Y'know what thread I wanna see? Mental illness memes. Like a feels thread...

Y'know what thread I wanna see? Mental illness memes. Like a feels thread, but we're all kind of dissociating and laughing at our despair until it hits full force again.

lost

Holy fuck do I relate to this. Anyone have the problem where they feel obliged to lie to their therapist and say that suicidal thoughts have decreased in frequency, intensity and duration just because it's their job to make you better and you don't wanna let them down?

yes

ME AS FUCK DUDE. It's like I don't wanna disappoint or worry them even though I know they'd rather I be honest

>implying i can afford a therapist

but if i did go to a therapist then yeah probably

mental illness is made up by our fucked up society. there's probably a good reason why you are the way you are.... it's no mental illness. Unless you have schitzophrenia or some shit.

yeah it's called my brain doesn't make the right fucking amounts of the chemicals it's supposed to

>mental illness doesn't exist
>mental illness does exist
Make up your mind, idiot.

i decide mental illness exists

I half agree with this. I mean its society that causes people to feel off in most cases, this society is unnatural to the human sprit. All a lot of people do is go to work and watch tv. Then people act all surprised at why these fucks are depressed.

Damn, I really relate to that one. I never tell my counselor any of my real problems. I just lie and say I'm okay, and let her do the talking because I actually don't give a shit and don't want help and just want to die.

Yes. Not just that though. I didn't want to get committed.

But is it a mental illness? I mean... let's step back and define a mental illness. That one guy said "yeah it's called my brain doesn't make the right fucking amounts of the chemicals it's supposed to". Ok. I think you're assuming a whole lot there. Honestly, are you deceiving yourself when you say this? Is this a confabulation? Are you aware of the capacity for the human brain to deceive itself through a false identity?

Kek. So much kek.

I wanna get robbed at gun point one day just so i can try this, I mean I don't give that much of a fuck, I just don't want my family and friends living with the knowledge that i killed myself, so I'm stuck with desperate gambits like this.

Honestly, what i'm saying is, maybe you don't have a mental illness, maybe you are traumatized by other people. Maybe it's not your fault.

Same

Maybe you are traumatized into developing a false identity through our fucked up society

Man i think under different circumstances, mr "my brain doesn't make the right fucking amounts of the chemicals". Would find some forum of happiness some of the time, they just haven't had those circumstances for a long time/ever

I know, I actually fantasize about this because I seriously don't care.

Maybe he'd kill me or maybe he'd be to shocked. Either way, win win I guess.

I think many mental illnesses are caused by being traumatized by other people. Bullying and shit during school can really fuck people up, for example

This describes what I go thru a lil

society doesn't know how to truly help people that they classify as "mentally ill". Instead they just serve to push them further into that classification

I fantasize about the same thing. I really wish someone would do that so I can grab the gun and put it to my head and tell them to pull the trigger. No fear, no regrets, just fucking kill me right here and take what little shit I have.

You know, there's a reason people study psychology for years before getting a degree, it's because its complicated. If you have a true interest in the field then go do some research on your own, it's simply too complex to debate through a medium such as Sup Forums. Then form your conclusions.

I know they may mean well, but I can never fully trust them. Say one wrong thing and your therapist phones up your corrupt psychiatrist so they can pump you full of more meds. I hate my life

Fuck yeah, but the universe being a cunt and all the only people who get robbed at gunpoint are the ones that care about their lives, go figure, If there's a God he has a savage sense of humour.

nah you're part of the problem. you must be young if you still believe that the authority systems are actually working and not shockingly.... human

studying something does not equate to actually understanding something. It's really a shocking thing. You have a lot to learn, but you probably won't for many years because of a factor of how psychology ACTUALLY works

If you've read even a tiny amount of what famous psychologists have done to humans and animals then you would understand. And most of the modern day medicine prescriptions are just trial and error on their part. The amount of false positives is insane

This thread is magic

bump

post the one about eating ice cream/sweets whenever it's a bad day, which turns out to be every day