreams and stealing valuable information, very standard stuff. But then they embark on the biggest heist of their careers. Get this - they actually have to PLANT information on someone's mind which is basically impossible. The film follows them through spectacular set pieces and exhilarating action through many levels of dreams. It's like 60s James Bond meets anime and it's influenced by M. C. Escher, Francis Bacon paintings, Dante's Inferno and that story about Minotaur in the labyrinth. It will cost 160 million plus marketing. Gibs me.

>Warner Bros: Alright... if you do Batman 3 first, we'll finance Inception.

And that's how we ended up with The Dank Meme Rises AKA Chris Nolan blowing 230 million dollars on a film he didn't want to make so he could get 160 million dollars for a film he really wanted to make.

Hothead, pls

rises was the best
literally pleb filter

Is this a reddit meme? The shining is pure dogshit

We all know the story, user. We all know the story.

It still doesn't excuse his directorial direction of Scarecrow and under utilizing him/ making him a pussy. How is it a video game did a better job than Nolan. Oh, nvm, I answered my own question.

Nolan.

>The Shining
>pure dogshit

Agreed. No one gives a damn about BB and only retards from Facebook and Reddit pretend to like TDKR.

Nolan never wanted to make The Dark Knight Rises

The only reason he eventually agreed to make it is because in return WB allowed him to make his passion project Inception

He didn't give a single shit about TDKR and it shows

The Dark Knight Trilogy wasn't supposed to be a trilogy at all, it was supposed to end at TDK which is the perfect ending anyway

>The shining is pure dogshit
GTFO

>He delivered the best villain performance in the history of cinema.

>all these kids discussing capeshit for the millionth time
Huh making me think

Fucking kill yourself

Uh, nah that'd be my man Sharlto as Kruger.

BB costume was so bad they had to address the problem in the second film through the plot.

>TDKR has become one of the most unmemorable Batman movies

>TDK is the biggest pleb filter in existence.

never change Sup Forums, never change

>TDKR
>unmemorable

That movie is literally the greatest meme of all time. I will never forget that movie and neither will anyone else on this board.
To suggest that it is unmemorable is utter nonsense and you know it.

WTF are you talking about. TDKR was great, Bane forme is at the level of Joker at least.

Did all the bad guys with rifles forget how to shoot? the entire fro t line of the cop wall would die. All the bad guys had to do was keep shooting while stepping back amd they couldve easily mowed down the majority of the cops.

But no they had to have a le epik showdown like in lord of the rings. ita just that in LotR it makes sense.

I'm less bummed about this and more bummed that we never got to see Ledger take his acting chops into more actual serious roles. Best we're gonna get is Monster's Ball and Brokeback Mountain

why does the guy on the right have a giant red hat?

its about six years too late to get many (you)s off pretending TDKR was good.

But then again, people who were 12 when it came out would be posting on Sup Forums about now.

shut the fuck up